Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets Sold 12/06/17

edited June 2017 in General Charlton
My assessment of the approx number of tickets sold to date when tickets went on general sale this morning. (this does not include seats that are marked unavailable assume they are reserved for corporate etc)

Upper North 406
Lower North 1086
Family Stand 481
NWQ 135
East 684
Lower West 620
Upper West 374

Total 3786 approx.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Have to respectfully disagree with Dansk Red. Based on my numbers he looks to have undercounted - especially lower north.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Upper north 460
    Lower north 1128
    Family stand 683
    NWQ 156
    East 867
    Lower west 836
    Upper west 433

Total 4563

This is seats unavailable on the system and does not mean 4,563 have been sold. It excludes wheelchair spaces and some hospitality, but is likely to include significant staff and other comps. I expect there are also small counting errors in these figures, but they should cancel out. The actual sale to date is likely to be under 4,500.
  • Options
    Can we not just host a youtube game before every league match so we fill the ground every other week?
  • Options

Have to respectfully disagree with Dansk Red. Based on my numbers he looks to have undercounted - especially lower north.

Unless somebody desperately wants the free access to the TV package thingy, the Lower North section is the only one where renewing before the deadline may be necessary to keep your existing seats. Especially with the unattractive S/T pricing for many other areas of the ground

• Options

The club MIGHT have sold more tickets if by the end of May they had:

tied Ricky Holmes to a new, improved contract
    sign at least 3 new players (inc the 2 that were in the stands v Swindon)
    agreed the contracts for JJ & Bowyer.

Seeing that the only movement we've seen is 1 new player coming in & he only joined us because no-one else wanted him & will have no re-sale value, is not a great advertisement to enhance season ticket sales.

I, for one, will only renew once I get reassurance that Holmes has signed a new contract & not sold by 31st Aug - and we sign some decent players who have the appetite to get us out of this godforsaken league (and I mean upwards - not downwards)

Agreed. It's been really underwhelming.

More realistic prices for the expensive parts of the ground PLUS an actual discount for renewing early might have have tempted a few more as well...
  • Options
    Typical crowd of 8,000 - based on 5,500 STs, 700 aways, 800 comps and 1,000 home sales. Five figures will be a rarity. Actual crowds of 6,000-ish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

TBH, I have a lot of admiration for those people buying ST's for next season already - they are the true baseline fanbase of this club - for them to put up with all the rubbish that has been thrown at them for the past 3 years and still dish out money to watch it in some ways is admirable.

Just because they buy a ST - doesn't necessarily mean they attend.
  • Options

The club MIGHT have sold more tickets if by the end of May they had:

tied Ricky Holmes to a new, improved contract
    sign at least 3 new players (inc the 2 that were in the stands v Swindon)
    agreed the contracts for JJ & Bowyer.

Seeing that the only movement we've seen is 1 new player coming in & he only joined us because no-one else wanted him & will have no re-sale value, is not a great advertisement to enhance season ticket sales.

I, for one, will only renew once I get reassurance that Holmes has signed a new contract & not sold by 31st Aug - and we sign some decent players who have the appetite to get us out of this godforsaken league (and I mean upwards - not downwards)

Judging by previous posts of yours, I am mystified by your final paragraph.

Do not be misled by these people, keep your money in your pocket.
  • Options
    That's depressing reading, 867 in the East........ spread out guys and girls...... I think it would be finny if one game everyone all sat together in the middle. That would really emphasise how empty it was.

Got to admire some people dedication....... no not those who have bought a ticket but those who have gone online and counted up!
  • Options

Typical crowd of 8,000 - based on 5,500 STs, 700 aways, 800 comps and 1,000 home sales. Five figures will be a rarity. Actual crowds of 6,000-ish.

So they've shrunk the club by about 60%. Geniuses.

• Options
    So if we have another mid-table finish (or worse!) are we then getting into the territory of the club closing stands for a whole season?

If we only manage 6-7k on average, you could fit the entire crowd into the west stand.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

If we only manage 6-7k on average, you could fit the entire crowd into the west stand.

Don't give them ideas.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    can't believe they have 'sold' 4,500, didn't realise there were that many idiots fans out there that would renew in the current circumstances
  • Options
    edited June 2017

can't believe they have 'sold' 4,500, didn't realise there were that many idiots out there

• Options
    Nicholas said:

can't believe they have 'sold' 4,500, didn't realise there were that many idiots out there

Well I'm an idiot then, I was there before these cnuts and I'll be there after. They are not driving me out my club I will do my best to drive them out instead.
    'idiots' the wrong choice of word and it's obviously up to the individual and I thoroughly understand why some people renew

• Sponsored links:

• Options

you got one
    got one what?
  • Options

you got one
    got one what?
    I think he was suggesting that after you called everyone hat has purchased a season ticket an idiot, that you must have a bought one yourself as in his view you were behaving in an idiotic manner. ;)
  • Options
    oh, went way about my head that one - proves his point though ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Nicholas said:

Well I'm an idiot then, I was there before these cnuts and I'll be there after. They are not driving me out my club I will do my best to drive them out instead.
    I'm with you on this one Nicholas. I quite understand the stance that some fans are taking with regard to buying season tickets but I'll be damn if some Belgium twat is going to stop me from "enjoying" my Saturday afternoons. I will add that I will only be renewing my sons ticket as its only costs £100 & is fair value for money - I will buy mine on a match-by-match basis.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

I'm with you on this one Nicholas. I quite understand the stance that some fans are taking with regard to buying season tickets but I'll be damn if some Belgium twat is going to stop me from "enjoying" my Saturday afternoons. I will add that I will only be renewing my sons ticket as its only costs £100 & is fair value for money - I will buy mine on a match-by-match basis.
    Out of interest can you but a junior ticket without an adult one?
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Yes, although I think in the family area maybe not.

I renewed, partly because my kids wanted to and at £100 each was worth it. I'm paying less for three (or about the same) as I did for just mine when RD arrived so also sort of justify it on that.

If my kids can see it through the hard times they'll be here for future owners, if they didn't come at this age, with one off to Uni soon they probably never would.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Nicholas said:

I renewed, partly because my kids wanted to and at £100 each was worth it. I'm paying less for three (or about the same) as I did for just mine when RD arrived so also sort of justify it on that.

If my kids can see it through the hard times they'll be here for future owners, if they didn't come at this age, with one off to Uni soon they probably never would.
    I'm seriously jealous of you, and Golfie. My son won't even come if I pay him!
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Nicholas said:

I'm seriously jealous of you, and Golfie. My son won't even come if I pay him!
    You're clearly not paying enough :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2017

can't believe they have 'sold' 4,500, didn't realise there were that many idiots fans out there that would renew in the current circumstances

I was thinking the same (fans not idiots), amazed really. maybe the cloob are buying them themselves just to bump up numbers :smile: