Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer festivals

13»

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Is anyone going to the Beavertown beer festival this weekend?

Yep, I'm there Saturday. Can't wait, the list of beers is ridiculous!
    I'm going Saturday too. I was reading on their website that they are opening the doors at 1100, but not actually pouring until 1300. Good idea I think. I had to queue up for 30 mins to get in to Craft Beer London.

They have a lot of very good stuff on, very few of what I would call fillers.
    Agreed. We waited roughly 45 minutes for Craft Beer Rising back in Feb so hopefully this means the queue moves reasonably quickly. Not sure what to go for first, there's just so much to choose from. I know I'm going to miss out on something special but it'll be impossible to get round as many beers as I'd like.
    Mikkeller and Gueuzerie are bring some exciting sours. Also looking forward to trying some beers from Other Half Brewing, Lost Abbey, De Molen, 3 Floyds and Brewski. Too many particular beers to single out, but I recommend Alesmiths - Speedway Stout (Vietnamese Coffee), Cloudwater - Double Dry Hopped Nelson Sauvin/Galaxy, Trillium - Dialed In, and Buxton/Omnipollo - Maple IceCream Waffle.

Anything that you particularly fancy?
    If you're getting Trillium, I'd recommend the DDH Fort Point. I'm just off to the brewery now to pick up beer for tonight's Patriots game.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Is anyone going to the Beavertown beer festival this weekend?

Yep, I'm there Saturday. Can't wait, the list of beers is ridiculous!
    I'm going Saturday too. I was reading on their website that they are opening the doors at 1100, but not actually pouring until 1300. Good idea I think. I had to queue up for 30 mins to get in to Craft Beer London.

They have a lot of very good stuff on, very few of what I would call fillers.
    Agreed. We waited roughly 45 minutes for Craft Beer Rising back in Feb so hopefully this means the queue moves reasonably quickly. Not sure what to go for first, there's just so much to choose from. I know I'm going to miss out on something special but it'll be impossible to get round as many beers as I'd like.
    Mikkeller and Gueuzerie are bring some exciting sours. Also looking forward to trying some beers from Other Half Brewing, Lost Abbey, De Molen, 3 Floyds and Brewski. Too many particular beers to single out, but I recommend Alesmiths - Speedway Stout (Vietnamese Coffee), Cloudwater - Double Dry Hopped Nelson Sauvin/Galaxy, Trillium - Dialed In, and Buxton/Omnipollo - Maple IceCream Waffle.

Anything that you particularly fancy?
    If you're getting Trillium, I'd recommend the DDH Fort Point. I'm just off to the brewery now to pick up beer for tonight's Patriots game.
    They are going that on keg, so I'll give it a go.
  • Options
    The erdinger oktoberfest is in the o2 in october.
  • Options
    I'm back in the UK for a few days at the end of the month. Here for two Saturdays" home game v Bury on the first week, St Albans Beer Festival on the second. Looking forward to both.
  • Options
    Oktoberfest in Chelmsford last night. Not the best German beer ever (ABK?) But an absolute party. Best night out I've had in ages
  • Options
    Norwich Beer Festival Week 2017 kicks off two weeks today - can't wait.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Oktoberfest in Chelmsford last night. Not the best German beer ever (ABK?) But an absolute party. Best night out I've had in ages

Good to hear. Going to the one in Colchester, is it the same people @McBobbin
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Good to hear. Going to the one in Colchester, is it the same people @McBobbin
    Probably, I think they are doing the rounds
    It's carnage
  • Options

Norwich Beer Festival Week 2017 kicks off two weeks today - can't wait.

Starts tomorrow evening, goes through to Saturday.

Over 220 different draught ales ranging from golden beers through to porters and stouts, plus a cider and perry bar and a foreign beer section in the marquee.

Had a look through the beer list and made up my mild/porter/old wishlist for the week - hopefully some of them will be available when I'm there tomorrow night and Wednesday or Thursday lunchtime.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ^oscar Wilde is a fine pint
  • Options

Oktoberfest in Colchester was good fun. Proper Essex.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

^oscar Wilde is a fine pint

@McBobbin I forgot to thank you for the tip about the Oscar Wilde!

It was a very nice beer and definitely in my top 5 for the week:

1. Norfolk Brewhouse, Moongazer Dark (dark mild)
    2. Mauldons, Blackberry Porter
    3. Mighty Oak, Oscar Wilde (dark mild)
    4. Buffys, Mucky Duck (porter)
    5. Beeston, Squirrels Nuts (dark mild)
  • Options
    Ooh that blackberry porter is nice as well! Seems you have similar taste to me, I love a nice porter/mild. Harder to come by with the latest craze for ultra hoppy craft beers.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    McBobbin said:

Ooh that blackberry porter is nice as well! Seems you have similar taste to me, I love a nice porter/mild. Harder to come by with the latest craze for ultra hoppy craft beers.

Always one (Stout, Porter or Mild) on at my place. Currently Hop Fuzz's (Hythe) Blacksmith Stout.
  • Options
    Glad to hear it Riv. There are far too many pubs wasting valuable bar space serving up a less than balanced selection these days.
  • Options
    We have six real ales on, gravity dispensed. A session bitter 3.6 permanently on , an ever changing session pale <4.0% , an ever changing Best Bitter 4.0- 4.6%, an ever changing golden ale 4.0-4.6%, an ever changing strong ale (IPA, Premium Bitter, Strong Pale) 5.0%+ and an ever changing dark beer (Stout, Porter or Mild).
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Mild as a description seems to have gone out of fashion. However people are brewing and selling mild albeit often under other names.

Plenty of good porters and stouts in the better establishments
  • Options
    Orkney Dark Island has to be my all time fave beer, dark or otherwise
  • Options

Mild as a description seems to have gone out of fashion. However people are brewing and selling mild albeit often under other names.

Plenty of good porters and stouts in the better establishments

Still plenty of milds around from Kent breweries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I look forward to this one every year in Portland, Maine
  • Options
    Off to my annual pilgrimage very soon:

https://www.see.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?id=14968
  • Options
    The Dog and Bell in Deptford is well worth a visit. We always try and get there for two or three pre-match pub lunches every season. Good beer and food, all very reasonably priced. They've got a Scottish Beer Festival next weekend (1 to 3 December), with over 20 beers - https://twitter.com/thedogandbell?lang=en
  • Options
    edited November 2017

@SomervilleAddick Is this Novare Res in Portland? I went there in August, loved it!
  • Options
    Blucher said:

The Dog and Bell in Deptford is well worth a visit. We always try and get there for two or three pre-match pub lunches every season. Good beer and food, all very reasonably priced. They've got a Scottish Beer Festival next weekend (1 to 3 December), with over 20 beers - https://twitter.com/thedogandbell?lang=en

Lovely pub. Really enjoy it there. And there's bar billiards!
  • Options
    edited November 2017

@SomervilleAddick Is this Novare Res in Portland? I went there in August, loved it!
    Indeed it is. One of my favorite bars in Portland. I was in there last night. Did you get to visit any of the brewery tasting rooms?