Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greenwich & Bexley Hospice Fundraiser @ The White Swan Saturday July 22nd (tonight)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Any earlier and I won't be standing for your set!
  • Options
    Oh and just a reminder for those who won't be attending, but would, nevertheless, like to support the Hospice, you can donate here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/john-barnes8
  • Options
    Hope the barbie is still going at 6.30pm when I arrive.

Edit: There is a rumour Ben Reeves will be signing for us in the White Swan garden at 7pm.

and Ronaldo and Andy Delort!
  • Options

Any earlier and I won't be standing for your set!

Bar is open till 1am.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this later
    Can we have a few chants of 'Roland Out' during our set please?
    Cheers
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Greenie said:

Looking forward to this later
    Can we have a few chants of 'Roland Out' during our set please?
    Cheers

No chance mate, everyone will have had their free scarf and calendar by now.
  • Options
    Just told the wfe about this and we will be coming along.
  • Options
    Absolutely quality night. Pissed so more tomorrow!
  • Options
    Great night, thanks to everyone who contributed
  • Options
    A very enjoyable night , thanks to all the bands
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for the invite to play yesterday
    Had a blast, and we did get a couple of 'Roland Out' chants as well, shame we couldn't play and stay for later, we had to get to another gig for 9pm.
    Loved the ciders in the Swan, I sampled one or four.
    Great to meet a few lifers as well including our esteemed leader!
    I do hope a few quid was raised for the Hospice, and having lost a bass player in one of my old bands to this disease I know how well he was looked after by them.
  • Options
    Great set Jim, - loved it.

If we do it again next year, I'll make sure to give you a bit more notice and perhaps you'll stay a bit longer.
  • Options

Great set Jim, - loved it.

If we do it again next year, I'll make sure to give you a bit more notice and perhaps you'll stay a bit longer.

Count us in mate.
    Loved the pub as well.
    Cheers
  • Options
    Really enjoyed your set @greenie

Fatigue, drunkenness and my 7 year old needing bed prevented me from getting to the end of the 2percent set.

@Big in Brasov did give me one of your CDs though and have made a contribution to the hospice's cause today.

Thanks for arranging and contributing to what was a great night.
  • Options
    Jimmy and The Poor Boys.
  • Options

Really enjoyed your set @greenie

Fatigue, drunkenness and my 7 year old needing bed prevented me from getting to the end of the 2percent set.

@Big in Brasov did give me one of your CDs though and have made a contribution to the hospice's cause today.

Thanks for arranging and contributing to what was a great night.

Alwaysneil - thanks for your complement, I hope you enjoy some of our work on the CD
    More importantly thanks for donating
    All the best
    Jim
  • Options
    Really enjoyable evening, well done to those who put in time organizing. Its a really good cause, probably my favorite charity.

Managed to 'shake it all about' right through the 2percent's gig. Love the anti regime songs.

Look forward to next year.
  • Options
    I was hanging yesterday morning!

Had a great night at the Swan. Managed to get there just in time to see the end of @Greenie 's excellent set and by the time The Two Percent come on I was well oiled. Which may explain why I got home thinking i'd just seen the best band in the world !!

Seriously, had great fun and if you like your ska music then they are absolutely bang on, and I had a cracking oi oi bop around to some Madness, Specials, Bad Manners covers etc along with their excellent own stuff.

Well done to all involved, particularly @Badger who makes no fuss whatsoever but done a brilliant job in organising.

ps. @DanWilliams is a card trick genius !!
  • Options

I was hanging yesterday morning!

Had a great night at the Swan. Managed to get there just in time to see the end of @Greenie 's excellent set and by the time The Two Percent come on I was well oiled. Which may explain why I got home thinking i'd just seen the best band in the world !!

Seriously, had great fun and if you like your ska music then they are absolutely bang on, and I had a cracking oi oi bop around to some Madness, Specials, Bad Manners covers etc along with their excellent own stuff.

Well done to all involved, particularly @Badger who makes no fuss whatsoever but done a brilliant job in organising.

ps. @DanWilliams is a card trick genius !!

Echo this, had a great night. Lady RedArmySE7 wasn't happy I got her out of bed to drive me to the kebab shop at 1am :)!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 2percent
  • Options
    The 2percent
  • Options
    Well done to everybody involved.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Brilliant! Hope so.