Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Options

Rob7Lee said:

Croydon said:

Chaz Hill said:

It gets worse. Esther McFester fancying her chances now!

I thought Andrew Marr pulled Johnson apart pretty well yday. He certainly didn't look too happy as the programme faded out.

Any of our Conservative minded contributors got any preferences for their next leader?

Ruth Davidson
    Good one, I was struggling to come up with anyone but she’d be pretty good I reckon.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/16/ruth-davidson-rules-out-bid-become-conservative-leader-scottish-tory
    Oh Well, Boris it is then :wink:
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Murmurings of 48 tubes putting in their letters of no confidence to remove their Chief Tube

Great, get to see more self indulgent wank from this shit stain of a party whilst the country potentially goes down the plug hole

Don't think she's going anywhere, I thought 48 had to send in the letters to force a vote then a ballot of all Tory MP's, so you need about 160 to vote her out still, not sure there is that strength of feeling if they've struggled to get the 48 letters.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

Murmurings of 48 tubes putting in their letters of no confidence to remove their Chief Tube

Great, get to see more self indulgent wank from this shit stain of a party whilst the country potentially goes down the plug hole

Don't think she's going anywhere, I thought 48 had to send in the letters to force a vote then a ballot of all Tory MP's, so you need about 160 to vote her out still, not sure there is that strength of feeling if they've struggled to get the 48 letters.
    I struggle to see any other credible candidates

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

Well if there are 48 letters she will be forced to resign as PM. She could certainly stand and fight for re election and she might win but it’s a massive blow that she might not recover from.

• Options
    cabbles said:

Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

I struggle to see any other credible candidates

After tonight only one choice...... Bowyer, he'd have Brexit sorted within the week!
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

Well if there are 48 letters she will be forced to resign as PM. She could certainly stand and fight for re election and she might win but it’s a massive blow that she might not recover from.

There is a secret confidence ballot by the MPs first and if she loses she will be forced to resign.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

I think you've been misled, that's not how it works at all.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

I think you've been misled, that's not how it works at all.
    Looks like a vote tonight, needs 100 plus I would think to oust her, god knows who’ll we’ll get after that.

Interesting times, what a mess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will need a big rabbit out of the hat from the EU today to survive I would think.
  • Options
    Trying to think of the most ridiculous replacement?

JRM
    Bojo
    Gove?
  • Options
    IA said:
    ...how apt that there's even a typo in the statement announcing it.
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

cabbles said:

48 votes forces a vote of confidence, she would then need 158 votes to not be forced out but a number near that might make her resign.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Party First, Country Second, always the Tory way

Themselves first methinks
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Party First, Country Second, always the Tory way

Always the politicians way, I think you'll find. Also I think you are wrong in another way. It should read self first, party second, country third.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Cameron should come back. Make the fucker clear up the mess and sink with the ship
  • Options

Curbs 16/1
  • Options
    The problem for the Tories is that May has played this badly. But May has had a foot in both camps. Her replacement would have to do that. But given where we are in the Brexit process, you can't really do that! Probably Javid or Hunt would be the best bet for them, but it is a nightmare for them and ultimately the country.

Sadly for May, the option she always had was to say, if parliament can't accept the deal, I'll let the people who voted for Brexit do so. She has resisted the thing that would have helped her.
  • Options

The problem for the Tories is that May has played this badly. But May has had a foot in both camps. Her replacement would have to do that. But given where we are in the Brexit process, you can't really do that! Probably Javid or Hunt would be the best bet for them, but it is a nightmare for them and ultimately the country.

Sadly for May, the option she always had was to say, if parliament can't accept the deal, I'll let the people who voted for Brexit do so. She has resisted the thing that would have helped her.

You're assuming May is going to lose the vote.

I just can't see that happening.
  • Options

The real question is about how big is the vote against her.

There has been a reasonably stable consensus (among the political opinion pieces I have been reading over the last 6 months or so) that, in the event of a leadership challenge, her position would be untenable if much more than 100 MPs voted for the no-confidence motion (for all that she would be safe from another challenge for 12 months).

Admittedly, she has demonstrated a determination to cling on, no matter how unattractive the option, until now, and she may flout the "rules" of thumb...
  • Options

There has been a reasonably stable consensus (among the political opinion pieces I have been reading over the last 6 months or so) that, in the event of a leadership challenge, her position would be untenable if much more than 100 MPs voted for the no-confidence motion (for all that she would be safe from another challenge for 12 months).

Admittedly, she has demonstrated a determination to cling on, no matter how unattractive the option, until now, and she may flout the "rules" of thumb...
    She won’t quit, even if she only wins by one vote she won’t quit.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

She won’t quit, even if she only wins by one vote she won’t quit.
    I think you are right
  • Options
    |She is one nasty self opinionated bitch who thinks she can walk on water. Well, the truth be told, she struggles to walk on tarmac!! I've seen ironing boards with more grace.
    Never thought I'd say it but she is worse than Thatcher!!
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46237174

The list of those who have confirmed they have sent their ‘letter’.

A complete shower of talentless shit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!