Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Options
    A few pages back (I think) someone bumped this thread and wondered why it didn't take off like the Labour change thread.
    I think the answer to that is that no one, despite massive head scratching, has any idea of any answers to the question. There's no obvious alternative candidiate for PM and there are no stand out members of the cabinet. The only vaguely acceptable people appear to be few and far between, like Anne Soubry. But she tells it like it is, so that makes her a non-starter.
  • Options

Outside of political views, the most worrying thing for the Tories must be the level of incompetence running throught their party. Look how bad May is - then look who her last rival was for the party leadership - Calling for the media to be more patriotic over Brexit negotiations - I mean what is she on about?

Agree but the stupid women thinks that we should all be flying Union flags and can't understand why not everyone feels the same way as her.

• Options
    Patriotic?
    I am a Lee SE London patriot and all you bastards in Lewisham, Grove Park, Eltham, and Blackheath can fuck off, no seamless border here. As for Bromley, Bexley and Shooters Hill...thar be Dragons!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Patriotic?
    I am a Lee SE London patriot and all you bastards in Lewisham, Grove Park, Eltham, and Blackheath can fuck off, no seamless border here. As for Bromley, Bexley and Shooters Hill...thar be Dragons!

I don't even think of Lee as being a distinct area. Its Lewisham isn't it.

• Options
    cafcfan said:

A few pages back (I think) someone bumped this thread and wondered why it didn't take off like the Labour change thread.
    I think the answer to that is that no one, despite massive head scratching, has any idea of any answers to the question. There's no obvious alternative candidiate for PM and there are no stand out members of the cabinet. The only vaguely acceptable people appear to be few and far between, like Anne Soubry. But she tells it like it is, so that makes her a non-starter.

While it is too soon for her, I have been very impressed by Heidi Allen recently. She seems to talk a lot of sense, comes across very well in interviews and gave a very good speech against tax credit cuts to parliament. I can see her going very far and playing an active part in modernising the conservatives if they have any common sense.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Patriotic?

I don't even think of Lee as being a distinct area. Its Lewisham isn't it.

Fighting talk. Beware, Lee has it's own independent arsenal of an array of Old Colfeian cricket bats.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Patriotic?

But what about Hither Green?
  • Options
    Hither Green is a tolerated buffer state.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

That was me @cafcfan, but it was a shameless attempt to boost the amount of discussions made on a thread I started as everything else I had ever started had failed to get past 10 (apart from the haiku thread which is a work of art).

Still only been going for two weeks and now have a #target300 committee helping push it on.
  • Options
    Have they changed yet?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Have they changed yet?

How many Psychoanalysts does it take to change the Tory party?

Well, the Tory party has to really want to change.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    They need to appeal to voters who know nothing about the past.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2017
    All that the Tories have to do now is ditch Lynton Crosby & campaign positively with proper consideration of policy & look to things that work. Rather than being fixated on the free market, small state, minimal regulation solutions for everything, whether it makes sense or not. Not seeing that they have learnt any lessons yet.
  • Options
    Can we trust Labour to manage the magic money tree which sporadically spouts out money to the DUP and the Queen?

Theresa May has no credibility left - Boris or Jacob Rees-Mogg deserve a shot at leadership so we can have a posh idiot in charge.

• Options

• Options
    Jeez is this the same jacket from 2009? Or has he a whole stash of them?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never understood why people fall for posh accent = intelligent.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    So, we have the proof - he does tend to bulk buy.

Here he is with his Bagpuss (and Clanger) collection.

• Options
    We're a cultivated breed, old chum
  • Options
    (My accent isn't that posh!)
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

The man is so stupid he doesn't realise that there's another animated cat called Mog.

• Options
    cafcfan said:

Jeez is this the same jacket from 2009? Or has he a whole stash of them?

Once you get over 50 you work out what you like and what size it is then you just keep buying the same thing. Saves ever having to go clothes shopping if you do it online.

That in no way constitutes a defence of JRM, although I feel a little sorry for his eldest son.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

The man is so stupid he doesn't realise that there's another animated cat called Mog.

That would be Mogg, surely.....
  • Options
    What a double wanker.

I didn't see to many kids like that at Eltham Green in the early 80's.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!