Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Maltese Gerry

edited June 2017 in General Charlton
A life long Charlton fan , and a great character held a season ticket for years and went most away games ..even attened home games when he lived in Malta , Gerard Di Mato has passed away at the age of 81 I'm some on here will have known him he was a close friend of my family.

Comments

• Knew him from games but never realised he was that old.
    Proper Charlton.
  • I think my dad and @The31YearMan knew him from back in the day. Sad news - RIP
  • RIP

Is that the guy who always wore the flat cap?
  • Maltese Paul pace wore the flat Cap jetry was his mate
  • edited June 2017
    shit sad news. always smiling hard for a Charlton fan.wouldn't have thought he was that age

RIP
  • CH4RLTON said:

Maltese Paul pace wore the flat Cap jetry was his mate

Thanks. RIP Maltese Jerry
  • It is who I'm thinking of. Wore a syrup. Again RIP, my old man and uncle remember him from the 70s

we (my dad, 31 year man and @j_lo) have annual close season curry night on 23rd of June

Will be sure to raise a glass
  • Sad news.. I remember Jerry from games back in the 70's. He was always upbeat and had a smile on his face. I spoke to him briefly a few months ago at the Valley which must have been his last game - RIP.
  • RIP - remember him well from his days accompanying Paul Pace home and away.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP Maltese Jerry.

I know Maltese Paul (Paul Pace ? ).

I can't picture Jerry. A photo would be nice if the family thought it appropriate.
  • First remember Jerry from our memorable 5-4 win over Chesterfield in the 1970's. His boy use to accompany him on all the away trips bunking off from school. Loved his Charlton. Genuine nice man. Rest in Peace Jerry.
  • RIP, as Covered End said remember Maltese Paul , would probably recognise him if I saw a photo
  • RIP Jerry
  • cabbles said:

It is who I'm thinking of. Wore a syrup. Again RIP, my old man and uncle remember him from the 70s

we (my dad, 31 year man and @j_lo) have annual close season curry night on 23rd of June

Will be sure to raise a glass

Yes thats him fantastic hair piece
  • edited June 2017
    Very sad news. Gerry, his son young Gerard, and Paul Pace, along with Paul's wife, were regular fixtures at away games, and always good company. RIP Gerry, gone but never forgotten.
  • Remember those guys well from the 70s. Familiar faces home and away. RIP
  • Remember him from 70's away games. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Think I knew him back in the 70s, was he shortish, rotund, with a mop of unruly black hair spreading out from under his cap, always had a big grin ?

RIP Gerry
  • I've probably got the wrong person. Did he pick up Lewis coaches in Battersea, along with Vince, during the 70s?..
    Son, played Gk, for youth team?.
  • I've probably got the wrong person. Did he pick up Lewis coaches in Battersea, along with Vince, during the 70s?..

If you and @The31YearMan were on talking terms you could ask him. But you orchestrated a campaign of terror against him on the DJ coach because he got the Trust coach to Oxford. He still has night terrors at what a pariah he has become :wink:
  • cabbles said:

I've probably got the wrong person. Did he pick up Lewis coaches in Battersea, along with Vince, during the 70s?..

If you and @The31YearMan were on talking terms you could ask him. But you orchestrated a campaign of terror against him on the DJ coach because he got the Trust coach to Oxford. He still has night terrors at what a pariah he has become :wink:
    "We want Cyril out!"
  • cabbles said:

I've probably got the wrong person. Did he pick up Lewis coaches in Battersea, along with Vince, during the 70s?..

"We want Cyril out!"
    :-) I'm a big fan of Cyril really.

He used to stand near the half-way line on the east terrace near the the front in the 70's & i think was from the Battersea area, his son was a goalkeeper & may have played for the youth team.
    He travelled by train in the late 70's,early 80's to away games.I think he may have been an organiser of Valley away train travel with or after Mick Walker packed it in.

RIP Gerry.
  • RIP Gerry, Knew him from games but not personally.....Does Maltese Paul still go? Saw him and his flat cap at Sellout games.
  • RIP...remember him and his mate from late 70's/early 80's.