Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone living/working in Geneva?

I've been seconded to Geneva for a couple of weeks from next Monday - anyone know where I can watch the cricket World Cup?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Moved out here 6 months ago... Last Godiva will put it on, as will the Club House if you ask
  • Options
    I hear that they charge about £10 for a basic coffee and nearly £20 for a burger! Make sure you take your credit card and claim back the expenses!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

I hear that they charge about £10 for a basic coffee and nearly £20 for a burger! Make sure you take your credit card and claim back the expenses!

So, its a bit cheaper than Luxembourg then !
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Moved out here 6 months ago... Last Godiva will put it on, as will the Club House if you ask

Cheers Sayer.
  • Options
    No worries, that should have read Lady Godivas

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:

You should have watched what you were doing rather than looking at the pictures...
  • Options
    Girlfriends been out there since March haven't been to visit her yet and doubt she'll know anything about where to watch sport. All I do know is it's bloody expensive so much so that she crosses the boarder into France to do her weekly shop. You gotta love free movement!
  • Options

Canters, give me her number and i'll go and say hello for you :)

Hahaha watch it :p
  • Options
    Try Charlie O'Neil's Irish Pub. They also used to have music on Saturday nights featuring The Crazy Canadians.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Canters, give me her number and i'll go and say hello for you :)

Don't let her give you a lift
  • Options

Girlfriends been out there since March haven't been to visit her yet and doubt she'll know anything about where to watch sport. All I do know is it's bloody expensive so much so that she crosses the boarder into France to do her weekly shop. You gotta love free movement!

Interestingly enough Switzerland aren't actually in the European Union..
  • Options

Yes but are part of the EFTA and so are subject to free movement.
  • Options
    Touché !
  • Options
    My partner just reminded me of another, the Pickwick.
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

You should have watched what you were doing rather than looking at the pictures...
    Whoooosh?
  • Options

How cool. She can have wing mirrors off of cars in 2 countries whilst buying some milk :smiley:
    Don't be silly. I don't let her drive much at home let alone abroad! ;)
  • Options

Ok for odds and ends and a bit of food shopping but the Swiss Customs are shit hot on locals doing their shopping in the EU and take no prisoners.
  • Options
    So, Lady Godiva or Pickwick for the England game tonight ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Remember spending 2 days in the Pickwick around the Eng v Arg game back in 05. Easily in my top 5 England games attended. Three floor pub if I remember rightly. One of my mates walked out the door one night, straight into a moving tram. He got off lightly tbh. Not cheap!!
  • Options
    Geneva really is a beautiful place.
  • Options

I buy my watches from there.......LOL
  • Options

Ok for odds and ends and a bit of food shopping but the Swiss Customs are shit hot on locals doing their shopping in the EU and take no prisoners.
    I wonder who's right :)
  • Options

I wonder who's right :)
    Well my girlfriend and pretty nuch everyone she knew out there crossed the boarder to do their shopping every time without issue. I did it myself when I was out there.

We crossed the boarder multiple times over a few days by boat, car, train, cable car and on foot without a single check. Sounds like free movement to me.

It's also in the conditions of the EFTA that countries must accept free movement a fact often missed in the Credit debate.
  • Options

On way to Prague otherwise would've been all over a few beers!
  • Options
    I meant to convey that they don't bother folks doing a bit of weekend shopping.....but if you try stronging it....i.e. TV's, computers, white goods in general, furniture etc they can and often do kick ass.
  • Options
    Thousands of people (of all nationalities) commute from the French suburbs to work in Geneva every day.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

On way to Prague otherwise would've been all over a few beers!
    ill be around there quite a bit mate over next few months so if youre up for a mid week beer then we can organise
  • Options
    Canters.....what did you say you were doing in Geneva again?....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41306934