Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Action Group

On moving home recently I came across a single-sheet pamphlet produced by the Valley Action Group which, I'm guessing, would have been produced shortly after the move to Selhurst in 1985.

Anyone on here remember the VAG or what became of them?

Comments

• Options

Great bit of history.

Belongs in a Museum

I assume you mean THE museum
  • Options

Great bit of history.

Belongs in a Museum

I assume you mean THE museum
    Yes THE Museum. Thanks a lot

If you could post it to the Charlton Athletic Museum C/O The Valley that would be great.

Anyone know anything more about VAG?
  • Options
    All jokes apart, the valley action group does ring a bell.

I found an old B-Mob calling card sorting through some stuff the other day. Can't remember where I got it from, I wasn't part of them but do know a few of them so must have got it from them. Would have been around the mid to late 80's.
  • Options

I found an old B-Mob calling card sorting through some stuff the other day. Can't remember where I got it from, I wasn't part of them but do know a few of them so must have got it from them. Would have been around the mid to late 80's.

Enough or i will have to kill you: )
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Post it up. Found this in an old wallet a few weeks ago. Guessing around 1992. Can't even remember what 'CSC' stood for, I'm guessing Charlton Soccer Casuals as it would have been about the time of the Aberdeen book. Think it was Lester that got a job lot done, but might be wrong.

Feels a very long time ago now!

• Options

And you're going to donate that the Museum too
  • Options

It's in a scrapbook of al places. You can have it if I can get it out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Whore ;-)

• Options

We have a professional paper restorer who can do the whole scrap book.
  • Options
    VAG appeared away at Pompey shortly after we left the Valley. We were drinking in Havent when Plod decided they wanted us out---3 full boozzers---when ee got to Pompey they asked who "we" were and got told VAG----they then started to aim people out one at a time --this got a tad silly and if went off old school-----there was a picture which did the rounds saying it was Pompey Vs Charlton hoolies but Pompey were at the other end of the ground.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Whore ;-)

Yep, no shame, no gain
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, the police tried to kettle the 'VAG' into the middle section of the away end at Fratton Park so they could keep them separate from the rest of the Charlton, making it easier to take them out individually.
    However, as soon as their tactics became obvious, a fair number of Charlton in the adjacent section decided to join the VAG, and it was this that sparked off the row with the police who were totally outnumbered, and who sensibly decided to back off.
  • Options

If I remember correctly, the police tried to kettle the 'VAG' into the middle section of the away end at Fratton Park so they could keep them separate from the rest of the Charlton, making it easier to take them out individually.
    However, as soon as their tactics became obvious, a fair number of Charlton in the adjacent section decided to join the VAG, and it was this that sparked off the row with the police who were totally outnumbered, and who sensibly decided to back off.

It has taken all these years.

Me and mate had a last visit to the facilities before ko. These were next to the turnstiles. Coppers decided that we were to corralled with the newcomers. We were very close to a punch up with ob as my mate was not going to leave his missus on her own. TBF we did get an apology later.

Now i know it is all @Goonerhater 's fault ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Its a long time ago, but I'm sure that there were some leaflets handed out at Wimbledon around the time we moved, think that was before the pompey game even. That day there was a row in the home end and some of the establishment decided that those behind the leaflets and the people having a scrap were one and the same, demonstrating that those against the move were anarchists and hoolies.

Think they got that one wrong.....
  • Options
    I remember VAG. Aah the memories.
  • Options
    Was there any beef between the members of VAG?
  • Options
    Think its curtains for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All smells a bit fishy to me.
  • Options
    I think anything VAG related should be moved to members only.
  • Options

Post it up. Found this in an old wallet a few weeks ago. Guessing around 1992. Can't even remember what 'CSC' stood for, I'm guessing Charlton Soccer Casuals as it would have been about the time of the Aberdeen book. Think it was Lester that got a job lot done, but might be wrong.

Feels a very long time ago now!

@AFKABartram are you going to make me ask?
  • Options

I bet you say that to all the girls.
  • Options
    Looks like the scrapbook that had the b-mob card has been chucked out, gutted.

Found a copy of the VAG handout in another one though. I'd written that I got it at the Wimbledon away game on 28/09/85.

I also found this old kit that I think was hung in a car window, along with the seat labels from the old west stand, taken on the last game against Stoke.

• Options
    Gutted that the scrap book got chucked out. Wouldn't have happened if it had been in a Museum @DaveMehmet

There will be a couple of trustees at the museum next Thursday 29th June.

If anyone wants to visit lets us know

@AFKABartram I ain't too proud to beg so are you gonna donate that card.

@DaveMehmet can I tweet those pics?
  • Options

Gutted that the scrap book got chucked out. Wouldn't have happened if it had been in a Museum @DaveMehmet

No problem with tweeting the pics. Luckily was only newspaper cuttings in the scrapbook so nothing too precious lost.
  • Options

No problem with tweeting the pics. Luckily was only newspaper cuttings in the scrapbook so nothing too precious lost.
    Plus you're welcome to the VAG handout and seat labels (will probably keep the kit though)
  • Options
    @DaveMehmet - The Wimbledon away match was the week after, what we thought would be the last match at the Valley
  • Options

Plus you're welcome to the VAG handout and seat labels (will probably keep the kit though)
    Cheers, post them or drop them off at mine, which ever suits.