Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One Love Manchester Concert

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017

Its not been bad for her career has it?...

?
  • Options

Shameful comment
  • Options
    She has done incredibly well in trying to help in a horrible situation. Nothing but praise for her.
  • Options

Leave off.
  • Options
    the concert was very good, i did think it was too soon, but it was great to see the kids and the policeman dancing, a very nice moment in a couple of weeks or horror.
  • Options
    Just watched the concert. Got misty-eyed many times.... Massive respect to Ariana and all the people that were involved in putting this show together.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I don't know much of her music and I doubt I'm her target market but I'm fairly certain her career was ticking along just fine prior to this tragedy.

Think she's handled it brilliantly and she'll always be well remembered in our country for her response to a truly horrific event that befell us - no-one would have blamed her for going back to America and wanting nothing to do with the aftermath but that's obviously not the sort of person she is.
    She did go back to the USA the next day, got some stick for it snd returned a few days later. I am not suggesting she did the concert for entirely selfish reasons, but her manager would have definitely been encouraging her to do it. It has very good PR for her, and she is now more famous and widely recognised than she ever has been.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Shameful comment
    Will her record sales increase? Yes

How many people on here that don't have kids knew who she was two weeks ago? Very few I'd say.

So in these respects it hasn't been "bad" for her career has it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whatever the motives behind the concert, it appears to have been an attempt to contribute something positive out of something inhumanely destructive and negative.
    It may well help her career, but it also seems to have helped the victims financially and emotionally.
    It does not solve anything, but i think it can be fairly regarded as a reaction to tragedy with an effort to help.
    Well done to her and her team.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

stonemuse said:

Shameful comment
    Will her record sales increase? Yes

How many people on here that don't have kids knew who she was two weeks ago? Very few I'd say.

So in these respects it hasn't been "bad" for her career has it.
    So you would have preferred her to do nothing?
  • Options
    Sure i read that since the attack, over £10m has been raised and she's also re-released one of her songs with all proceeds going into the fund so she deserves nothing but praise.
  • Options
    Very few stars would have done what she's done and I'm sure the whole set of events must have affected her greatly. She's only 23 FFS

I didn't expect her to do this and think she deserves a lot of credit. It won't harm her career but so what?
  • Options
    reported that noel gallagher has donated all future dont look back in anger royalties to the fund aswell
  • Options
    I hope that the funds raised go to the victims and families of the other attacks too. All as important and sad as each other.