Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England squad to face Scotland and France

2»

Comments

• Options

@roseandcrown be honest im pretty new to the away game scene started with france last year which i enjoyed done wales and russia, then done slovakia in september and have booked up scotland and malta this year, theres a lot of seasoned charlton lads that go @The Organiser probably being the go to man for any questions.

Did you just sign up and pay the supports club fee and apply for each game? cheers

Yes you do mate
  • Options
    i see the mails piece this morning on " the worst behaved fans in football that treat away games like stag weekends" dont remember us leaving people in comas like the russians, and of course the irish and scottish dont drink heavily and sing songs, the nazi saluting at the germany freindly i think is disgusting and they thoroughly deserve the lifetime ban which 2 have recieved. we have had this discussion before but i still dont consider 10 german bombers racist - its about part of our history.
  • Options
    Could be a tough match - Scotland on a wave of optimism after the U20s beat Brazil in the Toulon Tournament.
  • Options
    I think we said our last squad was the worst in years and we put in a pretty decent performance away in Germany, especially first half.

Hopefully Southgate is putting together a good young 'team' rather than 3 or 4 individually good players that we feel like we need to rely on.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Could be a tough match - Scotland on a wave of optimism after the U20s beat Brazil in the Toulon Caber Toss.

• Options

i see the mails piece this morning on " the worst behaved fans in football that treat away games like stag weekends" dont remember us leaving people in comas like the russians, and of course the irish and scottish dont drink heavily and sing songs, the nazi saluting at the germany freindly i think is disgusting and they thoroughly deserve the lifetime ban which 2 have recieved. we have had this discussion before but i still dont consider 10 german bombers racist - its about part of our history.

I don't know if it's racist. But it's certainly embarrassing.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I don't know if it's racist. But it's certainly embarrassing.
    why?
  • Options
    Germany has a culture of not allowing its citizens to forget the mistakes of a past generation. They confront it head on.

While we were brought up in the 50s-80s to see Germany as the losers, as the villains, they were busy repenting while simultaneously moving on.

Indeed, as a progressive, forward-thinking nation they've succesfully moved on in ways Britain hasn't. And football is one of those ways. Far from being the nation depicted in media in my youth, Germany has become a country we would do well to respect.

The songs you're referring to smack of desperation. We've got no banter beyond a war that happened 70 years ago and a result from 16 years ago that spurred them on to becoming one of the greatest national teams of all time. We're stuck in the past while they're dominating the present.

I'd assume they roll their eyes and content themselves with the knowledge that they are far, far better at football than us, and England fans need to grow the fuck up. Which really isn't their problem.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Germany has a culture of not allowing its citizens to forget the mistakes of a past generation. They confront it head on.

While we were brought up in the 50s-80s to see Germany as the losers, as the villains, they were busy repenting while simultaneously moving on.

Indeed, as a progressive, forward-thinking nation they've succesfully moved on in ways Britain hasn't. And football is one of those ways. Far from being the nation depicted in media in my youth, Germany has become a country we would do well to respect.

The songs you're referring to smack of desperation. We've got no banter beyond a war that happened 70 years ago and a result from 16 years ago that spurred them on to becoming one of the greatest national teams of all time. We're stuck in the past while they're dominating the present.

I'd assume they roll their eyes and content themselves with the knowledge that they are far, far better at football than us, and England fans need to grow the fuck up. Which really isn't their problem.

There was a big group of Germany fans, all male around 20-40 years old, in Lille that joined in that song, laughing and even doing plane impressions. They seemed more than fine with it.
  • Options

I think we said our last squad was the worst in years and we put in a pretty decent performance away in Germany, especially first half.

Hopefully Southgate is putting together a good young 'team' rather than 3 or 4 individually good players that we feel like we need to rely on.

True but Germany rarely make much effort and do well in friendlies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

There was a big group of Germany fans, all male around 20-40 years old, in Lille that joined in that song, laughing and even doing plane impressions. They seemed more than fine with it.
    So they've moved on to the extent that they can actively laugh at it and join in? Kinda proves my point then.
  • Options
    flower of scotland is a song that comemorates the battle of bannockburn something that happened over 700 years ago, why is it in this day and age everything done has to offend someone, the Irish and not just a couple quite openly at the euros ( mrs was there) laugh and sing along to " james mclean he hates the fucking queen " even the isis songs i dont really see an issue with as we are constantly told isis is nothing to do with islamd why would muslims be offended by it?.