Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thunder lightning & heavy rain

Comments

• It was propa scarewe. I hid underneath my Thomas the Tank Engine duvet and curled my ickle tootsies every time it went BOOM!
  • Cool map thing, no idea how that's meant to work!
  • edited July 2017
    Ave that Roland - It's coming for you and It's in CARD colours.
  • Massive storms over Belgium at the moment, Roland summoning the rain gods to strike down his enemies
  • We had a storm on the weekend - lightning strike triggered a forest fire & now its raging out of control 30km away from where we live. Advised there is no 'current' danger to our town but its a bit unnerving to have ash raining down on you!

• Oakster said:

We had a storm on the weekend - lightning strike triggered a forest fire & now its raging out of control 30km away from where we live. Advised there is no 'current' danger to our town but its a bit unnerving to have ash raining down on you!

Take care @Oakster.
    Gives a me a bit of perspective after the storm took out two of our CCTV camera's.
  • Nothing in Deeside
  • Over 2 hours now, seen about 50 flashes of lightning and the thunder has got increasingly loud. Now to the point I'm sure the house is shaking. Rain hammering down.
    Apocalyptic.
  • Same here - my Sky box went blank for around a minute & at one pint I thought my dish might have been hit !! but all ok now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just had a look on the lightning maps website. Nearest strikes to me were around 800m away about half an hour ago. Surprised how far away they were. Felt like they could have been at my front door.
  • On it's way.

Lightning flashes every two seconds down in here Maidstone. Don't think I can remember them be so frequent before.
  • Same in Bromley.
  • Lightning map showing storm moving from east to west across Kent.
  • Can hear the thunder in Bexleyheath.
  • Wow yeah Maidstone getting a bit of a light show.
  • Proper tipping it down here, the roads are like rivers.
  • Bloody hell,clap of thunder just made my house shake and I think I just shit myself
  • Bit of a light show in Plumstead.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    Pissing down in Eltham North, loads of thunder and lightning. Quite spectacular actually.
  • Can hear it in New Cross
  • It has crossed the Thames yet...
  • ...Galileo Galileo figaro is on its way up Kilburn High Road.
  • Big light show but still dry in Barnehurst
  • And the light show continues.

Bone dry here though.

• Thunder, lightning & torrential rain in Bromley for an hour now.
  • Constant lightening here in Chatham. Beautiful to watch in the distance. Getting closer and the thunder is getting louder. No rain as of yet.
  • So many flashes. Almost 1 a second.
    No rain. No Thunder.
  • Great lightning show then absolutely pissed down for 15 minutes in Sidcup.