Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Top 10 CAFC appearances

Just with my dad and wondered who are our top 10 for appearances in the shirt. Tried looking on line but struggling. Mr Bartram is number one. I know Keith Peacock has over 500. John Hewie according to my dad. Will Derek Hales be in there. Nicky Johns etc

Can any of the more knowledgable amongst you shed any light and get us the top 10

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Thanks Henry.
    Rob lee made 343? Way more than I thought
  • I think John Robinson is a bit of a surprise on that list being as high as he is...
  • I think John Robinson is a bit of a surprise on that list being as high as he is...

I thought he might be on there seeing as he joined in 92 and stayed until what, 2002?
  • With the way football is now it's hard to imagine anyone ever making it onto that list.
  • i_b_b_o_r_g could have recited that list backwards, thank goodness one of the mods knows his history.

What exactly is your role dobbles?

Henry out of interest can you tell me how many appearances Stevie Brown made for us.
  • i_b_b_o_r_g could have recited that list backwards, thank goodness one of the mods knows his history.

What exactly is your role dobbles?

Not knowing that list has cost him his clique forum access.

• 283 (55 as a sub) 11 Goals 11 seasons
  • Sponsored links:

• Felt like Jacko might have been on there by now, forget he only joined at 27/28.
  • Felt like Jacko might have been on there by now, forget he only joined at 27/28.

224 (20 as sub) at the beginning of the season.

Would have to check but would be over 250 now.

Reckon he could catch Johns over the next two seasons : - )

Solly was close behind him and more likely to make that list
  • 283 (55 as a sub) 11 Goals 11 seasons

Thanks
  • Omar Pouso.
  • Scoham said:

With the way football is now it's hard to imagine anyone ever making it onto that list.

Think someone like Chris Solly (a player who is constantly at the club) could make the list but injuries have meant that I doubt he'll be as high on there as he could be
  • Scoham said:

With the way football is now it's hard to imagine anyone ever making it onto that list.

Think someone like Chris Solly (a player who is constantly at the club) could make the list but injuries have meant that I doubt he'll be as high on there as he could be
    Think, sadly, it's his injuries that have led to him being with us so long. But having watched most of the careers of 13 of the top 20 makes me realise how bloody old I'm getting!
  • Any player good enough to warrant staying at this club will be sold long before they can threaten the museum with the cost of a new picture.

How many on the list did you see play? I'm on fairly low 6.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Any player good enough to warrant staying at this club will be sold long before they can threaten the museum with the cost of a new picture.

Bloody hell, I'm old.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Any player good enough to warrant staying at this club will be sold long before they can threaten the museum with the cost of a new picture.

Three... Robinson | Leaburn | Rufus
  • Scoham said:

It still happens, but more often at big clubs where players don't get poached.

• Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

13 of the top 20. Showing my age.

• JiMMy 85 said:

Easier to say how many I DIDN'T see which is 5
  • Watched all of them except Norman Smith, before my time
  • edited May 2017
    Saw all but two......Big Sam and Norman Smith......the latter I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of.
    I missed seeing Sam play by about 8 months, though I did meet him very briefly sometime in the late 60's.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Three... Robinson | Leaburn | Rufus
    Me too. Clearly I'm a spring chicken
  • 5 for me - Lee, Leaburn, Robinson, Gritt & Rufus
  • 14 I think for me.
  • 14 for me
  • 12 for me I think