Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours (Non-Charlton Related) - Deadline Day from page 22

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

How much have Everton spent already?!

A way of showing Lukaku they are serious about going for the Champions League qualification next season, or already spending the money they'll get from the sale of him?

I think they are spending the Barkley money. I expect him to go shortly.
  • Options
    Tom Ince to Huddersfield is a decent signing.

Easily too good to be in the second division and he will have something to prove playing back in the top-flight.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

A way of showing Lukaku they are serious about going for the Champions League qualification next season, or already spending the money they'll get from the sale of him?

They wont get more than £25m for Barkley, he has had a poor few seasons and only has a year left on his contract.
  • Options
    George Boyd joined Wednesday from Burnley.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

They wont get more than £25m for Barkley, he has had a poor few seasons and only has a year left on his contract.
    Didn't see him last season then?
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Tom Ince to Huddersfield is a decent signing.

Easily too good to be in the second division and he will have something to prove playing back in the top-flight.

Not sure about easily too good, has failed in the prem (see his time at hull and palace)
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Didn't see him last season then?
    Can't get in the England squad ahead of shithouses like Livermore and Lingard...
  • Options
    Noticed that Northampton have signed Yassir Kasim from Swindon.

Not a bad move for a pretty decent Midfielder at this level
  • Options
    Huddersfield spend £10m+ on striker Steve Mounie from Montpellier.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's strange how quiet the Barkley situation has gone, when you think back to the ultimatum Koeman issued before the season even finished
  • Options

Huddersfield spend £10m+ on striker Steve Mounie from Montpellier.

Just goes to show the amount of money in the premier league when Huddersfield are spending 11m on a player!
  • Options

It's strange how quiet the Barkley situation has gone, when you think back to the ultimatum Koeman issued before the season even finished

I think this is one which will really drag on. Ultimately, Everton would prefer to keep him, but will sell if he won't sign a new deal. They have a price they want for him, but Spurs for example aren't willing to pay that much. So it's a matter of whether Everton drop the price near the end of the window to get a fee for him before he leaves, or if a team meet their valuation, which Everton are fully entitled to do.

Also, interesting the amount of players Huddersfield are signing too, many whom are unproven in the Premier League. I believe they also signed another left back which would sadly push THD down the pecking order. But will be nice to see how well Kasey Palmer does in the Premier League.
  • Options
    Sage said:

I think this is one which will really drag on. Ultimately, Everton would prefer to keep him, but will sell if he won't sign a new deal. They have a price they want for him, but Spurs for example aren't willing to pay that much. So it's a matter of whether Everton drop the price near the end of the window to get a fee for him before he leaves, or if a team meet their valuation, which Everton are fully entitled to do.

Also, interesting the amount of players Huddersfield are signing too, many whom are unproven in the Premier League. I believe they also signed another left back which would sadly push THD down the pecking order. But will be nice to see how well Kasey Palmer does in the Premier League.
    He was playing Left-Midfield at times during the Play-Offs though... i.e. he came on against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough and played a very attacking role - He really could be Paul Konchesky Mk.2
  • Options
    Sage said:

2 months ago though they were playing hardball with Barkley - "sign this contract THIS WEEK or else we'll sell you" type of comments. And that was before the season had even finished

Neither seem to have happened since, and they've no really commented about him either
  • Options

Sage said:

2 months ago though they were playing hardball with Barkley - "sign this contract THIS WEEK or else we'll sell you" type of comments. And that was before the season had even finished

Neither seem to have happened since, and they've no really commented about him either
    Well they've already bought a replacement for him
  • Options
    Barkley is rubbish.
  • Options
    If Wolves don't go up this year they need to question their recruitment policy...
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Barkley is rubbish.

Do you like English players? By the way i do think Barkley is over rated, he's not rubbish though.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Barkley is rubbish.

Do you like English players? By the way i do think Barkley is over rated, he's not rubbish though.
    It's not that I don't like our players.. It's that I hate the hype around them.

Kane is the only player who really deserves the hype at the moment as he is the only real class player.

I'm just a realist who hates BS.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Holmes-Dennis season long loan to Portsmouth
  • Options

Absolutely gutted, wish we got him back. But Dasilva is coming so it softens the blow a little. THD would've been perfect for us this season with how Robinson wants to play, expect him to do well for Portsmouth this season.
  • Options

Him leaving us hurts almost as much as Yann going
  • Options
    Lacazette signed for Arsenal.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

They always do this, get a player in that's a decent signing, then fail to strengthen anywhere else in the side
    Sounds familiar. Although we tend to weaken other areas too
  • Options
    Sage said:

Absolutely gutted, wish we got him back. But Dasilva is coming so it softens the blow a little. THD would've been perfect for us this season with how Robinson wants to play, expect him to do well for Portsmouth this season.
    Absolutely gutted is a weird call, bloke played maybe a dozen games for us in total, at a push.

There's a reason he didn't play much at Huddersfield and is now on loan in League 1. He may grow into a decent player in time, but he's not a cut above anything in our league
  • Options

Another great sell by Lyon. They are amazing that way. Almost every sale they make is right when the player peaks and they get top dollar. I bet Lacazette starts a mild decline beginning this year.
  • Options
    Cambridge United have signed Ade Azeez