Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours (Non-Charlton Related) - Deadline Day from page 22

Comments

• Moot is the modern day Ray Wilkins

In style of play or because he's prematurely balding and baby faced?
  • $100k a week for a championship defender would be utterly ludicrous, but not surprised its Redknapp touting it as realistic.

Reckon Terry is a complete;y busted flush and will look just as much of a carthorse in the Championship as he did last season for Chelsea.

He's made for Birmingham though. Scummy player, scummy club.

Typical Harry. Buy experienced (and usually expensive) players on their way out but have a year and a bit left at the top. Instant success but at a huge cost and no future.
  • Jakupovic looks set to join Leicester for £2m. A bargain after how he performed for Hull That must make Ben Hamer 4th choice now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40300302

• Taken from Sky Sports Transfer Centre makes you wonder how they've bid for Lindsay

FOXES’ APPLETON OFFER

Leicester have offered Oxford manager Michael Appleton £500,000-a-year to become assistant to Craig Shakespeare at the King Power.

According to the Daily Mirror, Appleton is unsettled at the Kassam Stadium due to budget cuts but Oxford want him to stay.
  • Again from Sky Sports

GOMEZ TO STAY

Joe Gomez will remain at Liverpool next season after being given assurances about his first-team involvement, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

The 20-year-old has been linked with a loan move away from Anfield ahead of next season, with newly-promoted Brighton among the clubs mentioned as a potential suitor.

Sky Sports News HQ understands Gomez did consider the possibility of a loan switch but has opted to stay at Liverpool having been told he will feature under manager Jurgen Klopp.
  • edited June 2017

Again from Sky Sports

GOMEZ TO STAY

Joe Gomez will remain at Liverpool next season after being given assurances about his first-team involvement, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

The 20-year-old has been linked with a loan move away from Anfield ahead of next season, with newly-promoted Brighton among the clubs mentioned as a potential suitor.

Sky Sports News HQ understands Gomez did consider the possibility of a loan switch but has opted to stay at Liverpool having been told he will feature under manager Jurgen Klopp.

I'm telling you it's all part of a plan up at Liverpool, it is this season where we will see Gomez push on, and if he hasn't featured enough by January, be sure to see him go on loan for 6 months.

If he doesn't make the 2018 England World Cup squad, which unfortunately I don't think he will unless he plays regularly and has a blinding season. I am sure we will have him in the 2020 European Championships. Want someone good on the ball, can play, fast, strong etc, he is that player, I rate him better than Stones in my honest opinion.
  • Sage said:

Again from Sky Sports

GOMEZ TO STAY

I'm telling you it's all part of a plan up at Liverpool, it is this season where we will see Gomez push on, and if he hasn't featured enough by January, be sure to see him go on loan for 6 months.

If he doesn't make the 2018 England World Cup squad, which unfortunately I don't think he will unless he plays regularly and has a blinding season. I am sure we will have him in the 2020 European Championships. Want someone good on the ball, can play, fast, strong etc, he is that player, I rate him better than Stones in my honest opinion.
    Agreed... Its quite funny to see fans complaining about Stones not being the right ball playing Defender when they dont realise that the player they need exists in Joe Gomez

Guess the good thing is that Southgate was U21 Manager when he was called up for a few games prior to his injury.
  • edited June 2017
    A bit premature to anoint Gomez as the answer to England's CB problems, when he has hardly played in that position.

At this stage of his career what he needs is a full season playing CB at a decent level, and he's not going to get that at Liverpool.

Something similar to the loan spell Ake had at Bournemouth before being recalled in January
  • I know he had been out for virtually the whole season but I believe he was fit by the end of March but Klopp never played him & was only on the bench one or twice, even though Liverpool had injury problems at the back & were playing players out of position to play there. I
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40289316

Huddersfield sign Mooy permanently for £8m rising to £10m.

As is usually the case with such deals with "large clubs" there are also buy-back and sell-on clauses. Buy-back clauses seem quite popular now, as a means for the giants to profit even more, if their former player turns out to be really good...

Saw him playing here and was head and shoulders above the rest of the A leagues players, so not surprised he has done well for himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017
    Piotr Parzyszek has just been signed on a Free Transfer by ZEC Zwolle going from the Dutch First Division to their top flight after scoring 25-goals for De Graafschap last season (who still only finished mid-table), came second in the top scorer charts.

Although Zwolle only avoided the relegation play-offs by a single point last season.
  • Piotr Parzyszek has just been signed on a Free Transfer by ZEC Zwolle going from the Dutch First Division to their top flight after scoring 25-goals for De Graafschap last season (who still only finished mid-table), came second in the top scorer charts.

Although Zwolle only avoided the relegation play-offs by a single point last season.

Three year contract signed by Polish Pete.
  • Man City reportedly agree a 2 year deal for Dani Alves.

He proved with Juve last season he can still do it at the top level but i think longer term City would've been better getting Walker.
  • Piotr Parzyszek has just been signed on a Free Transfer by ZEC Zwolle going from the Dutch First Division to their top flight after scoring 25-goals for De Graafschap last season (who still only finished mid-table), came second in the top scorer charts.

Three year contract signed by Polish Pete.
    Always knew he would come good. If we'd kept him we'd be in the Championship by now. :smile:
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40356655

Will Hughes in talks with Watford

An interesting player in that despite being linked with the big clubs, stayed at Derby instead and it looks like his move to the PL will be to a club where he'll be a regular

He proved with Juve last season he can still do it at the top level but i think longer term City would've been better getting Walker.

Juve in for Darmian as a replacement. Good move by them.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40356655

Will Hughes in talks with Watford

An interesting player in that despite being linked with the big clubs, stayed at Derby instead and it looks like his move to the PL will be to a club where he'll be a regular

Yeah he should have moved to the Premier League a long time ago

I guess the issue was his season long injury back in 2015/16 which really hindered his progression

Really don't rate Walker. Good going forward, can't defend. Trippier is an all round better full back at Spurs.

Really don't rate Walker. Good going forward, can't defend. Trippier is an all round better full back at Spurs.

Hmmm Dani Alves and then review the situation in a couple years.

or

Kyle Walker...

I think I know which one I'd rather when trying to progress in the CL.
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

Man City reportedly agree a 2 year deal for Dani Alves.

Hmmm Dani Alves and then review the situation in a couple years.

or

Kyle Walker...

I think I know which one I'd rather when trying to progress in the CL.
    A strange one really. Release 2 RBs in their 30s and sign one aged 34! A better player, but still a short term signing

Then you've got Walker, someone who lost his place in the Spurs team
  • Mbappe should sign for one more year with Monaco and then move on. Get a little more experience under less pressure and have fun at the World Cup. Life is too short to be this serious at his age.
  • Mbappe should sign for one more year with Monaco and then move on. Get a little more experience under less pressure and have fun at the World Cup. Life is too short to be this serious at his age.

He's already playing with pressure at the French Champions and the European Cup semi finals.
  • Dack set to join Blackburn, not good news for us.
  • Why is that?
  • Dack set to join Blackburn, not good news for us.

I expect Blackburn to do a Bolton and get one of the two automatic spots.

Rotherham and Wigan will be the Charlton / MK Dons of League One this season earning mediocre mid-table spots, its the three up automatically from League One that worry me... Reckon Portsmouth | Plymouth | Doncaster will all be around the Play-Offs
  • Am I right in thinking Juventus paid a combined £5m for Pogba, Sandro and Dybala. They will receive roughly a combined £250m when are sold. Unbelievable business by them really.
  • dizzee said:

Am I right in thinking Juventus paid a combined £5m for Pogba, Sandro and Dybala. They will receive roughly a combined £250m when are sold. Unbelievable business by them really.

No think they paid around £12m for Sandro and something around that Dybala too, still outstanding returns though