Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Semedo - remember him?

2»

Comments

• There is a rumour he is friends with Cristiano Ronaldo.

Perhaps we'll sign them both
  • He was a part of one of the Charlton low points ( not as low as now) did nothing so having him back a very negative sign.
  • similar to Jake Forster Caskey - not very good

Completely different type of midfielder...
  • Would take him back as reserve to Solly if he wanted low wages and his legs have not gone. As a CM he was never really up to scratch for reasons already stated above.
  • He was a part of one of the Charlton low points ( not as low as now) did nothing so having him back a very negative sign.

I doubt worse than Jacko and Crofts but arguably no better; I haven't seen him play for 6 years
  • He was decent, but limited

That season we nearly went up, Bailey was far more important to the team though

Bailey and Semedo ware our central midfield pairing and Jon Jo couldn't get a game. Not Parkinson's finest decison.
    I remember that being more about asset protection rather than a tactical choice.
  • wmcf123 said:

I liked Semedo. He passed it simply but quickly, covered ground and worked hard

A black Ray Wilkins.
    That's harsh . Have you heard Wilkins'
    Punditry or commentary ? Jose is far superior
  • wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

I liked Semedo. He passed it simply but quickly, covered ground and worked hard

A black Ray Wilkins.
    That's harsh . Have you heard Wilkins'
    Punditry or commentary ? Jose is far superior
    On the other hand Wilkins did do all those Tango adverts!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXZFgGjBcSw
  • he looks like very good freinds with cristiano ronaldo;

• Looks a bit too close :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• God if only our players used their connections properly. Kelly Youga and Karim Benzema then you've got Semedo and Ronaldo.

We'd be shite over the rest of the pitch but we'd have two excellent attacking players!!
  • They were together as youngsters at Sporting Lisbon.
  • Not sure he was a good a player for us but that was ages ago, shouldn't really go back imo. i didn't really like his style either as he preferred to pass backwards, he did ok but i wouldn't want him back.
  • edited July 2017

They were together as youngsters at Sporting Lisbon.

And then their careers took different paths.
  • edited July 2017

Some of you have shit tinted glasses on. Semedo might not be the player he was (in fact, I'm pretty certain he isn't - and I would never have him back in a month of Sundays) but he was one of our best players for two years.

That wasn't exactly a difficult achievement Leroy!

One went on to play for a MASSIVE club, the other for Real Madrid. @MASSIVEOWLS

Yeah one went straight as an arrow... the other took a sharp curve and then nose dived off a cliff
  • edited July 2017
    Semedo was there in Cardiff too for the CL final. I must have missed the late substitution in which he came on for Modric

• Sponsored links:

• Semedo has had a solid career playing possibly slightly above his actual ability because of his great work ethic. Don't get all the piss taking as he gave 100% while he was here, who gives a shit his best mate is one of the best players in the world and possibly one of the best few who ever lived?

Good luck to him whatever he wants to do, hollands was a much better player than him anyway and had a better season without him.
  • Far too old, never go back
  • Semedo has had a solid career playing possibly slightly above his actual ability because of his great work ethic. Don't get all the piss taking as he gave 100% while he was here, who gives a shit his best mate is one of the best players in the world and possibly one of the best few who ever lived?

Good luck to him whatever he wants to do, hollands was a much better player than him anyway and had a better season without him.

He played out his contract making all the right noises then f***** off!

Had a good song though.......
  • Semedo worked hard and did his best in every game. Fans appreciated his work ethic but the love affairs ended when he couldn't resist telling us how much Charlton and the fans were to him and how he wanted to remain a Charlton player until his career was over. Shortly after he was off to Sheffield Wedneday kissing their badge and saying the same things.

He played out his contract making all the right noises then f***** off!

Had a good song though.......
    Iirc we never offered him a new contract
  • Pardew stitched us up by signing him and Racon to 4 year contracts allegedly worth £6K a week!

No wonder he claimed to want to stay at Charlton for life!