Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strange things that happen to you

I was driving from Chislehurst to Bromley this afternoon, along the main road, Bickley Park Road. I was near the traffic lights close to Bickley station.

There was a loud crash really close by, but I had no idea what it was. I'd not crashed, I couldn't see anyone else had and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

I glanced over my right shoulder and the rear side window, was smashed, with a large hole in the middle.

I had no idea what happened and just carried on home, as you can't easily stop there.

When I got home there was nothing unusual in the car, apart from broken glass.

My best guess, is it was a direct hit from a cricket ball, as there is a cricket ground on the other side of the road to where it happened.

To be honest, on a day like today, I'm just glad it didn't hit the driver's side window, because the glass could have easily gone in my eye.

A close shave.

Comments

• Options
    If it was 3o'clock 'ish it was probably school kids throwing things at cars.
  • Options
    Nearest thing to that for me was on the M6 many years ago. I was driving on an icy M6 in snow. Suddenly, in front I saw around 12 cars in a not too serious crash. Then, in my rear view mirror I saw a car out of control sliding towards me. I braced myself for the impact but he had slewed off by one lane and taken out about 8-12 other cars. Somehow, I was the only untouched car. Fortunately no one was injured but a lot of cars were involved. The police arrived in seconds and told me to go.
  • Options

If it was 3o'clock 'ish it was probably school kids throwing things at cars.

It was about 2.30. Kids throwing stones was my only other thought.
  • Options
    Were you singing at the time @Covered End :neutral: ?
  • Options
    Being surrounded by starlings in savacentre car park lower Sydenham. Really strange. They had no fear. Hundreds of them in trees, on the car roof and around the car on the floor while I wanted to get back in the car. Then they flew off but a few stragglers stayed close by at my feet. Felt like Dr Doolittle.
  • Options
    Did you report this to the police @Covered End ? If it's kids throwing things they could cause an accident or hit a car with an old person driving. May be worth a call to 101.
  • Options

Did you report this to the police @Covered End ? If it's kids throwing things they could cause an accident or hit a car with an old person driving. May be worth a call to 101.

No I didn't, because I don't know what happened. I'm not even sure if there were any kids there.
  • Options

Cabes Grass
  • Options
    I once breathed a fart out of a teapot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

I once breathed a fart out of a teapot.

I'm not even going to ask.
  • Options

I was driving from Chislehurst to Bromley this afternoon, along the main road, Bickley Park Road. I was near the traffic lights close to Bickley station.

There was a loud crash really close by, but I had no idea what it was. I'd not crashed, I couldn't see anyone else had and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

I glanced over my right shoulder and the rear side window, was smashed, with a large hole in the middle.

I had no idea what happened and just carried on home, as you can't easily stop there.

When I got home there was nothing unusual in the car, apart from broken glass.

My best guess, is it was a direct hit from a cricket ball, as there is a cricket ground on the other side of the road to where it happened.

To be honest, on a day like today, I'm just glad it didn't hit the driver's side window, because the glass could have easily gone in my eye.

A close shave.

2nd gunman. It takes a long time for a bullet to reach Bickley from Dallas.
  • Options

Being surrounded by starlings in savacentre car park lower Sydenham. Really strange. They had no fear. Hundreds of them in trees, on the car roof and around the car on the floor while I wanted to get back in the car. Then they flew off but a few stragglers stayed close by at my feet. Felt like Dr Doolittle.

Alfred Hitchcock "The Birds"