Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oh no !!

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
can Liverpool recall Carson ?? Thought I read that they can but would they consider it just for a few games ?

'LIVERPOOL face a short-term goalkeeping crisis as a result of Jerzy Dudek’s dismissal in last night’s mini derby in Widnes.

The Polish international will be suspended for three matches after he was shown a straight red card following an altercation with Blues striker Victor Anichebe, who was booked.

With Scott Carson and Chris Kirkland both on long-term loans at Charlton and Wigan respectively, the only back-up for first choice keeper Pepe Reina is 20-year-old David Martin.

The youngster, son of former England defender Alvin, was signed last season from MK Dons where he made 25 appearances, but he has yet to figure in a first team squad at Anfield.'

Comments

• Options
    I believe they can - that was the whole sticking point over Andersen's loan ie. we wanted the same type of recall clause in case Carson got pulled-back oop north.
  • Options
    Doubt they'll recall either unless Reina or Dudek get a serious long term injury
  • Options
    i have a horrible feeling we have no holding option.

As an aside, why would a promising 20yr old sign for Liverpool having already tasted first team football, knowing he will be fifth choice ? Surely the old man should of told him to look elsewhere ?
  • Options
    [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]i have a horrible feeling we have no holding option.

As an aside, why would a promising 20yr old sign for Liverpool having already tasted first team football, knowing he will be fifth choice ? Surely the old man should of told him to look elsewhere ?

Cash mate, it can only be cash. Its another parker type thing, knowing full well he will hardly play, but get shite loads of folding for doing nowt. Spose in the hope they get a loan to a prem team to rake it in whilst playing more. Who knows what these players think these days.
  • Options
    It would be unfair if Liverpool could recall Carson because we can't recall Walton! But whatever the Big Boys want, the Big Boys Get!!!!
  • Options
    Different rules for keepers
  • Options
    Ah I See, That would make sense.