Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton v Blackpool

13»

Comments

• Options
    Exeter's current away terrace is a bit of a dump

They're planning to rebuilt it with a new terraced stand (bought from Barnet) which might impact capacity next season
  • Options

So how many Blackpool fans will actually go to the final? Wembley could be VERY empty, I can't imagine Exeter taking many...

I reckon Blackpool will take quite a few .. be the same as for us, a lot of boycotters will boycott the boycott temporarily because it is pretty much a one off, special occasion
  • Options

So how many Blackpool fans will actually go to the final? Wembley could be VERY empty, I can't imagine Exeter taking many...

I reckon Blackpool will take quite a few .. be the same as for us, a lot of boycotters will boycott the boycott temporarily because it is pretty much a one off, special occasion
    Highly doubt that
  • Options
    With all due respect to ex-Charlton Nathan Jones,who would want to go to Luton next season when the exotica of Exeter or Blackpool beckon?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    exeter current capacity is around the 8000 mark what is the minimum they have to give away clubs, i'm surprised that Bournemouth haven't increased there ground as surely a lot of away fans would attend.

i think its 10% for league and league cup matches as governed by the efl and fa cup is 15% because governed by the fa, dont know how accurate that is though.
  • Options

A bit different though, the first leg of the playoffs had a crowd of only 3882 so clearly many fans are prepared to boycott even a massive match like that
  • Options

A bit different though, the first leg of the playoffs had a crowd of only 3882 so clearly many fans are prepared to boycott even a massive match like that
    We will see .. a 1st play off leg is nowhere near so attractive as a day out in London & your team's game at Wembley .. Blackpool, irrespective of owners etc. might never get there again, although admittedly they were there winning the P/O final a few years ago .. perhaps the fans are getting blasé with success
  • Options
    I can't imagine your club going to Wembley and not going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The ultimate show of unity.
  • Options

Impressive that you're boycotting a playoff final!

I couldn't do it
  • Options

Impressive that you're boycotting a playoff final!

I couldn't do it
    I could as i enter another close season with no season ticket being bought but that is me. I couldn't see a mass boycott if we were to get to wemberleee but many would see it as an opportunity to protest.
  • Options

The ultimate show of unity.
    It is, I couldn't do it and It certainly hasn't got them anywhere but if they feel staying away is the best way forward fair play.

Hertsseasider DO you wish you had lost last night or been relegated again this season to hurt the Oystons pocket more?
  • Options
    surely the best protest would be to fill the allocation with a visual show of protest to a national/worldwide audience
  • Options
    do the owners get money from wembley ticket sales? would the actual tv money of the wembley game not be more than any revenue they would get from if any tickets.

as others said i couldnt do it, i plan to go to even less home games next year the exception being millwall if we play them, or a cup draw such as palace at home
  • Options

Good afternoon. As an update Blackpool appear to have sold 5,300 tickets for Sunday. Last time we were trying to get out of this league, we took 31,000. NAPM (Not A Penny More) is working.

fair play to those staying away. did anyone consider a mass demo outside of Wembley, would have got media attention.
  • Options

do the owners get money from wembley ticket sales? would the actual tv money of the wembley game not be more than any revenue they would get from if any tickets.

as others said i couldnt do it, i plan to go to even less home games next year the exception being millwall if we play them, or a cup draw such as palace at home

Stand to be corrected, but I'm sure that clubs appearing in the play-off final had an informal agreement whereby the losing finalist kept the gate receipts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good afternoon. As an update Blackpool appear to have sold 5,300 tickets for Sunday. Last time we were trying to get out of this league, we took 31,000. NAPM (Not A Penny More) is working.

fair play to those staying away. did anyone consider a mass demo outside of Wembley, would have got media attention.
    Hi LA, yes it was suggested but in all honesty, coming down from Blackpool and standing around outside did not have a great appeal. In addition, the securities will have enough on their plate without a load of Pool fans kicking off about the Oystons.
  • Options

Hi LA, yes it was suggested but in all honesty, coming down from Blackpool and standing around outside did not have a great appeal. In addition, the securities will have enough on their plate without a load of Pool fans kicking off about the Oystons.
    Agreed, and it's a long way down to not see a match
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Respect to the Blackpool fans , the ultimate sacrifice and to those who say well it's making no difference, well it is, that prick who owns them is getting less money due to the NAPM fans .
  • Options

That is a sacrifice beyond the call of duty. Respect.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Stand to be corrected, but I'm sure that clubs appearing in the play-off final had an informal agreement whereby the losing finalist kept the gate receipts.
    that is the Championship final due to the riches the winning clubs will get the next season.
  • Options
    I fell torn, do I want Blackpool to go up or stay down?

I'd hate for Oyston to get anything out of the game.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

That is a sacrifice beyond the call of duty. Respect.
    Not really, thats a fan base commited to getting the oystons out & do what ever they can to make it happen. There's still too many at Charlton who talk the talk & then walk their walk straight into crossbars etc before & after the game.