Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Youth Tournaments (U20 World Cup and Toulon Tournament 2017)

Comments

• Skybet price boost was Lookman to score anytime and England win was 7/1.

Brilliant start to my holiday
  • Laddick01 said:

Lookman one of the few who has already experienced regular first team football, and it shows.

Hopefully Solanke can get some game time with Liverpool next season...
    He's obviously a real talent, at one time he was tipped as the biggest star in Chelsea's academy but as we all know you have to pretty much be the next Pele to get a regular chance there.
  • Laddick01 said:

Lookman one of the few who has already experienced regular first team football, and it shows.

He's obviously a real talent, at one time he was tipped as the biggest star in Chelsea's academy but as we all know you have to pretty much be the next Pele to get a regular chance there.
    He really has made the right decision...

Especially as I love it when a big club loses a talented kid because their fans start moaning about loyalty etc.
  • Laddick01 said:

Especially as I love it when a big club loses a talented kid because their fans start moaning about loyalty etc.
    Well he hasn't exactly joined a small club has he? I can't see Solanke getting that much more game time at Liverpool than at Chelsea tbh,
  • Laddick01 said:

Well he hasn't exactly joined a small club has he? I can't see Solanke getting that much more game time at Liverpool than at Chelsea tbh,
    Klopp gives players more of a chance though and Liverpool arent awash with Strikers at the moment are they?

i.e. Ben Woodburn was on the bench a good few times for the last season...
  • dickplumb said:

I think i can take all the credit for bringing Lookman's name to this Forum. I knew he was going to be special when i first saw him play for the U18s. Charlton sign me up, i am better than Driesen and May.

Any Charlton fan that attends matches is better than Driesen because they actually see the player and dont rely on FIFA or Football Manager!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017
    well taken goal - he has a habit of being the "Jonny on the spot" and he hardly misses either.

Also, looking at the squad list Konsa is the only non Premiership player apart from 1 Reading player (and they v nearly got there) and a couple from 'Boro & Newcastle who are or were Premiership teams
  • The goal Lookman scored is the sort of goal he should score more of, especially playing from a wide position. I noticed it a lot when he played for Charlton and also in the game today, he should, I find it with a lot of wide players. You don't have to be the biggest or strongest in the air if you time your runs right or are in the mix to pick up scraps.
  • Laddick01 said:

Klopp gives players more of a chance though and Liverpool arent awash with Strikers at the moment are they?

i.e. Ben Woodburn was on the bench a good few times for the last season...
    They only play one up top though (they are awash with talented attacking players to fill the 3 positions in the 4-2-3-1 formation) and sometimes Firmino played there. Then there's Sturridge (if fit), Origi plus Ings (if he ever gets fit again)
  • edited June 2017

well taken goal - he has a habit of being the "Jonny on the spot" and he hardly misses either.

Also, looking at the squad list Konsa is the only non Premiership player apart from 1 Reading player (and they v nearly got there) and a couple from 'Boro & Newcastle who are or were Premiership teams

There was also a Brentford player Rico Henry, whose injury got Konsa the call up
  • Just gone 1-0 up against Scotland in the Semi-Finals of the Toulon Tournament
  • Someone is doing something right at youth level regardless of whatever criticism the FA come under after every senior major tournament. The transition period spoiled by big clubs is the problem.

spot on
  • Someone is doing something right at youth level regardless of whatever criticism the FA come under after every senior major tournament. The transition period spoiled by big clubs is the problem.

Yet still there are ex-pros who claim they dont see where the next crop of English talent are coming from, thats what bugs me!!

Being resolved by b teams playing in the JPT though init.
  • Sponsored links:

• anyone got a stream for the final please?
  • Come on Ade
  • It's on BBC 2
  • edited June 2017
    The game is on BBC2 & Eurosport 2,kick-off at 11.00 am.
  • Venezuela have only conceded 1 goal during normal time in the entire competition and that was a penalty
  • Venezuela have only conceded 1 goal during normal time in the entire competition and that was a penalty

Ooo thought that was about to change from Lookman.

Solanke really should have passed as we'd have had a tap in earlier though!!
  • Blimey what an effort!!
  • Great Venezuela FK
  • edited June 2017
    Yeaaaa... We deserve that!!

Even though i still felt their GK would save that second effort... Credit to the fact its the first goal they've conceded in open play
  • Good work for the goal.
    Header, then right foot then left foot. A full house.