Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players let go list confirmed (Bye Bye Roger)

13»

Comments

• he's not a great player but it's a shame that we have to give back Ulvested because I thought as a CB he did pretty well if you want someone to cover that position in case of injury.
  • That's weird on djicksteel given sone of the other names in there.
  • SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

Surprised Thomas released. If Tex or Bauer go, we are down to 4 CHs, no FB tall enough to cover and none of the U23s robust enough ro step in. This year we had 6, few suspensions and still came up short.

Four should be enough, it's not normal to pick up the number of injuries we have in the last few years. Should be doing a better job preventing and dealing with injuries.

In 11/12 we had four CBs, with Doherty the 4th choice barely playing.
    Doherty was awful.

Agreed, four is pretty much the standard. We had six this season but Lennon and Johnson played in what, five or six league games between them? If we keep Bauer (I'm pretty much assuming Tex is gone) we should be alright for numbers. This is League One after all, we certainly need better squad depth and balance than we've had in recent years, but a 25+ man squad of senior pros is not realistic.
    I'd be pretty happy with 7 defenders:
    Solly at RB
    New LB backed up by Page
    Bauer and Pearce at CB, with Lennon covering Pearce, and then a new defender who can play RB/CB covering Bauer and Solly. This could be Konsa dependant on where KR see's his best position.
    You may be happy now, but let's see who is still here come August before putting ink on paper!

were there not rumours linking him to Everton?

were there not rumours linking him to Everton?

Before he signed his contract.
  • Cant wait for Jan when we'll offer RJ a new 18 month deal
  • Ah good thanks olly. Has lapslie played 1st team?
  • Pedro45 said:

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

Surprised Thomas released. If Tex or Bauer go, we are down to 4 CHs, no FB tall enough to cover and none of the U23s robust enough ro step in. This year we had 6, few suspensions and still came up short.

Four should be enough, it's not normal to pick up the number of injuries we have in the last few years. Should be doing a better job preventing and dealing with injuries.

In 11/12 we had four CBs, with Doherty the 4th choice barely playing.
    Doherty was awful.

Agreed, four is pretty much the standard. We had six this season but Lennon and Johnson played in what, five or six league games between them? If we keep Bauer (I'm pretty much assuming Tex is gone) we should be alright for numbers. This is League One after all, we certainly need better squad depth and balance than we've had in recent years, but a 25+ man squad of senior pros is not realistic.
    I'd be pretty happy with 7 defenders:
    Solly at RB
    New LB backed up by Page
    Bauer and Pearce at CB, with Lennon covering Pearce, and then a new defender who can play RB/CB covering Bauer and Solly. This could be Konsa dependant on where KR see's his best position.
    You may be happy now, but let's see who is still here come August before putting ink on paper!
    of course that is going on what we currently have, just saying realistically that would be adequate enough squad depth for a League 1 side

All the first-team players in the list are those who have played for the first-team, which is why it includes the likes of Kennedy, Charles-Cook and Barnes and not Dijksteel.
    Lapslie hasn't played for the first team?
  • Sponsored links:

• Not surprised about Johnson. Not sure what he was at the club for last season. Bit surprised about Chicksen. Thought he was no worse than many we have had, and looked quite lively.

Good that Jackson and Crofts will still be around.
  • Dimi Mitov on joining United - Full story at https://t.co/wtcfrpoTmJ #CamUTD pic.twitter.com/2hUUHg1V3x

— Cambridge United FC (@CambridgeUtdFC) June 5, 2017
  • Dimi Mitov on joining United - Full story at https://t.co/wtcfrpoTmJ #CamUTD pic.twitter.com/2hUUHg1V3x

— Cambridge United FC (@CambridgeUtdFC) June 5, 2017

Good luck Dimitar, glad you found a league club so quickly
  • I think it was a big mistake letting Mitov go.