Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What sporting event would you love to see?

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Sri Lanka v England at Galle... I remember Aggers being refused permission to broadcast from the press box and commentating on the match from the old fort overlooking the ground (see pic), but it seems like an iconic place to watch cricket.

Otherwise, the play-off final against Sunderland I guess... I watched it live in a pub, but I'm not sure I, or my heart, could have coped with the up and down emotions at the game - surely the best play-off final ever - never mind the never-ending penalty shoot-out at the end.

In my experience, some of the 'big events' always fail to live up to expectations - I'll spare a thought for Carlisle & Luton fans last night - those two play-off semis that went down to the wire... A special thought too for those hardcore Carlisle & Exeter fans, probably the furthest it gets when it comes to away matches, but two great matches and, in the end, that's what football's all about (something which douchebg & KM will never understand and will never want to understand when there's bean counting to be done and a portion of chips is more profitable if you serve up 14)
  • Options
    I would like to watch the whole of the Tour de France, or Giro d'Italia. Both last three weeks.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Milan v Inter Milan in the 90s.

Whole different question that - which past sporting event do you wish you could have seen live?

I'd maybe go for the Rumble in the Jungle.

Or Headingly 81.
    '47 FA Cup Final
    '66 World Cup Final
    Glory hunter. I'd much prefer one of our 3-0 losses from last season....
    If your taking that approach I'm more sadistic so I'll go for the 6-0 defeat @ Hull
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I would like to watch the whole of the Tour de France, or Giro d'Italia. Both last three weeks.

Not forgetting la vuelta espana, also 3 weeks in sunny Spain.