Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Whitstable car park

2»

Comments

• edited May 2017
    clb74 said:

Thanks for the replies

clb74 said:

Popped down to whitstable yesterday.
    Could someone please help with my maths,
    £1.40 an hour put £7 in how many hours should I get.
    Thanks

Price went up to £1.50 an hour on April 1st.
    Hi airman stated out of season £1.20
    And £1.40 in season.
    Addickted said:

Surely it doesn't really matter unless you got a ticket between 15.18 and 15.38,

I did think about going back to the car at 15.34 and then if I had a ticket contest the ticket.
    Problem there would of been the wife telling me I'm already moaning and we've not got out the car park
    I suspect the signage hasn't been updated, which I am not defending, but May is in season and the new prices are on the Canterbury Council website if you know where to look!

http://democracy.canterbury.gov.uk/moderngov/documents/s85756/OSPPO%202017%20-%20Report.pdf
  • Two ton of topsoil has been found dumped in Whitstable car park.
    Police looking for a man wearing dodgy shorts.
  • I parked in Eltham a couple of weeks ago. The meter said £1 an hour and the first 20 mins were free.
    I put in £2 expecting 2 hrs 20m & it gave me something like 1hr 20m.
    Theft !
  • Has anyone thought why sea side resorts/towns have a particular problem with parking......forgetting the visitors to the town for a moment.

Could it be that about 50% of the radius of the town is unavailable?

Correct!
  • Two ton of topsoil has been found dumped in Whitstable car park.
    Police looking for a man wearing dodgy shorts.

A man?
  • Has anyone thought why sea side resorts/towns have a particular problem with parking......forgetting the visitors to the town for a moment.

Could it be that about 50% of the radius of the town is unavailable?

Correct!
    I lolled the original comment as was gonna post similar, but isn't the radius of the town from the edge to the centre. Therefore the sea would not come into play.