Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Dr Who, favourite companion, scariest adversary.

2»

Comments

• Matt smith never watched the old shows but my vote now goes to ace and scariest baddie. The master John Simms rather then Missy
  • DA9 said:

Tennant, Sarah Jane, Cybermen as a foe, weeping angels for scary

As an aside, new doctor who, Idris Elba, or Miranda Hart

Kris Marshall !
  • Peter Capaldi, Clara Oswald (Jenna Coleman), Daleks
  • Tom or Tennant, both excellent.

Sarah Jane Smith, the way that bottom lip wobbled. I had such a crush on her.

No adversary has ever scared me but I'd say weeping angels have come closest.
  • David Tennant and Rose were brilliant, the daleks scared the shit out of me and gave me nightmares as a kid (until I watched the first nightmare on elm street and that properly shit me up) but recent ones were the weeping angels. Sinister bastards
  • Never thought anyone would supplant Tom Baker as my favourite but David Tennant and Matt Smith certainly gave him a run for his money. The 50th anniversary when all 3 appeared on screen nearly made me go for a lie down in a darkened room!

As for companions, I had a real thing for Leela back in the day but that may have something to do with her wardrobe (or lack thereof) and the fact that I was a teenager at the time. From the modern era it's definitely Clara although if Sally Sparrow was ever taken on board then I may have to switch votes.

Scariest villain for me is 100% the Weeping Angels. Blink is quite probably the best DW episode of all time!
  • Tom Baker, Jo Grant and the Sea Devils
  • Old. Pertwee, Sarah Jane and either Sea Devils or those maggots out of the Green Death
    New. Tennant, Amy, Weeping Angels
  • Tennant | Coleman | Daleks!!
  • Addickted said:

McBobbin said:

Sylvester McCoy, Ace, and the Cybermen

This. No contest.

Ace is out very own Sophie Aldred. Badge no. 19

Bet some saddo Charlton geek gave her that badge :smiley:
    I know Sophie brother both Charlton fans.

Tom Baker Ace/K9 Davros
  • Sponsored links:

• Tennant, Coleman, The Angels
  • Funny time to start such a thread, seeing that Doctor Who was actually on at the time!

Pertwee, Clara, Silence

Well observed @killerandflash . It is a very rare event for me to watch Dr Who, but I was indeed watching on Saturday. Due to the random way in which my brain works nowadays, I was immediately tardised back in time myself - some 50 years - and I landed in Olympia.

Under pain of death to behave, my parents allowed me to accompany my big brother to the Daily Mail’s Boy’s and Girl’s exhibition that was being held there. It was by today’s standards a complete washout, but there were a few examples of Dr Who monsters on show, namely the: Yeti, Ice Warriors, Group of Rills, Mire beast, Fungold and a couple of Cybermen.

I thought the exhibits were all statues and models, but to my horror one of the Cybermen suddenly walked towards the barrier and stepped over it. I left the scene pdq. I told my brother that I was anxious to see the other exhibits (he didn’t argue with that). I will never know for certain whether that Cyberman was actually going to attack us or was simply heading for the canteen for a well deserved cuppa.
  • Tom Baker, Romana (Mary Tamm), Cybermen although I do remember being particularly freaked out by the Zarbis as a very young child
  • edited May 2017
    I didn't often hide behine the sofa - but this scene definitely had me there like a shot!
  • Does anyone recall a Dr Who where he was in London China Town and there was a giant Hamster thing in the sewers ?

Or am I talking b*llocks !!!
  • edited May 2017
    I do recall a china town episode with a killer doll
  • Does anyone recall a Dr Who where he was in London China Town and there was a giant Hamster thing in the sewers ?

Or am I talking b*llocks !!!

Talons of Weng Chiang. It was a (not very convincing now) giant rat
  • Tennant, Sarah Jane Smith and The Sea Devils.

I have been a fan of the show all my life and loved it when Ace came along giving her shout outs to Charlton.

"If you are from off world, you should have a badge! Where's your badge?"

Ace: "I have a badge. This one's Charlton Athletic".
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, this is just an excuse to post a picture of Peri:

• Cor, Peri!
  • Phwoar, Peri!
  • There are better pics (from Doctor Who I might add!) but I'm at work so can't search for them at the moment.
  • hawksmoor said:

Phwoar, Peri!

There's a couple of things I'd like to have a word with her about...
  • I watched old Doctor Who a lot as a kid, even though even then it was quite a way before my time.

I had a couple of videos with Colin Baker, who I loved. And I loved his sidekick Perry even more....
  • CatAddick said:

Old. Pertwee, Sarah Jane and either Sea Devils or those maggots out of the Green Death
    New. Tennant, Amy, Weeping Angels

I had nightmares about those maggots.

For me it was always Tom Baker, but I think your favourite doctor tends to be the one you grew up with. Pertwee was the first I remember, but Baker was the one who really made it. I liked Peter Davison, and I'm told McCoy was brilliant but I'd stopped watching.it by then thanks mostly to Colin Baker and then Bonnie Langford.

In the modern era I think all the doctors have been very good and it's a good sign that you're gutted when they leave. I'd have like to have seen a few more series of Capaldi because he's been a more old school type Doctor and think he's brought an authority back. Tennant for me has probably been the best Doctor of all time.

Sarah Jane as sidekick, but thought Clara was excellent, and I like the character of Bill.

Weeping angels, the old Daleks, and all Masters - but especially John Simms.

Personally I like the idea of Kris Marshall as the Doctor. I wouldn't rush to the idea of a female Doctor but if so Olivia Coleman is the only choice for me. Paterson Joseph was mentioned at the time of Smith's departure and he'd be brilliant. "This is bollocks Davros" :wink: