Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away game most looking forward to next season

124»

Comments

• Options
    cheers @roseandcrown dont know where i got the 16th from;

other key dates aswell for those interested;

SEASON 2017/18
    June 2017
    21st EFL Fixture Release Day
    August 2017
    5th Sky Bet EFL season start
    w/c 7th Carabao Cup Round One
    w/c 21st Carabao Cup Round Two
    w/c 28th Checkatrade Trophy Group Stage
    September 2017
    w/c 18th Carabao Cup Round Three
    October 2017
    w/c 2nd
    Checkatrade Trophy Group Stage
    w/c 23rd Carabao Cup Round Four
    November 2017
    w/c 6th Checkatrade Trophy Group Stage
    December 2017
    w/c 4th Checkatrade Trophy Round Two
    w/c 18th Carabao Cup Round Five
    26th EFL Boxing Day fixtures
    30th EFL New Year fixtures
    January 2018
    1st
    EFL New Year Bank Holiday fixtures
    w/c 8th
    Carabao Cup Semi-Finals Leg One & Checkatrade Trophy Round Three
    w/c 22nd
    Carabao Cup Semi-Finals Leg Two & Checkatrade Trophy Round Four
    February 2018
    25th
    Carabao Cup Final
    w/c 26th
    Checkatrade Trophy Semi-Finals
    April 2018
    8th
    Checkatrade Trophy Final
    May 2018
    5th
    Sky Bet EFL regular season ends
    26th
    Sky Bet Championship Play-Off Final
    27th
    Sky Bet League One Play-Off Final
    28th
    Sky Bet League Two Play-Off Final
  • Options
    edited May 2017

other than Plymouth I look forward to the matches at Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Rotherham and the games in towns along the M62 corridor, Oldham, Bury, Rochdale, the old mill towns, an excuse for a few days spent in Manchester, a city I am becoming very fond of

One Lancashire mill town away day a season is enough for me :smiley:

Saw us lose at Oldham this season, maybe I'll go and watch them lose to Rochdale next season...
    Rochdale is a nice little ground in a pleasant part of town .. we got a 3-3 there last season in an entertaining game .. enjoy ((:>) .. and for a change, away fans were seated parallel to the pitch, I had a nice spot near the 1/2 way line .. the away attendance was pretty sparse though
  • Options

other than Plymouth I look forward to the matches at Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Rotherham and the games in towns along the M62 corridor, Oldham, Bury, Rochdale, the old mill towns, an excuse for a few days spent in Manchester, a city I am becoming very fond of

One Lancashire mill town away day a season is enough for me :smiley:

Saw us lose at Oldham this season, maybe I'll go and watch them lose to Rochdale next season...
    Rochdale is a nice little ground in a pleasant part of town .. we got a 3-3 there last season in an entertaining game .. enjoy ((:>) .. and for a change, away fans were seated parallel to the pitch, I had a nice spot near the 1/2 way line .. the away attendance was pretty sparse though
    Maybe I'll do that one. There's a bit of choice for games in Lancashire this season, so it'll probably boil down to the fixture dates...
  • Options
    Limerick
  • Options
    There was a young lady from Bude.
    Who went for a swim in the lake.
    A man in a punt.
    Stuck a pole in her ear.
    And said you can't swim here its private.
  • Options

Portsmouth, never been

One of Fleetwood or Blackpool (I agree, Fleetwood was a great away ground)

Maybe Plymouth, if it's a nice time of year to make a short break of it

Horrible little ground Portsmouth. In our premiership years I left a nightshift in Bromley jumped straight on a coach up there and then went straight to work when coach dropped us back.

Memorable day because I ordered a Big Mac meal and two members of staff came back and both handed me a meal. I done a runner with two meals that day ha. Also on the highlights DVD for the season my Celtic/Charlton scarf can be seen landing at Di Canios feet when he was celebrating.
  • Options
    Blackpool on the Saturday in early September followed by Fleetwood on the following Tuesday night!! (Or vice versa). :smile:
  • Options
    Plymouth Argyle. My dad was Cornish and all that side of the family live in Cornwall or Plymouth, was frequently dragged to watch Argyle as a kid, consequently, they're my 2nd team, in fact, if RD still owns the club (which is looking increasi gly likely) I will be sitting in the away section at The Valley with my cousin when we play Argyle at home.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Sint Truiden v charlton (note that I am not sure this fixture is even contemplated never mind about happening)
  • Options

Blackpool on the Saturday in early September followed by Fleetwood on the following Tuesday night!! (Or vice versa). :smile:

One will be January, the other February