Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away game most looking forward to next season

Comments

• will try and do all the ones i havent done, most looking forward to pompey;

but any of these would be nice 1st game of season in the sun

pompey/southend/bristol rovers
  • Man City away. Since boycotting The Valley I now support Palace and since beating Hull I am just so excited to play City next season.
  • Millwall -- cause it means they lost the playoff final
  • dizzee said:

Man City away. Since boycotting The Valley I now support Palace and since beating Hull I am just so excited to play City next season.

Nearly flagged you for this.
  • Sunderland and Aston Villa....

You travelling on the bandwagon like most to Wembley?
  • Sunderland and Aston Villa....

You travelling on the bandwagon like most to Wembley?
    Of course. The more the merrier.
  • Ireland pre season. If I get a pass.
  • edited May 2017
    Plymouth or Exeter. Both pretty easy journeys for me and crew - plus family who come down from Kent (assuming not Tuesday night matches :)).
  • Curb_It said:

Ireland pre season. If I get a pass.

Just tell the wife what's what mate put your foot down
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2017
    Hard to look forwards to any game in League One. I'd agree with Kap and say Millwall as it would mean they lost the play off final! Although it is no fun watching those limited dirty cheats. Hopefully they won't bribe the ref next season!

If Keith Stroud could do his job, they wouldn't even be in the play offs!
  • Plymouth for me to. Try and make it for a few days, go to, Looe in Cornwall. Done the trip many times over the years with both Charlton, and in the 80,s with my Millwall mates.

• Surprised Plymouth so popular, long old shlap and from my memories not a great town.

At least the away bid is not an open terrace any more

• Surprised Plymouth so popular, long old shlap and from my memories not a great town.

Decent night out - boring town otherwise.

Portsmouth is always a good one, proper football away day.

Union street on a Saturday night is an experience.

Not found a pub near the ground yet though. Not sure where to go now they don't let away fans into the ground bar.

Where do away fans drink at Plymouth?

Not found a pub near the ground yet though. Not sure where to go now they don't let away fans into the ground bar.

Union Street is quality. The penny come quick pub is only a couple minutes walk to the ground.
  • A popular choice is Plymouth.

Me too, I work in that city but live in Exeter so if Exeter make it as well then happy days!

Only thing is - if Exeter make it then it would be at the expense of Carlise (Exeter currently 3-3 in the first leg semi-final with home game to come) and the traditional promotion party at Carlisle would have to be held elsewhere!

In the very unlikely event we actually get promoted, we could still go to Carlisle's game and have a party - the locals would get very confused.
  • Posh Cobblers sounds ok, Fleetwood is a must this year, oh the glamour.
  • I enjoyed our trip to Fleetwood - staying in Balckpool- last season. Could do another weekend there - but no more than a weekend!

Plenty of pubs in Mutley (about 15 minutes walk through Ford/Central park to the ground). I used to live their when at Uni 3ish years ago.

Union Street is one hell of an experience :lol: I once had to do some filming outside the abandoned theatre from 3am - 6am. Saw a guy get launched out of one of the pubs into the road and numerous offers from ladies of the night - great times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Only one away game for me next season - St Truiden on protest day
  • other than Plymouth I look forward to the matches at Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Rotherham and the games in towns along the M62 corridor, Oldham, Bury, Rochdale, the old mill towns, an excuse for a few days spent in Manchester, a city I am becoming very fond of
  • other than Plymouth I look forward to the matches at Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Rotherham and the games in towns along the M62 corridor, Oldham, Bury, Rochdale, the old mill towns, an excuse for a few days spent in Manchester, a city I am becoming very fond of

One Lancashire mill town away day a season is enough for me :smiley:

Saw us lose at Oldham this season, maybe I'll go and watch them lose to Rochdale next season...
  • Blackpool - if they go up.
  • edited May 2017
    Forest Green Rovers in the Carabao Cup.
  • Gillingham/Millwall and Portsmouth.
  • I enjoyed our trip to Fleetwood - staying in Balckpool- last season. Could do another weekend there - but no more than a weekend!

same here ..Had a great weekend there last season..
  • edited May 2017
    runners and riders for next season confirmed;

Team Ground Capacity
    AFC Wimbledon London (Kingston upon Thames) Kingsmeadow 4,850
    Blackburn Rovers Ewood Park 31,367
    Blackpool Bloomfield Road 17,338
    Bradford City Valley Parade 25,136
    Bristol Rovers Memorial Stadium 12,300
    Bury Gigg Lane 11,840
    Charlton Athletic The Valley 27,111
    Doncaster Rovers Keepmoat Stadium 15,231
    Fleetwood Town Highbury Stadium 5,311
    Gillingham Priestfield Stadium 11,582
    Milton Keynes Dons Stadium:mk 30,500
    Northampton Town Sixfields Stadium 7,653
    Oldham Athletic Boundary Park 13,500
    Oxford United Kassam Stadium 12,500
    Peterborough United London Road 14,084
    Plymouth Argyle Home Park 17,441
    Portsmouth Fratton Park 21,100
    Rochdale Spotland Stadium 10,500
    Rotherham United New York Stadium 12,021
    Scunthorpe United Glanford Park 9,088
    Shrewsbury Town New Meadow 9,875
    Southend United Roots Hall 12,392
    Walsall Bescot Stadium 11,300
    Wigan Athletic DW Stadium 25,133

out of that lot can only see us taking decent crowds to pompey, gills and wimbledon.

june 16th is fixture release day.
  • For me it's Fleetwood, was superb last season - friendly welcoming fans, a nice place and just a really enjoyable day.

At the toolbox last season I vowed I'd never go back , however if we play them next year I'm sure I'll go if I can

Let's hope it's a nice a warm sunny day again. If it's in Febuary and an evening it may be less likely to happen.
  • edited May 2017
    Fixtures out 21st June