Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson, still no announcement

Is it me that finds this odd, must have been 3 weeks ago it was said by Robinson we'd get an announcement 'hopefully this week'.......

We know he's triggered another year as a player but why nothing further?

Comments

• It was in the Swindon programme but agree it's strange not to see it on the OS.

• It was in the Swindon programme but agree it's strange not to see it on the OS.

Was it? Robinson talking about his last game as 'just a player', Jacko's interview saying he'd got enough appearances to trigger a new contract (although did talk about coaching).

Call me suspicious :wink: but no official announcement I find odd. Clearly if his contract has triggered a further year he is registered I would assume as 'just a player' and his wages will reflect that and be part of the overall budget available.

He'll be one of the higher paid players i'm sure, probably something Robinson is not happy about as he'll be using up a fair percentage of the allowable budget under SMCP yet is likely to feature rarely.

Maybe I'm just to suspicious these days, but the one last connection pretty much with much of the fanbase the club would usually be issuing articles and tweeting about this on a daily basis....... why aren't they and why no official announcement?

Robinsons post match (Swindon) interview also declined to give an official answer. When asked if he has come to a conclusion about JJ he said 'yes' when asked if he could tell us he pushed it onto it was for JJ to come and speak to them as it was for him to say.............
  • Maybe Jacko is fed up with being used as a human shield by the regime and has a clause in his new contract to that affect.
  • No announcement about Crofts either
  • No announcement about anyone except Chicksen - weird
  • Maybe everyone is waiting for Roland to sell and Katrien and Tony to be sacked?

(Reaches for the pills)
  • Both Jackson and Crofts out of contract. Can't say I've kept up with the club anymore. Just see the results and will go to any game I can in the North West.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/23949/exclusive-charlton-athletic-release-defender/
    states
    "The Addicks do not have any other of their squad coming out of contract."

which would suggest both have been renewed?
  • No announcement about anyone except Chicksen - weird

O/S havent announced Chicksen either though... SLP are the only ones to have mentioned him / Crofts and Jackson so far.

Guese it'll be on just one big news story confirming who has left the club in a couple of days like what everyone else is doing.
  • Jogging round maybe, let's hope so.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have heard that Co'L hit RD's cone collecting target hence triggering a new 10 year, £12K p/w contract which means we can't afford any more coaches. JJ is off to Millwall with Solly.
  • This time next year JJ will be running round the valley with the league one title.

You must have been sleep-posting......
  • I suspect Karl is waiting to finalise his coaching staff before announcing Jacko's role. He may be looking into bringing in an experienced assistant and having Jacko and Bowyer as joint first team coach. He may be fighting to remove O'Laughable before he can do that....
  • Super.
  • charlton being late with something, what are the chances on a seperate note i now see we are turning the valley into a campin facility.

• No news?

Quelle surprise ........ there's nobody in the building.

Everyone's on holiday.

• Suspect JJ is playing hardball on how much of a pay cut he is prepared to take.
  • Oggy Red said:

No news?

Quelle surprise ........ there's nobody in the building.

Everyone's on holiday.

Was just about to post this.

It wouldn't surprise me if they want to do a feature with Jacko to coincide with him re-signing for us/taking up a coaching role. It's entirely possibly that he, the media team, or both are out of town at the moment, and we'll get an announcement nearer the end of the May. The season ended quite early this year, I feel like the announcements for contracts are usually around the end of May/beginning of June. I could fact check myself but I'm lazy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Suspect JJ is playing hardball on how much of a pay cut he is prepared to take.

Be very surprised if that Isn't contractual, given he qualified for an extra year under the terms of his existing deal. Can't see he would get more for being a coach.