Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Reeves - DONE DEAL 2 year contract page 4

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2017
    Makes a nice change for one of these will they or won't they signings to actually happen. Good as well as the central attacking midfield position is a position that has not been properly filled since the beginning of Duchatelet's reign. So good news. Another piece of the squad puzzle in place. Welcome to Ben Reeves. I hope he is successful for himself & Charlton. Looks like Charlton have the makings of a decent midfield this season.
  • Options
    From the few times that I have seen him, this is a decent addition to the squad.
    We now have the nucleus of a promotion ambitious squad which still lacks enough strength in depth. A few more of the same quality in key areas.... keeper full back and especially up front, then I think the optimism will be justified. Happy but cautious until then.
    Don't mind losing Watt but not Konsa, keeping him is key.
  • Options
    The proof of the pudding..........
  • Options
    Injury prone, be out come Christmas.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Injury prone, be out come Christmas August bank holiday

EFA

• Options
    Good signing, 2 year contract is fine by me for someone we didn't pay a fee for.

There is one negative, he's never played more than 30 league games in a season, not sure if thats injury or something else. Still a good signing though and still young/coming towards what should be his prime.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Brilliant signing............we know have all these attacking midfielders & no-one to put the ball into the fecking net - expect to see the ball going into the box & coming back out again as we will have no feckers in there - they can't all score worldies from 30 yards, sometimes a tap in from 5 yards will do the trick. I bet Killer is glad he's not 40 years younger & playing for KR - wouldn't have got a kick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ehh I'd say that was worth the wait lol
  • Options
    At last!

Reeves clearly wouldn't commit to anything longer, as he wants to see what division we're in next summer, which is probably fair enough
  • Options
    Welcome to the listing ship Valiant Ben, hopefully you can play your part in keeping us afloat whilst we repair the damage of the last 3 seasons.
  • Options
    Just had a browse at MK Dons forums and he is without doubt very injury prone as has been stated by a number of posts on CL......let's hope that trend doesn't repeat itself is all I can say.
  • Options
    How does Reeves compare to Dack in terms of quality?
  • Options

Fuck we've got some curmudgeonly oxygen thieves on here trolling our club, thinking and pretending that they're supporters. You're a fucking joke. Please carry on staying away and generally fuck off. You're boring.

The past three years may be the reason for the negativity.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited August 2017

At last!

Reeves clearly wouldn't commit to anything longer, as he wants to see what division we're in next summer, which is probably fair enough

Do you have proof we offered more than 2 years?

Perhaps, as KR knows his strengths, weaknesses, and took into consideration his injury record we only offered 2 years?
  • Options

Anyone know what Reeves is like? I've only seen MK fans slag him off today

Don't know why any of them are slagging him off. He's not a perfect player by any means, but he's definitely one of the better players in this league.

He was part of anything decent we've achieved in recent years - got 3 assists against Man Utd in the League Cup, usually gets the most assists for us each season and scores his fair shares of goals. I'd say after Dele Alli, Grigg and Afobe, Reeves was our 4th best player in our promotion season.

Last season, our best all round player, second top scorer and most assists.

Got to be up there with Holmes as one of the two best strikers of the ball from outside the box in the league.

Positives:
    - Brilliant around the edge of the box working alongside team mates
    - Excellent at shooting and getting it on target from outside the box
    - Decent eye for a pass
    - Was one of our penalty takers

Negatives:
    - Very injury prone, almost Wilshere/Sturridge levels (guaranteed to miss at least a few weeks/months out each season)
    - Small frame, can get bullied off the ball easily by defenders

Just to illustrate how injury prone he is:
    16/17: Missed 10 games
    15/16: Missed 24 games
    14/15: Missed 15 games
    13/14: Missed 9 games

I'd be particularly concerned as he hasn't had a pre-season so won't be up to speed compared to previous seasons fitness wise. Although if he stays fit, and gets a run of games, he will be one of your standout players.

Overall:
    Any MK supporter saying we won't miss him is wrong. I would have liked him to sign a new contract with us, he is one of the best #10s in the league, no doubt. On paper, you have a very decent starting 11 and I'd expect you to be in the top 6 for most of the season.

However, luckily for us we have also recruited well, plenty of quality, all but two of our first 11 have won promotion from L1 at least once in recent seasons, and the rest were playing in the Championship. Also brought in loan signings with a combined value of over £10m (Tshibola, Ariyibi, Ebanks-Landell, Seager).

Reeves will serve you well - he will score you a few screamers, pick out some ingenious passes and win you games. He's good enough for the Championship, just wrap him up in cotton wool whenever you can.
    Aside from the injury list, very Kinsella'esq description
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:

At last!

Perhaps, as KR knows his strengths, weaknesses, and took into consideration his injury record we only offered 2 years?
    At a wild guess, the contract length and salary probably reflects that Charlton are going to go all out to push for promotion this season and the contract will get revisited next season whichever division we are in with a year still to run to give both sides some breathing space for whatever course of action is appropriate.
  • Options

DA9 said:

At last!

At a wild guess, the contract length and salary probably reflects that Charlton are going to go all out to push for promotion this season and the contract will get revisited next season whichever division we are in with a year still to run to give both sides some breathing space for whatever course of action is appropriate.
    That's my take on it, but only 4-5 people will ever know the truth.
    BR, his agent, KR, KM, RD & Murray

The rest is speculation and guess work
  • Options

Fuck we've got some curmudgeonly oxygen thieves on here trolling our club, thinking and pretending that they're supporters. You're a fucking joke. Please carry on staying away and generally fuck off. You're boring.

Too right... Once we get those Belgians out of the club who pretend to support the club we can begin again!!
  • Options
    You've got to feel positive about this, not just because of @MKDinpeace's excellent analysis. Reeves had options I'm sure, but chose to follow Robinson. That kind of vote of confidence is invaluable, it gees up the dressing room overall.

I get the Kinsella comparison, but also perhaps a bit like when we signed Super Clive: a proven operator at our level chooses to join us, and buys into what we are doing.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

DA9 said:

At last!

That's my take on it, but only 4-5 people will ever know the truth.
    BR, his agent, KR, KM, RD & Murray

The rest is speculation and guess work
    that's six
  • Options

You've got to feel positive about this, not just because of @MKDinpeace's excellent analysis. Reeves had options I'm sure, but chose to follow Robinson. That kind of vote of confidence is invaluable, it gees up the dressing room overall.

I get the Kinsella comparison, but also perhaps a bit like when we signed Super Clive: a proven operator at our level chooses to join us, and buys into what we are doing.

or we offered him the most money
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Who is this guy?? Never heard of him

The Great Messiah evidently.
  • Options
    If you scroll up the page quickly the chevrons on those shirts do really weird things to your eyes; it seems as if the shirts are jumping around by themselves. (Or maybe I need a new laptop!)
  • Options
    DA9 said:

At last!

Most likely is the player wanted 3 and we only offered 2 years, maybe that's why it's taken so long. An agent would always advise a player to take a longer contract.