Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Reeves - DONE DEAL 2 year contract page 4

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017

Can't wait for the contract extension talks with him next summer. See Ricky Holmes 2017.

Can always guarantee you to find something to moan at
    It's true though, great signing but leaves us in the exact situation we've been in with Holmes this summer
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Can't wait for the contract extension talks with him next summer. See Ricky Holmes 2017.

It's true though, great signing but leaves us in the exact situation we've been in with Holmes this summer
    Yet if it was longer and he was duff, people would moan. The club have done well here and if you disagree then you're wrong
    In your opinion
  • Options

You really are a bundle of fun ;-)
  • Options

He might be pony though (I'm sure he won't be) and we can't wait to get shot of him.

To be honest, with our recent track record of managers, I don't blame him for only signing for 2 years.

• Options

J BLOCK said:

Yet if it was longer and he was duff, people would moan. The club have done well here and if you disagree then you're wrong
    In your opinion
    No, you're wrong as a matter of fact
  • Options
    Prolonged saga to sign him. All that and KRs talk of only signing players who want to be here, not chasing players etc doesn't matter now.

Here's he, he's a good league 1 player and adds much needed strength and depth to the squad.

Good luck to him and welcome.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

In your opinion
    No, you're wrong as a matter of fact
    I make you right about the contract. We have given out some ridiculous contracts over the last few years so the club almost can't win now (their own doing BTW), but I also get that 2 years seems puzzling for a player like Reeves. I also suspect he might not have wanted more as he is clearly a player who likes to weigh up his options being committing to anyone.

Having agreed with you, not everyone has to and you don't have the right to say people are wrong if they don't share the same opinion as you :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great signing
  • Options
    When we are promoted at the end of this season, he will negotiate a new contract for the Championship, simple
  • Options
    I actually punched the air at Ben Reeves signing, and said finally! Great signing welcome Ben
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Excellent signing, as posted before on a few threads Holmes, Reeves and Marshall behind Magennis has to be about as good as it gets in this league.

A few posters also said we would only have Reeves or Holmes. I never understood this myself and always believed we would have both as they play in different positions.

Not too fussed about the previous soundbites such as Clarke being our first choice number 10, only wanting players who want to be here etc. I think some of those comments have been used almost like playing a game of poker with Reeves and his agent.

Either way Reeves is here and he'll improve the team and provide more depth to the squad.
  • Options
    I think another striker has to be the priority now, and I don't want them replacing Watt. Not fussed about Martin now we have Amos, though wouldn't be a bad thing if Phillips gets a season as Number 1 in League 2.

If we can sign 2 more, I would prefer we sign FB cover, or even another winger as we are going to miss Marshall.
  • Options
    Who is this guy?? Never heard of him
  • Options
    Very good signing, we certainly have the best attacking options in the league now. My only real concern is not having a quality backup to Kashi if he gets injured again.
  • Options

Very good signing, we certainly have the best attacking options in the league now. My only real concern is not having a quality backup to Kashi if he gets injured again.

To be fair, how the Hell would we get a replacement for Kashi, at anywhere near the same quality?
  • Options

Don't worry, Crofts has it covered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aribo, surely
  • Options
    Anyone know what Reeves is like? I've only seen MK fans slag him off today
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    In the case of leaving on a free, the inverse of the slagging is how good they are, as a general rule
  • Options
    Watched Ben Reeves a few times now. All I can say is he a talented player. So calm on the ball and can pick out a pass. Absolute brilliant signing. If any doubt look at the mk fans begging him to stay over the summer on twitter, now there all bitter.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Aribo, surely

I rate Aribo highly. Definitely good enough to be back up behind Kashi and JFC at this level.

Any remaining budget we have should go on a striker (& we should loan out Novak and / or Watt) to achieve that if required.
  • Options
    “I want to thank the board. This was a deal they really wanted to do as well, and it was one that was really backed by the club.”

Can't the scouser just shut the f*** up with the above rubbish. Like Duchatelet really gives a toss.
  • Options
    Wishing Ben all the very best. Don't know much about you but what I do know is that by the time your contract expires, I'll be 60. Happy days ..
  • Options

To be fair, how the Hell would we get a replacement for Kashi, at anywhere near the same quality?
    I wouldn't expect them to be as good as Kashi but we need better than Crofts imo. If Kashi gets a bad injury Crofts will be a regular and he's not top 6 quality.