Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Reeves - DONE DEAL 2 year contract page 4

Comments

• CAFCTrev said:

Chances are we will get Reeves in, then let Holmesy go the next day.

But in reality we let Holmes go in the belief that Reeves will sign only to find another club Nick him at the last minute, well KM is in charge of transfers.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Chances are we will get Reeves in, then let Holmesy go the next day.

But in reality we let Holmes go in the belief that Reeves will sign only to find another club Nick him at the last minute, well KM is in charge of transfers.
    This all day long, you can sadly see it happening.......
  • Reeves would undoubtedly be a good signing. I'm sure there are at least twenty clubs where that could apply. Are we really at the top of any list with twenty or so clubs in it ? He knows Robinson which will I think help but at the end of the day it will come down to hard cash and ambition. I'm confident he will go elsewhere.
  • Reeves would undoubtedly be a good signing. I'm sure there are at least twenty clubs where that could apply. Are we really at the top of any list with twenty or so clubs in it ? He knows Robinson which will I think help but at the end of the day it will come down to hard cash and ambition. I'm confident he will go elsewhere.

if he witters on in training like he does in press conferences I reckon he'd have had enough of that already

It's a sad day if we can't sign or attract a player from a club that finished below us in a poor league! I'm depressed now!
  • uie2 said:

Reeves would undoubtedly be a good signing. I'm sure there are at least twenty clubs where that could apply. Are we really at the top of any list with twenty or so clubs in it ? He knows Robinson which will I think help but at the end of the day it will come down to hard cash and ambition. I'm confident he will go elsewhere.

It's a sad day if we can't sign or attract a player from a club that finished below us in a poor league! I'm depressed now!
    We don't know that to be the case. SHG's is just speculation. If we don't sign him then there could be reason for concern, although if he goes to the Championship I don't think any of us would be overly concerned.
  • MK Dons finished above us!!!!
  • It has to be remembered that MKD's final league position is misleading, as they (like us) clearly underformed, especially as their team was much the same as the one they had in the Championship, not having the mass exodus we had
  • Sponsored links:

• Not impressed that Robinson keeps being linked with MK Dons players. Is Charlton's scouting so badly broken that they can only really rely on players that Robinson already knows?
  • Missed It said:

Not impressed that Robinson keeps being linked with MK Dons players. Is Charlton's scouting so badly broken that they can only really rely on players that Robinson already knows?

Depends if it is the press linking us with MK Dons players then it is just lazy journalism or if it is linking with the best of MK Dons I'm fine with it, as long as they are better than what we have. If it is any old Don then thats just plain sad!
  • Reeves is good, and I think their full-back Baldlock is class - so fair play to Robbo if he's interested in those two. Would be concerned if his interest in his old team went much beyond those two. I haven't seen enough of Carruthers to make a call but sounds like he's decent too.

Reeves in and Holmes out would be one step forwards and two backwards in my opinion. The difference being that we know Holmes works well in our team.
  • Missed It said:

Not impressed that Robinson keeps being linked with MK Dons players. Is Charlton's scouting so badly broken that they can only really rely on players that Robinson already knows?

Don't have a problem with this if they have the qualities that he thinks is missing from our squad.

• J BLOCK said:

Missed It said:

It's press talk. We are literally linked with 2 players a day. We're a relatively big club in a shit league, most agents will use Charlton's name to bump up offers else where.
    And those running the club like it as it might sway those less cynical to purchase season tickets.
  • My thoughts on Ben Reeves after watching just one game is he's top class at this level and would be an asset in the championship.

If he does step up a league we should not feel downhearted, the choice is a no brainer. Having said that i will be pissed off after all the talk from his agent!
  • Nobody decent will sign for us unless we're the only offer or pay well over the odds
  • ChiAddick said:

MK Dons finished above us!!!!

Oh yea lol sorry
  • edited May 2017

Nobody decent will sign for us unless we're the only offer or pay well over the odds

think that is more than likely!
    Katrien will spout off about bringing in their top targets (should it happen etc) failing to mention that they've paid over the odds for said players
  • Sponsored links:

• So they
    sammy391 said:

Nobody decent will sign for us unless we're the only offer or pay well over the odds

Katrien will spout off about bringing in their top targets (should it happen etc) failing to mention that they've paid over the odds for said players
    So they can't win - You will complain if we don't sign anyone decent and if we do we would have paid over the odds!
  • edited May 2017

So they

sammy391 said:

So they can't win - You will complain if we don't sign anyone decent and if we do we would have paid over the odds!
    That's fair enough, but they should save us the BS about 'signing up to our project' & 'they subscribe to what plans we have for this amazing club' when in actual fact they've just tempted them by giving a few extra wedges of cash!
  • sammy391 said:

So they

sammy391 said:

That's fair enough, but they should save us the BS about 'signing up to our project' & 'they subscribe to what plans we have for this amazing club' when in actual fact they've just tempted them by giving a few extra wedges of cash!
    Totally agree. Since when did signing for a club become a "project"?
  • sammy391 said:

Couldn't give a fuck if we pay over the odds, it's not our money
  • From watching the youtube video he reminds me very much of Matt Ritchie. Would be an excellent signing.
  • edited May 2017
    The club "accidently" removed Ben Reeves' profile from our first team squad page earlier..
  • Signs for us on Monday
  • Signs for us on Monday

Yes but which Monday?
  • Signs for us on Monday

Yes but which Monday?
    Not this one