Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad wages...

Does anyone have a rough idea of who the top 10 earners are at Charlton (players not staff) and there weekly salary ?

just curious.

Comments

• Options
    Not even Katrien knows that!
  • Options
    I heard from an acquaintance of a friend (convoluted, I know, but an impeccable source - the acquaintance is on the board of another club) that the annual player wage bill is £9,000,000 with £2,000,000 going on people out on loan like Igor and Naby.
  • Options
    The annual wage bill must be in the accounts - all be it that they will be twelve months out of date.

On a slightly separate note I'm not sure that the player's wages, individually, should be in the public domain. Despite being in 'the entertainment industry' I think they are entitled to privacy about what they earn.

I also think it's in the club's best interests if the players don't know what each other are earning. Almost everywhere that I've worked disparity in salary has led to resentment and disgruntled staff.
  • Options
    rumoured Texiera 12k pw, Novak 6k pw
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Robinson had a moan to the Scunthorpe manager (in earshot of grounds staff and media) about having one player on 12k PW (Tex) and two more who he'd never seen play (2 of Igor, Sarr, Kashi?) on 8k PW.

No idea on the top ten but it was said that Charlton offered a lot more in wages than any other league one club could for Novak.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Fire up Football Manager and you might get a good idea.

@Scoham how are the wage details on there determined?
  • Options
    Ross said:

Just had a look online.
    According to one website our yearly wage bill on FM this year was 6.4 million
    That would have been back at the start of the season.
  • Options
    Ross said:

I used to estimate them based on the player, their length of contract, age etc. Occasionally there were rumours of players being on high or low wages compared to the rest of the squad (e.g. Racon and Semedo while in League 1).

Robinson had a moan to the Scunthorpe manager (in earshot of grounds staff and media) about having one player on 12k PW (Tex) and two more who he'd never seen play (2 of Igor, Sarr, Kashi?) on 8k PW.

No idea on the top ten but it was said that Charlton offered a lot more in wages than any other league one club could for Novak.

So that was where the talk of Tex on £12k came from? I'm sure that was the amount I used for FM.
  • Options
    I overhead KR at an u23s game at SL saying 'it's a complete joke he got a 4 year contract'

No idea who he was talking about..
  • Options
    In the year to 30 Jun 2016 (ie. the Championship relegation season), we paid total wages/salaries of £12.5m to 146 members of staff.

It's probably reasonable to assume that 75% of this goes to the say 30 key players/coaching staff implying an average of £313k pa or approx. £6k per week.

This would leave an average salary of £27k for the remaining 116 members of staff which doesn't seem unreasonable (since it would include senior non-playing staff on much more than that as well as much lower paid staff obviously too).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm not nearly as bothered by some of the things Robinson says as many on here, but this is one where I don't know what's to be gained by telling another manager that? Surely it would just jack up the prices for players when we go to buy/sign them.

Also, if you're going to be in charge of a budget (and I see no reason why most managers should be given they have little to no schooling or education on the matter), ask to see the books first, or at least get an overview. If you don't, what you inherit is your problem.
  • Options
    I assume Tex, Igor, Sarr, Kashi would be the highest

I imagine Bauer, Ceballos, Solly, Watt would be reasonably high too, basically any player from the Championship era

Novak, Magennis, Ajose and JFC the highest of the recent signings, as strikers tend to be more expensive (?) while JFC was from Brighton (and more established than say Page)
  • Options

rumoured Texiera 12k pw, Novak 6k pw

Novak on over £300,000 a year ! .. f f s .. must be paid according to what he weighs ((:>)