Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    If Only
  • Options
    Seen over Yorkshire and heard in southern France
  • Options
    I loved that plane and so disappointed that it's now out of service.

The first time I saw it, I was living in Sydney, Australia and it flew over the city, it was spectacular.
  • Options
    Beautiful place. Not far from me.
  • Options
    Remains the pinnacle of human commercial transportation. Let's hope these space planes they're working on will look as beautiful and be a lot more efficient!
  • Options
    Extra, Extra! Read all about it... cloud looks like thing that isn't a cloud!

Slow news day at the Beeb obviously.

Anyway, looks more like an SR-71 Blackbird than a Concorde.

• Options
    Used to see it fairly regularly over SE7 about 5pm in the summer when we out in the park playing football after school
  • Options
    What a great photo.

I was so lucky the day I flew in to Heathrow following a months stay in Israel. I was waiting for a BA connection up to Manchester when I noticed a lot of commotion in the departures lounge then realised it was all the Concordes landing from their final flights. Watching them land, then taxi with their union jacks hanging out of the cockpit to the huge cheers of all the ground staff was amazing.
  • Options
    Flying on Concorde was on my bucket list.
    Sadly not to be
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sadly not to be

Same here
  • Options

Extra, Extra! Read all about it... cloud looks like thing that isn't a cloud!

Slow news day at the Beeb obviously.

Anyway, looks more like an SR-71 Blackbird than a Concorde.

I had a micro machine one of these. It had serious swapsie currency. I think I got some Garbage patch kids stickers, an eraser that looked and smelt of a lemon, and a ruler with a calculator in it
  • Options
    I was on a coach travelling along the perimeter road beside the northern runway at LHR as concorde took off alongside us. Breathtaking and so elegant.
  • Options
    Used to see it every Wednesday evening over Sidcup in the late 70's, early 80's. You cold tell it was Concord by the wonderful noise it made.
  • Options

Sadly not to be

It was an awful plane for passengers. The cabin was tiny and if you ended up sitting next to someone with personal hygiene issues it was a nightmare.

• Options
    Used to work just outside Reading and the New York flight used to pass overhead at I think 10.50 everyday. Awesome!
  • Options
    I used to live in Teddington and it would fly over twice a day - 11 and 5 ish. The flat I lived in would shake and if you were on the phone there was no chance of hearing what the other person was saying. Happy days.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I was at Reading festival in 1993 and Concorde flew directly over the stage during Ozric Tentacles set. "Hmm" I thought, "if I was a gullible stoned 24 year old that would be amazing. But I'm a 32 year old miserable git so it isn't." My girlfriend was though so I gave her the joint and stood at the back.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Sadly not to be

It was an awful plane for passengers. The cabin was tiny and if you ended up sitting next to someone with personal hygiene issues it was a nightmare.

At least it wasn't for very long.
  • Options
    I remember watching the three BA aircraft form up above Woolwich and flying along the Thames on route to Heathrow on their final flight. They actually stopped the traffic around the ferry as it was such an awesome sight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Used to see it fairly regularly over SE7 about 5pm in the summer when we out in the park playing football after school

Always remember seeing it around that time over Eltham.
  • Options
    Ironic that they talk about how far aviation has come these days yet two of the best planes ever built (Concorde and the 747) now dont fly, both well ahead of their time!!

We've gone forwards in some fields but seriously backwards in others
  • Options
    Didn't it fly over The Valley during matches once or twice?
  • Options
    That's not a Concorde, it's a Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
  • Options

Always remember seeing it around that time over Eltham.
    And Clapham. Noisy, but who cared?
  • Options
    I always stopped and looked when Concorde passed over and so did many others.
  • Options

Ironic that they talk about how far aviation has come these days yet two of the best planes ever built (Concorde and the 747) now dont fly, both well ahead of their time!!

We've gone forwards in some fields but seriously backwards in others

747s still in service, just not being built.

Concorde was actually a pretty crap passenger plane and only made money because the governments wrote off the development cost. Despite that, it looked amazing and it was a sad day when they were retired.
  • Options
    I think that the Spitfire, Harrier Jump Jet, and Concorde are arguably the most iconic aircraft in the world.
    They just look bloody great.