Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hartlepool

Gutted for them today. Those fans added a special day for us when we lifted the trophy dressing up as smurfs. Hope they bounce back.

Comments

• When I first became interested in football Hartlepools United (as they were known then) were struggling at the bottom of division 4 desperately struggling to avoid seeking re-election which is what happened in those pre pyramid days.

I developed a soft spot for them from that point on and am gutted they have gone.

That said an old housemate from way back is and was a Newport fanatic (they do exist) so I'm pleased for him.
  • Hartlepool, Rochdale and Halifax must have applied for a few re-elections in the past.

No sympathy.
  • Whilst I do have sympathy with Hartlepool's fans today you are right , since 1924 and 1984 they have been Re-elected to The football league 14 times which is more than any other club in history.
  • Craig Harrisson named as new manager today, plenty of non-league success with TNS.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40063109
  • How did Regan play @Davo55?
  • How did Regan play @Davo55?

Pretty decent @bolloxbolder. He played attacking left midfield. Very bright in the first half, faded away a bit in the second but then finished quite strongly. He has very good ball control even running at pace and has an eye for a deft little pass that is beyond most at that level. A c couple of Woking fans I was chatting to were very pleased to have him in their side.
  • Thanks. I won't labour the point but I've been advocating for the last two years that he should be in the managers first team thoughts.

Same with Dijksteel but then again what do I know.
  • edited October 1

Thanks. I won't labour the point but I've been advocating for the last two years that he should be in the managers first team thoughts.

Same with Dijksteel but then again what do I know.

Probably a lot more than 6 of our last 7 managers (I won’t have a bad word said against Fraeye)
  • Sponsored links:

• Craig Harrison has added ANOTHER new signing after bringing in striker Tomi Adeloye.

Like Thorne, Adeloye impressed in last Tuesday’s behind-closed-doors friendly romp against Bradford City, bagging a hat-trick against the young Bantams side. The 21-year-old, from South-East London, has been training with Pools over the past week and has now agreed to extend his stay. Adeloye, who has been handed the number 30 jersey, has a good pedigree, having been involved in the academies at Charlton Athletic and Millwall before joining Stoke City.

Read more at: http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/hartlepool-united/hartlepool-united-sign-ex-charlton-millwall-and-stoke-striker-1-878399