Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Promotion next year still possible

Carlisle in the league 2 play offs and we all know what that means

Comments

• Oh the irony... They've just come back from 2-1 down to win 3-2 @ Exeter and so finish in the Play-Offs.

Who do they now face in the Play-Offs... EXETER!! - Talk about having an advantage over your opponents now!!
  • Does anyone know what year it was when Charlton and Luton last played in the same division together?
  • In 62-63 Luton were relegated to division 3 with Walsall and we stayed up on goal average.

We must have been in the same division since though surely...
  • 1990s. Nelse scored a winner at kenilworth on the telly. Think we had a couple of seasons in old div 1 with them.
  • Does anyone know what year it was when Charlton and Luton last played in the same division together?

Did we not lose 7-1 at kenilworth once ? Not sure when, but I'm sure Jimmy Husband scored a few that day.

Did we not lose 7-1 at kenilworth once ? Not sure when, but I'm sure Jimmy Husband scored a few that day.
    Yes we did. Luton used to thrash us regularly.

I remember Killer's first hat trick for us.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/19108/the-week-that-was-10th-sept-1976-charlton-4-luton-town-3

1995/96. They finished bottom of whatever the second division was called back then. We came 6th and lost in the playoffs to a nameless bunch. Millwall temporarily disappeared from view that season too having been top early doors.
  • We won't need the play offs. We will win the league easy.

We will still need to get promoted at Carlisle
  • 1990s. Nelse scored a winner at kenilworth on the telly. Think we had a couple of seasons in old div 1 with them.

We did indeed. 3-0 was our first home win of the season, lthink we ost 2-5 away the same year, Lennie trying three centre-backs to counter their powerful forward (Hartford?) but it didn't work.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2017
    We got a hammering off them (Luton) in the 70's at the The Valley, mid week game would have been old Div 2, I think. Remember climbing over the high gates wearing a suit(not a sensible idea) to get out early thinking I could get a train. Memory is hazy but may have been 0-6 down and I had enough.
  • We lost 1-5 at home to Luton in the mid 70's too. It was a night game and I am sure we went 1-0 up and then they blitzed us with 3 goals in about 5 minutes early second half. Went to the 7-1 defeat at their place too and a few 3.0 stuffings along the way.
  • We got a hammering off them (Luton) in the 70's at the The Valley, mid week game would have been old Div 2, I think. Remember climbing over the high gates wearing a suit(not a sensible idea) to get out early thinking I could get a train. Memory is hazy but may have been 0-6 down and I had enough.

Yeah you have a hazy memory. It was 1-5. An old John Aston pulled us apart. I recall they scored 3 up the covered end in about 3 second half minutes.
  • We got a hammering off them (Luton) in the 70's at the The Valley, mid week game would have been old Div 2, I think. Remember climbing over the high gates wearing a suit(not a sensible idea) to get out early thinking I could get a train. Memory is hazy but may have been 0-6 down and I had enough.

Yeah you have a hazy memory. It was 1-5. An old John Aston pulled us apart. I recall they scored 3 up the covered end in about 3 second half minutes.
    Thanks for clarifying the score. Even so, it was a bad night.
  • Remember going to Luton away in the mid 90s for a new year game when it was without question the coldest i've ever been at a football match. Think we won 1-0.
  • David Whyte Whyte Whyte scored the winner that night