Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Orient

Blackpool fans have been campaigning against Oyston for a number of years now, and have their annual Judgement Day 3 protest today.

By fate, they have Orient today.

Massive thoughts and sympathies with those clubs and worth keeping an eye on this fixture today

Comments

• Options
    Spot on Redman. The Football League really are spineless.

All the best to the fans of these two clubs, who actually have owners worse than ours and that really is truly amazing.
  • Options
    Blackpool in a play off place and we all know the result is more important than the well being of a football club
  • Options
    My idea of protesting is if blackpool take the lead to make the plays offs the fans should storm the pitch and get the game called off
  • Options
    clb74 said:

My idea of protesting is if blackpool take the lead to make the plays offs the fans should storm the pitch and get the game called off

Just scored
  • Options
    On the pitch get gamed called off miss out on play offs
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    If I was a billionaire and could not buy by Charlton, I might try Orient. With money, I think they could get fans and compete, if not just because of their name and the fact they would be the value brand of North London. It would take 10-15 years but it could be done.

West Ham have a crap stadium, are expensive to watch, lack soul and are considered interlopers.

Orient produce good youth players. Make a deal to have them play elsewhere for 2 years while they rebuild the stadium to 20,000 once they are in League One. Invest, lose money, invest more and slowly climb from the bottom like Swansea did.

Liverpool and Everton have stadiums right next to each other and each do fine.

It would be a fun challenge. But it would cost a couple of hundred mil over a generation to make it work. You would have to be mega rich to financially tolerate the investment and timeline.

• Options
    No pitch invasion yesterday then, would of sent a message to the FL that they would of been willing to give up their play off place to highlight more on the owner.
    A few on CL have stated it's more than results,
    How extreme would we go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

No pitch invasion yesterday then, would of sent a message to the FL that they would of been willing to give up their play off place to highlight more on the owner.
    A few on CL have stated it's more than results,
    How extreme would we go.

No doubt the anti protests E10 Os Facebook page is slagging off the Orient fans who went saying it was "embarrassing" and they would have done something much more radical if only they could think of something you could do on keyboard and with no other personal effort.
  • Options

If I was a billionaire and could not buy by Charlton, I might try Orient. With money, I think they could get fans and compete, if not just because of their name and the fact they would be the value brand of North London. It would take 10-15 years but it could be done.

West Ham have a crap stadium, are expensive to watch, lack soul and are considered interlopers.

Orient produce good youth players. Make a deal to have them play elsewhere for 2 years while they rebuild the stadium to 20,000 once they are in League One. Invest, lose money, invest more and slowly climb from the bottom like Swansea did.

It would be a fun challenge. But it would cost a couple of hundred mil over a generation to make it work. You would have to be mega rich to financially tolerate the investment and timeline.

Because they're 2 historically big clubs as well as being the only 2 clubs in a city that if you include it's surrounding areas, probably has a population of well over a million.

Orient wouldn't suddenly gain a huge fanbase because they got into league one and rebuilt a stadium.
  • Options

Because they're 2 historically big clubs as well as being the only 2 clubs in a city that if you include it's surrounding areas, probably has a population of well over a million.

Orient wouldn't suddenly gain a huge fanbase because they got into league one and rebuilt a stadium.
    Plus Liverpool have almost the whole of Ireland supporting them.
  • Options
    Hello. There was never going to be a pitch invasion as all those who would have considered it were outside protesting. Certainly more Blackpool fans outside than inside the stadium.
    Expect to see plenty of empty seats for the home game v Luton