Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seating Complaint

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Going from some of the media reports on our matches (or lack thereof), I assume all the seats in the Press Gantry are restricted view.

But seriously this https://citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/event-tickets/event-tickets/complaints-about-events/ indicates that if your view is restricted, it should say so on the ticket. I assume there must be legislation to back this up. It's a shame you didn't do more research before writing your letter. It would have carried more weight if you could have backed it up with a bit of law.
    I'll be back if I find out any more.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Okay, failed to find anything specific. Perhaps it's just standard consumer rights legislation?

In any event, if you paid by either a debit or credit card, I'd give the club a swerve and claim for a full refund on your card provider's "charge-back" scheme. (You can't use section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1975 unless you spent over £100). They'll then claim it back from the club and that will cause them aggravation.
    which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-use-chargeback
  • Options
    The club have a maximum of 12 weeks (discounting internal policy) to resolve the issue before you can take the matter to rhe retail obdusman (there is one)
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Okay, failed to find anything specific. Perhaps it's just standard consumer rights legislation?

In any event, if you paid by either a debit or credit card, I'd give the club a swerve and claim for a full refund on your card provider's "charge-back" scheme. (You can't use section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1975 unless you spent over £100). They'll then claim it back from the club and that will cause them aggravation.
    which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Never heard of this before. Very good to know. Thank you.
  • Options

The restricted view seats were logged and put into the system as such years ago by Dave Colgan, who ran the ticketing system at the time. Policy was to sell them £2 cheaper. I thought that was included in the club charter at the time, but I might be wrong. It's not there now.

It may be that somebody decided to change that policy in the last few years or that the restricted view designations were "lost" from the system when it was upgraded, but I think the reason for the reduced price was a legal one, which is unlikely to have changed. It's likely to be a regular problem if they are not identified on the system (several hundred are affected), but it could just be some of them.

When there are so many available seats to switch to, wouldn't it be reasonable to argue that discounting these seats would only make them attractive to people who could then move seats.

A vital massive revenue stream could be lost through abuse of this loophole, the club finances could be endangered, and the Belgians forced to leave.Then where would we be?

Anyway the Post Office probably lost the seat records with the season tickets, or the seats are reserved for the 2% awkward fans, or no-one could be arsed, one of those.
  • Options
    Halix said:

The restricted view seats were logged and put into the system as such years ago by Dave Colgan, who ran the ticketing system at the time. Policy was to sell them £2 cheaper. I thought that was included in the club charter at the time, but I might be wrong. It's not there now.

It may be that somebody decided to change that policy in the last few years or that the restricted view designations were "lost" from the system when it was upgraded, but I think the reason for the reduced price was a legal one, which is unlikely to have changed. It's likely to be a regular problem if they are not identified on the system (several hundred are affected), but it could just be some of them.

When there are so many available seats to switch to, wouldn't it be reasonable to argue that discounting these seats would only make them attractive to people who could then move seats.

A vital massive revenue stream could be lost through abuse of this loophole, the club finances could be endangered, and the Belgians forced to leave.Then where would we be?

Anyway the Post Office probably lost the seat records with the season tickets, or the seats are reserved for the 2% awkward fans, or no-one could be arsed, one of those.
    As Airman said above. They should only sell these seats after the rest of the block/stand sells out.
  • Options
    Well done Charlton & Large nice gesture
  • Options

reply from CAFC -

Good Morning Neal,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

Over the summer period we will be revisiting our seating plan in an attempt to alleviate any issues.

I would like to offer you a refund on this match day ticket as an apology for the inconvenience caused.

Please can you provide the best contact number for you so that I can call you to process your refund.

Kind Regards,

I did not raise this issue to get financial compensation but to highlight the matter so in this instance I will be donating the refund to charity, namely the Charlton Museum on this occasion.

As it appears they have to revisit it, rather than review it, where is this seating plan located? Dubai?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can bet that the reason you got that response was because it was put on here.
    Personally I would've thanked them for the refund and told them to donate it to the protest fund, copying me in on the transaction.
  • Options
    Should have sat in the East with your family..........no restricted view from there - apart from the people walking past with their chips etc 10 mins after the second half had started.