Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Guinness

Draught Guinness in the UK now vegan.

Good news for those like me who enjoy a pint of the black stuff but not wanting to consume fish products.

Tell your veggie friends if they don't know.

Cheers!

Comments

• but how would vegan/vegetarians know they enjoy if previously never drunk it?, as was a non vegan/veggie product?.
  • Some people became vegetarian after they turned 18.
  • T.C.E said:

cfgs said:

Can I ask, as a barbaric meat eater can I still get the non vegan version or are my rights to be a omnivore being impinged?

You will get a complimentary bag of Pork Scratchings. ;)
    Woo hoo all is good.
  • So they've stopped using isinglass finings - I wonder what they use instead.
  • So Guinness isnt as good for you as it used to be.
  • I'd say it's better for you now...
  • What in Guinness would have been considered non-vegan?
  • Saga Lout said:

So they've stopped using isinglass finings - I wonder what they use instead.

Silica is popular.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rossman92 said:

What in Guinness would have been considered non-vegan?

Guinness will soon be good for vegans.

The famous Irish stout is to become vegan friendly for the first time in its 256-year history, as the company halts the use of fish bladders in its brewing filters.
  • Now using non biodegradable plastic
  • Thread of the Year.
  • Are they still using stuffed Toucans as their mascots, coz if they're not, I for one won't be touchin another drop
  • Now using recycled new five pound notes
  • Just finished my Sunday 60 mile cycle and enjoying my first Guinness for several years in the Dog and Bell. Oh yes.
    Slainte.
  • iainment said:

Just finished my Sunday 60 mile cycle and enjoying my first Guinness for several years in the Dog and Bell. Oh yes.
    Slainte.

No doubt old stock full of fish guts ;0)

• iainment said:

Just finished my Sunday 60 mile cycle and enjoying my first Guinness for several years in the Dog and Bell. Oh yes.
    Slainte.

Did the pub confirm when they received the barrel and when Diageo brewed the Guinness?
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

Slainte.

No doubt old stock full of fish guts ;0)

I hope you get diaorrhea (sp) too.
  • I think he's ok as long as it is no older than about 35 days...
    Also, draft only at the moment, cans and bottles still contain innocent baby fish
  • sam3110 said:

iainment said:

Slainte.

Did the pub confirm when they received the barrel and when Diageo brewed the Guinness?
    They have said all Guinness in pubs now is ok. Thanks for your false concern.
  • Always thought the Guinness tasted a bit fishy. I always put it down to the barmaid.
  • iainment said:

sam3110 said:

iainment said:

Slainte.

Not that old chestnut
  • Always thought the Guinness tasted a bit fishy. I always put it down to the barmaid.

Sorry for being prickly to you.
  • Now using non biodegradable plastic

Yummy...
  • iainment said:

sam3110 said:

iainment said:

Slainte.

Haha you really are something. I work for a partner of Diageo and was recently in the Headquarters in Park Royal, where we spoke about the changeover to vegan friendly Guinness and they said it's currently being rolled out but they said there would be a period of crossover as they cannot fully control all third party distribution and sale of Guinness. But thanks for being an arse about it
  • sam3110 said:

iainment said:

sam3110 said:

iainment said:

Slainte.

Haha you really are something. I work for a partner of Diageo and was recently in the Headquarters in Park Royal, where we spoke about the changeover to vegan friendly Guinness and they said it's currently being rolled out but they said there would be a period of crossover as they cannot fully control all third party distribution and sale of Guinness. But thanks for being an arse about it
    Guinness will keep for ages if kept properly once it's left the brewery. I imagine pubs aren't particularly arsed about ensuring that all the old stuff is used before the new stuff as long as it doesn't go past its 'use-by' date, and I imagine they care even less if someone considers it 'non-vegan' because I imagine they have much better things to think about.
  • edited May 2017
    What filters do they use on 2016's Supreme Champion Beer in the Gold category, Binghams, Vanilla Stout, Iainment?
    Only after a 26 mile trek over 2 days with a D of E group, I'm parched. And I'd be devastated if there were trace elements of something I've decided not to like.