Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Watt - Watt to watch.

1235»

Comments

• I can't have lost the talent we first saw. He may be an asset next season. I say may - not will!
  • smurfd said:

smurfd said:

Silly me I thought we paid him to score goals.

The seasons finished
    So he should be spending every minute of what we are still paying him to improve on his dismal performance of the previous season then. Or perhaps he only gets paid for the weeks he plays.

Given the physical limitations of the human body, and proper training and recovery procedures, there is only so much time in one day that you can spend training and working out. I certainly hope Watt is spending 2-3 hours a day working out, working on his touch, his fitness, etc. But much more than that at this stage and you risk burning yourself out in June, which does no one any good. If he wants to do something to share things he enjoys in his spare time, more power to him.
  • edited June 2017
    smurfd said:

If we do that would explain why he's skint, and needs to be looking for a bit of extra dosh.
  • SDAddick said:

smurfd said:

smurfd said:

The seasons finished
    So he should be spending every minute of what we are still paying him to improve on his dismal performance of the previous season then. Or perhaps he only gets paid for the weeks he plays.

Given the physical limitations of the human body, and proper training and recovery procedures, there is only so much time in one day that you can spend training and working out. I certainly hope Watt is spending 2-3 hours a day working out, working on his touch, his fitness, etc. But much more than that at this stage and you risk burning yourself out in June, which does no one any good. If he wants to do something to share things he enjoys in his spare time, more power to him.
    SDAddick said:

smurfd said:

smurfd said:

The seasons finished

Very Literal,, I forgot he was only 23 and not 33 and that Hearts sent him back halfway through his loan period, to be honest, if he wants to be a film critic then fine by me perhaps I could suggest his first viewings could be his performances this season or lack of them not to dwell on his 2 goals in 16 games but maybe look at the one where when losing the ball and sitting on his backside with his arms in the air protesting to everyone about a not given foul whilst the ball was being put into our goal, when nestling in the back of the net he was still in the same position, if he does stay and get playing time next season and at the end is anywhere near double figures then I will be the first to go and see his recommendations. B ut I won't hold my breath for that.
  • edited June 2017
    I shouldn't be too critical of the man because he has a talent most of us would love to have. In saying that being a short career he should be looking at ways to maximise his earners or make a living for himself after football. I maybe wrong perhaps he plans to that aswell.