Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    The club I've been playing for...sorry trying to play for has just folded :(
    Sorry to hear that. Mind me asking who that was? (Also, there's always room at the Colfeian inn...)
    Lessa Wanderers based in Footscray Road,Eltham.

Er, hang on. Does this mean you can't fulfil this Sunday's fixture against Waggoners...?
    Turns out that's the case. Ah well. Time to hunt a fixture.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @lolwray I notice that in one of your games for Sidley this season, some bloke hit 132 off 74 balls against your lot batting at seven, of which 106 came in boundaries (10 4s, 11 6s)!!

And your figures were 5-3-31-3, which must have meant your last two overs incurred that bloke's wrath?

And then you chased it down!!! What sort of pitch was that?!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    @lolwray I notice that in one of your games for Sidley this season, some bloke hit 132 off 74 balls against your lot batting at seven, of which 106 came in boundaries (10 4s, 11 6s)!!

And your figures were 5-3-31-3, which must have meant your last two overs incurred that bloke's wrath?

Thankyou for taking the time to look paddy..odd game ...yes I had 3 for not much then a proper cricketer came in took 30 off me in an over and I was off ..however he treated everyone about the same ...it's happened in 3 of the 4 games I have played in where the dad of a colt comes in and puts the game beyond our reach ..it seems acceptable down here but some might call it stacking..games all played in a good spirit though..when do cccc have their rematch with ocs? 

Hope you are having a good season old chap 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Thankyou for taking the time to look paddy..odd game ...yes I had 3 for not much then a proper cricketer came in took 30 off me in an over and I was off ..however he treated everyone about the same ...it's happened in 3 of the 4 games I have played in where the dad of a colt comes in and puts the game beyond our reach ..it seems acceptable down here but some might call it stacking..games all played in a good spirit though..when do cccc have their rematch with ocs? 

That sounds a bit off to me though - some bloke coming in at seven or so to do that! If that's the way it goes though, then fair play if they're used to it. Seems like you guys are struggling a bit though which is never nice.

We're playing next week (July 13th)! And I suspect we'll have a relatively strong team out. Season is going well, too - 5 wins (1 via concession) and two losses. The losses have come to the two teams above us, admittedly, but we're playing really well generally and hopefully this week sees a win!

Bit of a shame that it seems CCCC have lost a few players to injury or moving elsewhere - the 4s have unfortunately looked rather weak this year...
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    lolwray said:
    PaddyP17 said:

That sounds a bit off to me though - some bloke coming in at seven or so to do that! If that's the way it goes though, then fair play if they're used to it. Seems like you guys are struggling a bit though which is never nice.

We're playing next week (July 13th)! And I suspect we'll have a relatively strong team out. Season is going well, too - 5 wins (1 via concession) and two losses. The losses have come to the two teams above us, admittedly, but we're playing really well generally and hopefully this week sees a win!

Bit of a shame that it seems CCCC have lost a few players to injury or moving elsewhere - the 4s have unfortunately looked rather weak this year...
    Yes I think from a playing perspective they are going through a rebuilding period ..they may have a couple of decent Colts that might suprise you ....whatever you do enjoy it !,
  • Options
    Lost, agonisingly, by seven runs. 

We did well to bowl them out for 116, yours truly bagging three, but we were 35-4 in reply and despite our best player's best efforts, we couldn't get over the line.

I was in at 11 and eyed up a half tracker to dispatch, but it shot at ankle height and I was bowled for a quacker. Gutting to lose like that, but a good game and we'll stay third in the table. Ah well.

Social going on right now though so should be great! 
  • Options
    Minster steamroller continues it's way to Div I.
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Minster steamroller continues it's way to Div I.
    Bloody Cowdrey with 174! Hope he's not paid per run, eh
  • Options
    Looks like another huge mismatch at the weekend.  Beckenham 2s 452-6 then bowled whitstable 2s out for 68. Long was to travel to lose by 380 odd 
  • Options
    Looks like another huge mismatch at the weekend.  Beckenham 2s 452-6 then bowled whitstable 2s out for 68. Long was to travel to lose by 380 odd 
    Ouch! Whitstable are not doing very well as a club with the 1's very poor this year too. I did them last week and they have a new mid-season captain with many of the 2's stepping up, which probably why they got smashed at Beckenham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Both teams were relegated last season - one looks like going straight back up and the other will do well not to be relegated again.
  • Options
    Both teams were relegated last season - one looks like going straight back up and the other will do well not to be relegated again.
    Whitstable are struggling seriously for players 
  • Options
    Tenterden 1s in a similar situation - relegated from the prem last year and struggling in div1 this year. I think they lost their 2 best players to the vine which probably hasn’t helped. 
  • Options
    Keep it up paddy 2-26 from 9 down here in east Sussex 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    So... how was this week? :wink:

See your 1st team happened to do something a little remarkable though! That bowler is presumably taking a blow for the rest of his season - or career: https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/sport/cricket/sussex-cricket-league-match-sees-extraordinary-over-go-for-fifty-runs-1-9008150
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    lolwray said:

See your 1st team happened to do something a little remarkable though! That bowler is presumably taking a blow for the rest of his season - or career: https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/sport/cricket/sussex-cricket-league-match-sees-extraordinary-over-go-for-fifty-runs-1-9008150
    Gosh - 2 overs for 62!!!! That's some going...
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    lolwray said:

Gosh - 2 overs for 62!!!! That's some going...
    @Leuth I'd be delighted if you can talk us through the over that went for 41
  • Options
    It went for 40 ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    (also overs, maidens, wickets, average, etc)
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    lolwray said:

Jamie is a cracking batter playing a little below his proper level...some of those mismatches aren't dissimilar too the krcl 

Unfortunately our 2s didn't have a great day with only 9 players we got 100 ..I was run out without facing 

A very good Eastbourne 4s got them for 3 in no time ...I took 1 for a lot ...having a break for a couple of weeks to rest some niggles 

Enjoy your cricket paddy 
  • Options
    @Leuth game is off mate, which should come as absolutely zero surprise.

Bit shit this has happened twice in a row, especially as I'd have really wanted to make ground on the top two in the league, but that's cricket.
  • Options
    Expect today is a complete wash out 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Expect today is a complete wash out 
    There were two results this weekend, both in the KRCL! And I think only four/five other games even got started.

Hopefully this week is completely different - we've even organised a friendly fixture as our 3s have a spare week. (And I promise I'm not stacking the team - merely enlisting the services of a competent wicket keeper for the second time this season!)
  • Options
    Only two games started in the KCL, but neither got to halfway. 

The forecast is not great for this week and the ground I'm standing at does not dry too well but I'm hopeful. 
  • Options
    @Pedro45

are you a league umpire assigned to games or are you linked to a club and take one end of their games 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    @Pedro45

are you a league umpire assigned to games or are you linked to a club and take one end of their games 
    KCL Panel umpire. ;-)
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Only two games started in the KCL, but neither got to halfway. 

The forecast is not great for this week and the ground I'm standing at does not dry too well but I'm hopeful. 
    My mate was playing in one of them - Common 2s down at Sandwich. He fielded 40 overs (several of which at sweeper) before it was called off for rain. Was very hungover and very moany when we played on Sunday.

But to be fair, Sandwich - who were very keen to get some sort of game in - were getting a little bit of revenge:

"we think sandwich are [doing this] because we tried to mess them for the t20 qfs

we were at home and had to offer three dates

we offered three midweek dates and they cried up to the league"

What goes around comes around!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    @Pedro45

KCL Panel umpire. ;-)
    Image result for ooh youre hard gif