Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipad Help

edited May 2017 in Troubleshooting
My iPad Air has just died, I can't get it to start up. I've tried it plugged into the mains but still no joy. Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone know if they can be repaired?

Comments

• Options
    How long has it been plugged in?

• Options
    Just over an hour.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

How long has it been plugged in?

This, if it was low on power, it sometimes a good while before the screen comes up with the red battery charging symbol.
  • Options
    Was going to say, sometimes mine and my sons iPads take a while to turn on if they are completely flat battery wise, sorry,no ideas other than that, good luck.
  • Options
    Is the charger definitely working? Do you have an iPhone you can test it on?
  • Options
    I've still got it plugged in , so I will wait and see. I'm sure it had plenty of power left in it before it died. It seems more like it is locked up than having no power.
    I've tried holding the buttons in for quite a time but no joy.
  • Options
    Can it connect to a laptop? Via iTunes?
  • Options
    Hold the home screen and power button to reboot?
  • Options
    Make sure it's an iPad charger not a phone one then keep plugging in and taking out a few times and pressing home button it needs a jump start. That's what my bosses did last week and I got it working.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hold the home screen and power button to reboot?

Done this no joy.
  • Options

Is the charger definitely working? Do you have an iPhone you can test it on?

Yes all checked.
  • Options

Can it connect to a laptop? Via iTunes?

Just tried this , laptop can't see it connected
  • Options

Make sure it's an iPad charger not a phone one then keep plugging in and taking out a few times and pressing home button it needs a jump start. That's what my bosses did last week and I got it working.

Tried no good.
  • Options
    Mine did the same and took 24 hours of being on charge to come back to life. Then was fine (until I left it in the car roof and drove off).
  • Options
    Wipe the end of it? Blow it? The end of the charger and the connector in the iPad I mean.
  • Options
    Shake it vigorously and bang it against the wall