Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    Would be a very bad start to the summer for the regime were he to go
  • Options
    Not happened as yet. Keep calm
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Learning form their mistakes last year I see targeting high League 1 goalscorers....................Ajose, Novak
    I remember when he broke through at Norwich he looked decent. But that was a decade+ ago. It's an excellent point: not all League One goalscorers are created equal, as Ajose and Novak have taught us. If you're a team that is going to play on the counter, look to exploit space in behind, and/or get crosses into the box early and often then the likes of Ajose and Novak could well get you goals. But it seems Robinson wants to play high tempo, pressing, possession-based football and neither one is suited to that. I don't understand us going after another L1 level poacher, or really any forward who cannot play up front on their own. I mean is he even realistically significantly better than Ajose?!?!
  • Options
    I can't see Ricky leaving, nobody is gonna cough up enough money for us to sell him and its got to be Champ.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I can't see Ricky leaving, nobody is gonna cough up enough money for us to sell him and its got to be Champ.

Any other rumours you know of redhenry?

• Options
    Redhenry said:

how much is enough though? I reckon a bid of 750k and he's gone.
  • Options
    surely this whole holmes saga is just his agent trying to get him a better deal from stacy
  • Options
    I have no idea if Ricky will be re-homed this Summer, but I do know that it is nigh on a certainty that this lot with screw up yet another transfer window.
  • Options
    Carruthers to Charlton rumour picking up pace in Sheffield. Mrs is giving him grief as she can't settle in Sheffield (I don't blame her)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont mind if we sign one or two ex MK Dons players but anymore than that and it becomes a bit of a joke!!
  • Options

I dont mind if we sign one or two ex MK Dons players but anymore than that and it becomes a bit of a joke!!

MK Dons our new feeder club.
  • Options
    I thought Holmes only signed for us in the mistaken belief that Wild Man would be the manager.

He was misled and wants out. Don't blame him.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

cfgs said:

I thought Holmes only signed for us in the mistaken belief that Wild Man would be the manager.

Wilder joined Sheff Utd on May 12th, our third bid for Holmes was accepted for Holmes on 16th June.
    Don't let facts get in the way of nonsense!

cfgs said:

Wilder joined Sheff Utd on May 12th, our third bid for Holmes was accepted for Holmes on 16th June.
    The truth is not welcomed here my friend.
    When Holmes joined I was seriously underwhelmed now I would be gutted to see him leave, he isn't a normal winger, games don't pass him by and he is hardly ever on the periphery. He chases lost causes and always puts a shift in.

Not sure on Carruthers but would be astounded if he was not a massive step down on Holmes.
  • Options
    Caruthers seems decent but if it is a sweetener to get us to sell Holmes to Sheff Utd they can do one
  • Options
    cfgs said:

sam3110 said:

cfgs said:

cfgs said:

When Holmes joined I was seriously underwhelmed now I would be gutted to see him leave, he isn't a normal winger, games don't pass him by and he is hardly ever on the periphery. He chases lost causes and always puts a shift in.

Not sure on Carruthers but would be astounded if he was not a massive step down on Holmes.
    Carruthers is a defensive central midfielder. Holmes is an attacking winger. One wouldn't replace the other.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

sam3110 said:

cfgs said:

cfgs said:

Two completely different players arent they?

I was under the impression that Carruthers is more of the Crofts type player that sits in front of the Defence?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017

cfgs said:

sam3110 said:

cfgs said:

cfgs said:

Carruthers is a defensive central midfielder. Holmes is an attacking winger. One wouldn't replace the other.
    I was sure that KR was touting him as a talented and creative wide man when we were pursuing him in January?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38497496
  • Options
    cfgs said:

cfgs said:

sam3110 said:

cfgs said:

cfgs said:

I was sure that KR was touting him as a talented and creative wide man when we were pursuing him in January?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38497496
    So did Wilder

"He is an attacking midfielder who can fit into a number of positions and we are looking forward to introducing him to our great group," boss Chris Wilder told the club website.
  • Options
    KR will just fill the squad with mediocre ex MK Dons players - typical of a lazy manager who hasn't got a decent scouting network to keep resigning the same players.
    We look destined for another crap season especially if Holmes goes.
  • Options

I'm not Robinsons biggest fan and we have every right to be sceptical of yet another transfer window but let's wait and see before we go too overboard with the doom and gloom.

I'm not hopeful but I'm not slitting my wrists just yet.

This.......

We will no doubt be underwhelmed by who eventually comes in but, let's have a few weeks without the negativity when not a single​ player has come or gone
  • Options

I'm not Robinsons biggest fan and we have every right to be sceptical of yet another transfer window but let's wait and see before we go too overboard with the doom and gloom.

I'm not hopeful but I'm not slitting my wrists just yet.

Yes, because the season has finished so early, the moans about our crap squad for 2017/18 have started extra early as well!
  • Options
    The thing is to be hopeful, we still have Johnson, no news on him going yet :wink:
  • Options
    Would Carruthers possibly be the no. 10 KR needs to play 4231?
  • Options
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/09/burton-and-charlton-among-clubs-eyeing-fulhams-george-williams/

George Williams, been on loan at MK Dons from Fulham. Some sites call him a midfielder, others a forward.

Not to be confused with the other George Williams at MK Dons, who is a defender.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/09/burton-and-charlton-among-clubs-eyeing-fulhams-george-williams/

George Williams, been on loan at MK Dons from Fulham. Some sites call him a midfielder, others a forward.

Not to be confused with the other George Williams at MK Dons, who is a defender.

Started at MK with Robinson there so might make sense.

Has never scored a career goal.