Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options

What is the 10 position?

I think it became popular years ago with Bo Derek
    A blast from the past.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I'll stick my neck out and say Fosu is a great signing - so I wanted four decent signings and now think we need three. I think Stewart needs to be brought in to compensate for the Marshall injury. So maybe a striker and a keeper now.

On the striker front, playing one up front, we have to hope Magennis can do the job and stay fit. Novak, I need convincing about. The other thing is goals through the team. JFC may be an important player in that respect and we have centre halves who can score so maybe it will be better.
  • Options

What is the 10 position?

Behind the No.11 position and in front of the No.9 position ;)
  • Options
    Up front I would take a punt on Walsall's Amadou Bakayoko. Only 21 and 6' 4". Scored 10 goals in his first full season.
  • Options
    Think Stewart and goalie is a must at least. Hope we might stretch to one more loan signing but probably won't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What is the 10 position?

I think it became popular years ago with Bo Derek
    Dudley Moore was a false 9, I imagine
  • Options
    Back onto discussing no10, for the umpteenth time. This thread is painful, at least on the other non charlton rumours people get the idea and don't go of the topic too much or have a discussion over pointless things.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Back onto discussing no10, for the umpteenth time. This thread is painful, at least on the other non charlton rumours people get the idea and don't go of the topic too much or have a discussion over pointless things.

If it's that bad you dont have to open it.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

What is the 10 position?

I'll go for top right.
  • Options

If it's that bad you find have to open it.
    I do for actual rumours, the bitesize thread is good and to the point but this is the polar opposite. just making an observation as 100 + unread and not a lot more to add and going over the same conversation every 10 pages.
  • Options
    Rumours! !!???
  • Options

uie2 said:

Rumours! !!???

Looks like we've missed out on Mbappe.
    Monaco have denied a fee has been agreed, let's hope RD pulls his bloody finger out for a change!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

What is the 10 position?

Reverse cowgirl?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    uie2 said:

Rumours! !!???

Turned down a 150,000 bid for Harry Lennon from Northampton
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

uie2 said:

Rumours! !!???

Turned down a 150,000 bid for Harry Lennon from Northampton
    There having a laugh!
  • Options
    They are
  • Options

Addickted said:

What is the 10 position?

I'll go for top right. But in all honestly, would settle for anything.
  • Options

Harry Lennon is not very popular with a lot of Charlton fans.
    But when out on loan and playing regularly by all accounts he has done well.
    The trouble is at Charlton he is way down the pecking order and never seems to string a run of games together.
    I still believe he will become a decent player good enough to play in the championship eventually.

When I saw him in the Championship second half of two years ago I thought he looked ok at best. His positioning and reading of the game isn't great. He's not particularly good on the ball. He's good in the air and he has the mobility to cover for his mistakes, but I think he's a ways off yet. On the handful of times he played last year he had a big mistake in him.

I think he'd benefit from a sixth month loan to determine how good he actually is. We have four good center backs ahead of him plus Dijksteel looked handy there against Dover and Bowery by all accounts looked good against Welling. I agree that injuries and a consistent run in the team have hindered him, but given where he is right now I think League Two or lower League One is about his level.
  • Options

The trouble is at Charlton he is way down the pecking order and never seems to string a run of games together.
    I still believe he will become a decent player good enough to play in the championship eventually.

I think there is certainly potential with him. Unfortunately when he plays he is quite rash and partial to giving away penalties, picking up cheap bookings and has had a couple of red cards. If he could cut that out, he would be in with a shout.
    Personally I think at his age, he probably needs a move away and be a playing regularly.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

When I saw him in the Championship second half of two years ago I thought he looked ok at best. His positioning and reading of the game isn't great. He's not particularly good on the ball. He's good in the air and he has the mobility to cover for his mistakes, but I think he's a ways off yet. On the handful of times he played last year he had a big mistake in him.

I think he'd benefit from a sixth month loan to determine how good he actually is. We have four good center backs ahead of him plus Dijksteel looked handy there against Dover and Bowery by all accounts looked good against Welling. I agree that injuries and a consistent run in the team have hindered him, but given where he is right now I think League Two or lower League One is about his level.
    I agree with you that he will benefit from a loan where he can play regular first team football.
    The problem he has at Charlton is that he is so far down the pecking order that when he does get a chance it is only ever for one or two games, he never gets a run in the side to show what he can do.
    I would like to loan him out to a club that will give him 1st team football and see how he progresses.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

I agree with you that he will benefit from a loan where he can play regular first team football.
    The problem he has at Charlton is that he is so far down the pecking order that when he does get a chance it is only ever for one or two games, he never gets a run in the side to show what he can do.
    I would like to loan him out to a club that will give him 1st team football and see how he progresses.
    I'd agree as long as we have an immediate recall clause.