Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Was a decent player back in his Colchester days but I'd be underwhelmed if we signed him now.
  • “I’m going to see out my playing career here because I love the place so much. I love the North West and there are so many factors determining my stay here – the football, the management staff, the player and the fans. I also want to settle in the North West so I’m extremely happy.”

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/ian-henderson-wants-to-end-his-playing-career-at-spotland-2761560.aspx

Great target there.

He wants a move up north.
  • “I’m going to see out my playing career here because I love the place so much. I love the North West and there are so many factors determining my stay here – the football, the management staff, the player and the fans. I also want to settle in the North West so I’m extremely happy.”

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/ian-henderson-wants-to-end-his-playing-career-at-spotland-2761560.aspx

Great target there.

He wants a move up north.
    Dale Stephens ?
  • such ambition !

• Decent player in my opinion.
  • Not a rumour as such, but I do know that we are top of James Henry's list of clubs he wants to sign for. Was told this a few months ago but got told it again at the weekend. No idea if David Brent wants him though.
  • But we have 6 (SIX!) strikers already and a threadbare midfield. Surely Ajose, Igor, Novak and/or Watt must be moved on first.
    If we wait & we've not been able to move them on, all our targets will be gone !
  • At first glance you would think Henderson was a poor target. Then have a look at L1 top scorers & you realise there isn't much better !

Sharp, gone up with Sheff U.

Vaughan, too many injuries.

Morris, good player, but is a left winger.

Gregory, Millwall so won't be coming to us.

Cox, like Henderson, no spring chicken.

Taylor went to Bristol C in January.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers
  • Sponsored links:

• David Ball also on that list for Fleetwood, he's looked good this year.
  • Hmmm, Fleetwood... that year we went up with Powell we took some of the best players of a "small" club that had done well to get to the play-offs but fail to get promoted.
  • edited May 2017

Hmmm, Fleetwood... that year we went up with Powell we took some of the best players of a "small" club that had done well to get to the play-offs but fail to get promoted.

Wasn't that 'little club' Bournemouth? I know they did not get tothe playoffs, but we did take some of their players.
  • edited May 2017
    alangee said:

Hmmm, Fleetwood... that year we went up with Powell we took some of the best players of a "small" club that had done well to get to the play-offs but fail to get promoted.

Wasn't that 'little club' Bournemouth? I know they did not get tothe playoffs, but we did take some of their players.
    And look how that worked out for both clubs :sweat:

Thanks Roly.

David Ball's good . He's got a shot on him and he's not a midget like most of our signings.

David Ball's good . He's got a shot on him and he's not a midget like most of our signings.
    Yeah he looked class at the Valley. That 100 minutes chip that hit the underside of the bar was a Claus Jenson like effort.
  • Josh Morris, 19 goals and 17 assists, Scunthorpe will do well to keep hold of him (not that I'm suggesting we have a chance)
  • alangee said:

Didn't they lose in the semi-final to Huddersfield the same year we finished 13th?

That summer we signed Wiggins and Hollands.
  • alangee said:

Didn't they lose in the semi-final to Huddersfield the same year we finished 13th?

Hollands signed within a week of their play off defeat
  • alangee said:

You're probably right. I thought they finished just outside.
  • Sponsored links:

Played well in both games against us, always rated him.

More likely to sign Marc Almond
  • Bid accepted for Ricky Holmes from Sheffield United. Friend of a friend at the BBC. Here we go again.
  • Bid accepted for Ricky Holmes from Sheffield United. Friend of a friend at the BBC. Here we go again.

Sadly no surprise there if true.

• Only today Cawley dismissed that.

Sadly no surprise there if true.

Sadly predictable. Waiting for all the nonsense about challenging for promotion to come out despite Robinson saying less than a week ago he wants to build a team around Holmes.

More likely to sign Marc Almond
    He nearly blew it when he said to Katrien, "With your avenger eyes
    And your Kat like ways
    I can hold you
    You are a fool
    For me to be cruel"
    Then he won her over when he said, "I can look deep into your eyes and shout Roly, Roly, Roly, Roly, Roly"

If true then thats it for me. I was going to renew Jnr Golfies season ticket as its only £100 but I'll have to tell him we'll go watch Welling...........or the Hamsters.

If true then thats it for me. I was going to renew Jnr Golfies season ticket as its only £100 but I'll have to tell him we'll go watch Welling...........or the Hamsters.
    Me too, if we sell Holmes they can stick their season tickets up their arse