Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options

Redhenry said:

on a free, bags of league one and champ experience, whats not to like.

what not to like is that we have a young goalkeeper of our own who it seems wants 1st team football and when he did play this season acquitted himself very well.
    The boy has talent, but it's still a risk going with a young goalkeeper. We have seen with some of our other youngsters that the consistency isn't there for a long season in League One.
  • Options

May I be the first to say I'm going to be ignoring this thread and only reading the 'signed' threads?

He says after not ignoring this thread?
  • Options
    Alvin Martin's son.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

what not to like is that we have a young goalkeeper of our own who it seems wants 1st team football and when he did play this season acquitted himself very well.
    The boy has talent, but it's still a risk going with a young goalkeeper. We have seen with some of our other youngsters that the consistency isn't there for a long season in League One.
    Agreed, all youngsters have dips in form

Besides we need another keeper, and I'd rather us recruit someone decent than get in a rubbish second choice keeper who would provide no competition
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Agreed, all youngsters have dips in form

Besides we need another keeper, and I'd rather us recruit someone decent than get in a rubbish second choice keeper who would provide no competition
    Trouble is Martin will not be coming in as second choice. He will be first choice which means Dilton will want to go (judging by the reports coming out) so then we need 2 keepers.
  • Options
    In January KR was rumoured to be after Ben Reeves at MKD and Shane Williams at Millwall [ ex MKD ] as he knew their contracts were expiring in the summer. It was rumoured that he would wait until the summer after refusing to pay exorbitant fees. I haven't read anywhere that Williams has signed a new contract but if they were to win the play offs , I imagine he would want to play in the Championship .
  • Options
    Norwich have taken the option of extending Rudd's contract for a year. With Ruddy released he'll probably have more of a role there too. Guessing that's why Martin's been linked.
  • Options

Norwich have taken the option of extending Rudd's contract for a year. With Ruddy released he'll probably have more of a role there too. Guessing that's why Martin's been linked.

This confirms he will be back there: http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-contracts-3701983.aspx
  • Options

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-contracts-3701983.aspx

Few decent players released though. Ruddy to replace Rudd

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    wellsy14 said:

Don't usually post as usually just read forum topics etc. But bumped into an old acquaintance who works for the club (don't want to name names obviously!) very very briefly and quickly asked what was going on at the club - told me that at least 7 players were leaving the club this summer. Didn't name any names unfortunately! Hope this info helps someone anyway!

Igor, RoJo, Ceballos, Watt, Tex, Sarr, Forster-Caskey and Novak wouldn't surprise me. Add Ajose, Holmes, Aribo and Konsa and it's worrying though.
  • Options

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-contracts-3701983.aspx

Declan and John meet for a beer....

John - "Hey Declan, I have a contract offer from Charlton. Seeing as you spent a year on loan there, I'd love to hear your thoughts"

That convo would only go one way, and it wouldn't end with directions to the training ground.
    So you think John would be a Ruddy idiot to move to Charlton then?
  • Options

John - "Hey Declan, I have a contract offer from Charlton. Seeing as you spent a year on loan there, I'd love to hear your thoughts"

That convo would only go one way, and it wouldn't end with directions to the training ground.
    So you think John would be a Ruddy idiot to move to Charlton then?
    Wages would be a massive stumbling block anyway .
  • Options

wellsy14 said:

Don't usually post as usually just read forum topics etc. But bumped into an old acquaintance who works for the club (don't want to name names obviously!) very very briefly and quickly asked what was going on at the club - told me that at least 7 players were leaving the club this summer. Didn't name any names unfortunately! Hope this info helps someone anyway!

Igor, RoJo, Ceballos, Watt, Tex, Sarr, Forster-Caskey and Novak wouldn't surprise me. Add Ajose, Holmes, Aribo and Konsa and it's worrying though.
    Except for JFC I agree.

JFC has only just joined on a permanent deal. Don't think he will leave. Also think he's pretty good and getting better so I want him to stay.

Include loanees returning to their parent club and we could have over 15 exits...
    Only put him down as I've seen a few people say he has no intention of being here next season.
  • Options

I know this question is asked every year but when do clubs have to announce who is being released etc.? - Wonder when Charlton will announce that Roger Johnson has activated the number of games that he needed to earn a new three year Contract.

When they want to.

Norwich have already done so although they still have a game to play.

Only Johnson and Chicksen of the senior players are out of the contract.

The club, or at least Jason Euell, may not want to annouce who is gone from the U23s before their have played their semi (and hopefully final) although the players may already know.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

because we already have Dillon Phillips. Cant see why a goalkeeper is a priority - I would have though a couple of strikers were, seeing as we finished the season with just 2 fit ones (and Novak being not very good IMO) & 2 out of favour (Watt & Ajose)
  • Options

Weren't we linked with Turner last summer?

There are some decent players in there, but Bassong and Mulumbu can do better than us, and we'd never pay their wages. Ruddy is way out of our league.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

because we already have Dillon Phillips. Cant see why a goalkeeper is a priority - I would have though a couple of strikers were, seeing as we finished the season with just 2 fit ones (and Novak being not very good IMO) & 2 out of favour (Watt & Ajose)
    But then we only have Phillips, who himself is young and inexperienced, with his back ups being even younger and even more inexperienced
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Adam Smith being let go by Northampton. I'd have him.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

I agree. KR doesn't appear to though. He wants 2 x goalies (source Declan Rudd) meaning Dillon is likely to want to go somewhere for regular football.

• Options

I think Rudd enjoyed his time with us actually, he certainly was up for it in the majority of games and seemed to genuinely care.

Ruddy is out of out budget anyway surprised he's only 30.
  • Options

I think Rudd enjoyed his time with us actually, he certainly was up for it in the majority of games and seemed to genuinely care.

Ruddy is out of out budget anyway surprised he's only 30.
    No chance Ruddy would come here. Could easily be number 1 at Aston Villa, Sunderland or even Newcastle.

Probably on big wages and Norwich are looking to the future.
  • Options

cafc-west said:

This confirms he will be back there: http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-contracts-3701983.aspx
    Would put a cheeky offer on the table for Ryan Bennett who's been released by Norwich...
    Yes please.
  • Options
    Not a rumour but Maddison been transfer listed by Peterboro .Surely we try and sign him? Scores and assists for fun in this league .

Would also love to sign Grigg from Wigan tho don't know if we'd be able to afford him
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Not a rumour but Maddison been transfer listed by Peterboro .Surely we try and sign him? Scores and assists for fun in this league .

Would also love to sign Grigg from Wigan tho don't know if we'd be able to afford him

Maddison would fit Meire description of "we're going to sign the best players in league 1" but Posh are very good at getting best value from their player sales so I'd think he go to a higher league.