Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

HALL OF FAME RESULT

Voting has closed for this season's Hall of Fame and the three winners are listed below.
In the pre 1950 category , Charlie Vaughan collected 41% of the vote with Gordon Hurst in second place.
Eddie Firmani was a clear winner with 62% in the 1951-80 section, with John Hewie coming second for the third year running.
In the post 1980 category, John Robinson was victorious scoring 54% with Steve Gritt narrowly gaining the runner up spot.
As in previous years the three winners will have their names added to the Hall of Fame Honours Board, which is to be found in the Museum. The three runners up will go forward into next year's contest. Thanks for voting and if you have any suggestions for next time, let us have them.

Comments

• For next year, I nominate Roland, Katrien and Tony
  • Yes Robbo!
  • _MrDick said:

For next year, I nominate Roland, Katrien and Tony

In what category though..??
  • cafc999 said:

_MrDick said:

For next year, I nominate Roland, Katrien and Tony

In what category though..??
    Clown of the year
  • Voting has closed for this season's Hall of Fame and the three winners are listed below.
    In the pre 1950 category , Charlie Vaughan collected 41% of the vote with Gordon Hurst in second place.
    Eddie Firmani was a clear winner with 62% in the 1951-80 section, with John Hewie coming second for the third year running.
    In the post 1980 category, John Robinson was victorious scoring 54% with Steve Gritt narrowly gaining the runner up spot.
    As in previous years the three winners will have their names added to the Hall of Fame Honours Board, which is to be found in the Museum. The three runners up will go forward into next year's contest. Thanks for voting and if you have any suggestions for next time, let us have them.

If Robinson hadn't won, he'd have moaned so much that Gritty would have given him the award anyway :wink:
  • Poor old john Hewie. What does a man need to do?
  • So pleaded Robinson won. Have we had a player with his desire since ?
  • Jacko will get on that board one year.
  • Nobody goes on the ballot until at least 5 years after they stop playing for us. That provides perspective but I agree. There are 2 players Jackson and Solly who will be in the Hall of Fame one day, so even in these dark times we have them both to be thankful for.
  • Stig said:

Poor old john Hewie. What does a man need to do?

It's too late now, but if he'd scored that World Cup penalty...
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonderful words from John Robinson. Well worth reading. If only we had a few like him at the moment.
  • Great words.

Seem to recall reading that after one midweek home game he saw some charlton fans had broken down and gave them a lift home to Brighton. Does anyone else remember this?
  • Wonderful words from a great bloke. A favourite of mine back then, would be nice to have even one just like him now.
  • His point about everyone coming together is so valid and exactly what we are now missing.

Should be viewed by Roland and the SMT.
  • edited May 2017
    Brilliant for JR, and a great response from a top bloke.

Can someone please post the vid of the goal against Man U where he scoops it out of the net and tells the team to carry on and score the winner.

True CAFC determination, the like of which we rarely see nowadays.

When he arrived as "the replacement for Robert Lee", I was disappointed with his early performances, but it just shows how you can be badly wrong about a player sometimes.

Here's to you Johnny Robinson, Charlton loves you more than you will know. OH OH OH !
  • Is there any archive film anywhere, even from Italy, of Eddie Firmani?
    If there is I have not encountered it, but would love an example to show younger fans even a hint of what an ace player he was.