Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yesterday's woeful use of the 'big' screen

Not sure if it's been discussed elsewhere but what was the point of displaying sections of some Act on the 'big' screen? My eyesight is reasonably good but once you put a larger font heading on a page of text on that screen then the smaller text becomes illegible. I nearly had to invade the pitch to read what it said in case it was important for me to know. One for the legal eagles but doesn't it make it a pointless exercise if the meat of the message is in 'small' print ?

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:

Give the club some credit. Warnings on the screen and the deployment of 10,000 stewards were a great way to get the atmosphere going.

You forgot the handful of tanoy announcements with someone reading out the warnings - the club really were top class for antagonising a situation!!
  • Options
    Not defending the club, but we said the same thing, and there was a geezer with a walky talky in front of us who piped up and said it was the OB who made us put that up.
  • Options

The banner at the botttom of the screen has also been advertising 2016/17 season tickets for the last couple of months... including yesterday, the last game of the season.

I always thought it was because people can't actually read what's on the screen half the time they haven't noticed the season ticket deal they've still been promoting
  • Options
    Pity they didn't put up the FL's fit and proper regulations.
  • Options
    Honestly I'd say all the legal messages on there were formality more than anything, want to be seen to have done all they can to stop it though I'm sure they knew it wouldn't make much of a difference.
  • Options
    I wasn't particularly bothered by the message on the screen in itself. I would expect that any organisation concerned about what its 'customers' might do, to publish messages to try and discourage any deviant behaviour. That said, I noticed that it certainly caused a few ripples amongst to people I was with, so I suspect it probably had more of a negative than a positive effect.