Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky Holmes

Comments

• Options
    All that story says is that the club will hold talks with Holmes about a new contract. I won't be celebrating until he signs it!
  • Options
    edited May 2017

All that story says is that the club will hold talks with Holmes about a new contract. I won't be celebrating until he signs it!

Maybe he has already signed it

With the exception of Jacko and Solly he knows, as POTY, he is top dog at the club. Where else would he go, be settled and have that status.
  • Options

Bid accepted for Ricky Holmes from Sheffield United. Friend of a friend at the BBC. Here we go again.

If you (or your "friend" is a WUM then I'm taking you down myself........

NOT FUNNY
    cabbles said:

We bought him for £125k I believe. He's got a year left on his contract, Sheff Utd are a division higher and RD will be on a mission to recoup whatever he can/save as much money as possible. I would imagine if Sheff Utd put in £250k we'll let him go

Someone mentioned £1m earlier. He's not worth that at all imo

Some players are worth more than the amount you could sell them for - Yann being one of them. Its the old saying about knowing the price of everything but the value of nothing. You sell Holmes for £250k but that money could not replace him - probably a figure closer to £1m is more realistic in terms of his "worth" Top goalscorer being the first thing to think about. Not only do you have to factor in trying to replace him as a winger you have to replace the goals he scored - ie, 2 players in 1.

As I said before - if he goes then I do. I wont set foot into the ground again unless my new team is playing there.
    His worth to us is probably £1m, maybe more, but I don't think any other club will pay us £1m for him, way too high
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Bid accepted for Ricky Holmes from Sheffield United. Friend of a friend at the BBC. Here we go again.

If you (or your "friend" is a WUM then I'm taking you down myself........

NOT FUNNY
    cabbles said:

We bought him for £125k I believe. He's got a year left on his contract, Sheff Utd are a division higher and RD will be on a mission to recoup whatever he can/save as much money as possible. I would imagine if Sheff Utd put in £250k we'll let him go

Someone mentioned £1m earlier. He's not worth that at all imo

Some players are worth more than the amount you could sell them for - Yann being one of them. Its the old saying about knowing the price of everything but the value of nothing. You sell Holmes for £250k but that money could not replace him - probably a figure closer to £1m is more realistic in terms of his "worth" Top goalscorer being the first thing to think about. Not only do you have to factor in trying to replace him as a winger you have to replace the goals he scored - ie, 2 players in 1.

As I said before - if he goes then I do. I wont set foot into the ground again unless my new team is playing there.
    His worth to us is probably £1m, maybe more, but I don't think any other club will pay us £1m for him, way too high
    Lets hope you are right piddles: )
  • Options
    Having seen the Blades play a few times last season, I doubt if Holmes would fit into their scheme as a regular starter, especially in the Championship .. he'd be an 'impact from the bench man' at best .. and at his age and with his temperament, that just would not suit.

Ricky me ol mucker .. stay with us where you are loved and valued and where your bread is well buttered (unless the fickle make you a scapegoat if things get worse) ((:>)
  • Options
    When its on the OS etc., but encouraging to hear they are trying to convince him to stay. Lets hope it's not a half hearted effort just for show and is a from a genuine desire to keep him.
  • Options
    probably like the contract they said they offered Kermorgant before they sold him. As they say......they have history.
  • Options

He had a great year. But the fact is he is about to turn 30. Most forwards peak out at age 27. There is s very good chance he won't replicate this season, next year. Or ever.

The data is quite strong on this. For every forward like Zlatan that power through into their 30s, there are 10 that decline sharply.

My guess is he goes for 1 million. And if we get that offer, both CAFC and Holmes, would be crazy not to take it.

For me, what's upsetting is the fact we know RD won't reinvest the money and that angers me more than Holmes getting a shot at a higher league while he can.

How old was Kermy when we sold him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017

Having seen the Blades play a few times last season, I doubt if Holmes would fit into their scheme as a regular starter, especially in the Championship .. he'd be an 'impact from the bench man' at best .. and at his age and with his temperament, that just would not suit.

That's the role CW played him in at t'Cobblers for large parts of their promotion season ....just saying, like.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    He'll only sign it to get POTY and then'll be off to Sheff Utd. FACT.

Source: friend of a friend's friend's friend.
  • Options

let's see how the talks go before we get too excited, still plenty of time for KM to cock it up

To paraphrase Brian Clough: "It only takes a second to screw up a contract."
  • Options
    dizzee said:

What?
  • Options

dizzee said:

What?
    Whooooooooooosh.
  • Options
    I doubt there will be any large offers on the table for Ricky, due to age and not playing at a higher. But we did sell Kerm for 400k. :disappointed:
  • Options

That's the role CW played him in at t'Cobblers for large parts of their promotion season ....just saying, like.
    I didn't realise he wasn't a regular starter for the old Cobblers .. praps that's why he asked for a move
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Redhenry said:

I doubt there will be any large offers on the table for Ricky, due to age and not playing at a higher. But we did sell Kerm for 400k. :disappointed:

Heard Yann described on the radio the other day as one of the best players currently in the Championship.

• Options
    Kerm is easily one of the best Championship players (even now). Why Roland sticks with Meire & Driesden after how much their deals with Kerm, Sarr, Lepoint, Ceballos, Polish Pete and so on have cost him, is beyond belief.
  • Options

Kerm is easily one of the best Championship players (even now). Why Roland sticks with Meire & Driesden after how much their deals with Kerm, Sarr, Lepoint, Ceballos, Polish Pete and so on have cost him, is beyond belief.

Because they are right and the rest of football are wrong and mean for making it look like they have made a plethora of mistakes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Because they just followed orders, I seem to remember a story at the time on the night of Yann's sale Meire was trying to change Rolands mind as she could see the fans backlash, not sure if true or not.
  • Options
    Has Ricky signed a new contract?
  • Options
    are pigs flying?
  • Options

I've heard he has
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I've heard he has
    switched from T-Mobile to EE?