Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky Holmes

Comments

• Options
    Groan
  • Options

If Holmes and Magennis didn't get injured this season, we would have challenged for the play offs. He's too good for us, but don't think he'd play every week in a Championship side

We were pants and can't defend for toffee.

Pearce is the guy we missed, and we sold a LB to Wendies and replaced him with a 5 foot loanee.

If the club sell Holmes then KR will have no grounds for spouting any top six ambitions, and the "board" will just show that they have not learned from the YK mistake they made on day one.
    Very bizarre to pick on Da Silva. He started playing and we started winning. It was the games we wasted on Page that cost us. I'd say Da Silva is a strong contender for our best player when he played.
    KR includes him in his list of signings in January, but then didn't play him for 2/3 months
  • Options

If Holmes and Magennis didn't get injured this season, we would have challenged for the play offs. He's too good for us, but don't think he'd play every week in a Championship side

We were pants and can't defend for toffee.

Pearce is the guy we missed, and we sold a LB to Wendies and replaced him with a 5 foot loanee.

If the club sell Holmes then KR will have no grounds for spouting any top six ambitions, and the "board" will just show that they have not learned from the YK mistake they made on day one.
    Only 6 teams conceded less than us

Da Silva is infinitely better than Fox

Just saying

Our inability to score is what's cost us

• Options
    Hmm, remind me, is Da Silva on a permanent contract? Are we likely to see him again?
  • Options

Hmm, remind me, is Da Silva on a permanent contract? Are we likely to see him again?

No Dasilva is only on loan from Chelsea
  • Options
    Holmes will get a new deal, the same was done with JBG and Cousins to keep them for one more season.
  • Options

Holmes will get a new deal, the same was done with JBG and Cousins to keep them for one more season.

I really hope so
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Our POTY has always left the following summer in recent times. Can't see it being any different this time personally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Our POTY has always left the following summer in recent times. Can't see it being any different this time personally.

Solly?
  • Options

Solly?
    Pre-Roland. Also unsellable but they did try!!!

To be fair they did let Cousins win it twice before selling him...
  • Options

As Holmes is now 29 & a southerner, I'd like to think he'll stay if we pay him what he deserves.

I think he'll be here next season
  • Options

As Holmes is now 29 & a southerner, I'd like to think he'll stay if we pay him what he deserves.

I think he'll be here next season
    I hope you are right - he's worth the price of a ticket on his own...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    J BLOCK said:

Just been told it's done and dusted to Sheff Utd. Very good source.

Spot on with that one J BLOCK.........keep up the good work sunshine!
  • Options
    I think it only depends on how much is offered for Holmes. If it's more than £750,000 he'l be gone.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I think it only depends on how much is offered for Holmes. If it's more than £7.50 he'll be gone.

• Options
    Probably would have got relegated without him. He is a delightful player to watch. Keep him and build the squad around him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    think we'll get another year out of him at least
  • Options
    Can't see why Holmes would want to stay? Short of a massive increase in wages why would he want to be here?
  • Options
    Can't believe my club Charlton Athletic are fighting keep Ricky bloomin' Holmes.
  • Options
    I'd leave if I was Ricky, or get a decent pay rise. Probably his only shot at Championship football.
  • Options

Can't see why Holmes would want to stay? Short of a massive increase in wages why would he want to be here?

he is fairly local in Southend so might prefer now at his age to be back near family, with a wage increase can see him staying.
  • Options

he is fairly local in Southend so might prefer now at his age to be back near family, with a wage increase can see him staying.
    Hope he does.......
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Can't believe my club Charlton Athletic are fighting keep Ricky bloomin' Holmes.

I know, it's not like us to put up much of a fight :hushed:
  • Options
    Bid accepted for Ricky Holmes from Sheffield United. Friend of a friend at the BBC. Here we go again.
  • Options

Bid accepted for Ricky Holmes from Sheffield United. Friend of a friend at the BBC. Here we go again.

If you (or your "friend" is a WUM then I'm taking you down myself........

NOT FUNNY