Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ricky Holmes

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

iamdan said:

I'm probably going over old ground, but I'm told by fairly good source - who knows Wilder, that Wilder didn't sign for us purely the fact Sheffield Utd came in for him and nothing to do with Katrien or Roland.

Heard it a few times. He used us yo show a bit of leg to get Sheff Utd to leap into action - which they duly did. It's just easier to blame it all on the regime

Yeah, let's ease off the regime, they're are doing a great job. COYA.
    I didn't say that. All I'm saying is we don't need to blame everything on them. Wilder played us like a cheap banjo end of story

Perhaps we don't need to blame every failure on the régime. Perhaps it's unfair to do so.

But it sure feels good.
    Even the things they may not have actually done are usually a symptom of their mismanagement.
  • Swisdom said:

iamdan said:

I'm probably going over old ground, but I'm told by fairly good source - who knows Wilder, that Wilder didn't sign for us purely the fact Sheffield Utd came in for him and nothing to do with Katrien or Roland.

Heard it a few times. He used us yo show a bit of leg to get Sheff Utd to leap into action - which they duly did. It's just easier to blame it all on the regime

This is not true. He was ready to sign for us despite being advised against it by football people within our club. the sole reason he didn't sign was Roland's refusal to put in the contract he could full control over the team.
    As an aside I can confirm that S Unt are trying to tie him into a new 4 year contract as bigger clubs are sniffing around. He is considering his options.
    I don't know where you get your information but it is wrong. If you look back over my many posts over the years the only ones I state as factual are ones about Chris Wilder.
  • redman said:

Swisdom said:

iamdan said:

This is not true. He was ready to sign for us despite being advised against it by football people within our club. the sole reason he didn't sign was Roland's refusal to put in the contract he could full control over the team.
    As an aside I can confirm that S Unt are trying to tie him into a new 4 year contract as bigger clubs are sniffing around. He is considering his options.
    I don't know where you get your information but it is wrong. If you look back over my many posts over the years the only ones I state as factual are ones about Chris Wilder.
    There is an opinion that Swisdom gets paid by the club.
  • redman said:

Swisdom said:

iamdan said:

There is an opinion that Swisdom gets paid by the club.
    Not true. Fact
  • Seen reports he was going to Sheff U, then he would sign a new contract and then he is going to Sheff U again. Get the feeling he will go sadly. Hope I''m wrong.
  • edited June 2017
    Another bid rejected according to KR,more than one club in for him now as well. I will be shocked and very pleasantly surprised if hes still with us come September 1st. Still in talks with the club re new contract apparently.
  • Another bid rejected according to KR,more than one club in for him now as well. I will be shocked and very pleasantly surprised if hes still with us come September 1st. Still in talks with the club re new contract apparently.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/26077/charlton-athletic-reject-fresh-bid-ricky-holmes-one-club-chasing-winger/
  • I think Southend are interested so might be them.

He lives there so that would be the only attraction for him
  • I think Southend are interested so might be them.

He lives there so that would be the only attraction for him

Them offering would be nothing short of an insult. Can't imagine they would be able to afford nearly what us and Sheffield United could offer anyway.
  • edited June 2017
    He's off. Can't say I blame him. Reading yesterday's SLP with comments from the manager about Marshall, made my mind up that Holmes won't be here soon.

Reading that new link, just underlines that he will go in my opnion

From 12 months ago

Holmes made a transfer request to Northampton on 15 June 2016 after repeated bids by Charlton and one day later after the 2 clubs eventually agreed a fee of £125,000, Holmes signed a two-year deal with the Addicks being the first signing for new manager Russell Slade.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cant help but think that if he was staying, it would be sorted already.
  • If Southend were interested the only deal we should be looking at is a straight swap for Ryan Leonard, has as much quality as Holmes if not more.
  • Was it Holmes that was on Holiday at the moment? I can see him signing on his return. (I expect he'll be just behind Tex in the salary brackets)
  • Dazzler21 said:

Was it Holmes that was on Holiday at the moment? I can see him signing on his return. (I expect he'll be just behind Tex in the salary brackets)

Back today by the looks of his Twitter.
  • He's just booked his second honeymoon in Sheffield.
  • edited June 2017
    When we signed him I was thoroughly underwhelmed and then struggled through his first interview, his sniffing all the time annoyed me. Now I would be gutted if he left proper fans player, ability matched by desire.
  • Very good player one we should hold onto. if he signs a new deal with us it will show a sign of intent, if not then nothing's changed.

Fingers crossed.
  • edited June 2017
    That is one enormous fart he's letting off in that tweet.
    Whether or not he agrees a new contract with Charlton this summer, if Roland receives an offer he (on a whim) considers adequate Holmes will be available to the bidder. We know this, cos this has happened throughout the septuagenarian shit4brain's tenure. If, like Michael Morrison or Chris Solly, Holmes doesn't like the move he won't have to take it.
    The timing or size of any incoming fee will be irrelevant because KR (whomever) won't get to spend it on replacements.
    From the nature of the players signed already, my money is on Holmes being available to Sheff U or anyone proffering a sufficiently large sounding fee. As far as tommy underpants or roly the grouch understand things, Clark, Fosu & Marshall are all the same as RH anyway.
    Securing the services of Jason Pearce enthused me for a minute or two but that was soon reined in by the wider real experience of the last 3 and a half years.
    As with all his predecessors KR will be expected to generate results with whatever ragtag, tissue-thin, rabble is on the books on 1 September. If that rabble proves inadequate or injury prone, KR will pay with his job, just like BP, GL & RS.
    The absence of any senior leftbacks or goalkeepers strike me as the most pressing issues.
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/27806/charlton-winger-ricky-holmes-talks-first-time-sheffield-united-summer-bids/

Another interview.

Holmes says Kashi is the best "number 6" in the league. Robinson clearly likes referring to their roles by their number.
  • Didnt realise that Holmes had played with Marshall @ Barnet
  • Really looking forward to seeing what the season holds for him. Going to be very interesting.

Lets 'ave it Rickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • edited July 2017

Didnt realise that Holmes had played with Marshall @ Barnet

They both played against us in a league cup game at The Valley.

Marshall started and looked decent and rapid then. I may have even suggested him as one to watch. Ricky came on from the bench towards the end.