Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Orient Game Not Going To Finish

124»

Comments

• Options
    It looks to me like Blackpool just wanted to ensure that they were not punished if there game was abandoned again. I'm glad that they have reached an agreement.

I am horrified, however, that the EFL, and the Police, especially, lied to the fans. I can see why the EFL would want to do so but the Police should be above it. They are there to protect the public, not the integrity of the EFL.
  • Options
    I imagine there is a lot of anger over on Orient life...
  • Options
    I get its the EFL's job to ensure that the Promotion | Play-Off | Relegation places are filled at the end of each season.
    I get it that there are rules in place which confirm how much involvement they have with the clubs.

BUT

As they say in their Statement, they were able to amend the rules to cover themselves if ever they have a repeat of the Blackpool v Huddersfield game so why didnt they amend the rules to ensure there was never even a need to repeat that sort of event?
  • Options
    My Favourite bit, and I quote:

While acknowledging the right of fans to protest, we cannot support this if those actions ‘cross the white line’ and affect the sporting outcome. The pitch invasion at the Matchroom Stadium was peaceful in its nature but led to the referee needing to take the players off the field. We cannot sit back and allow this to happen and have the credibility of our competition, which is envied the world over, questioned. The result of the game matters in all circumstances, particularly if it affects promotion, play-off qualification or relegation issues.

So the credibility of the completion is maintained by finishing the game two hours later and without a single tackle or challenge of any description being made all in one half of the pitch?

*wanders off shaking head*
  • Options
    Quoting from the EFL statement,
    "Our Rules reflect our position as a competition organiser and are derived to protect our competitions, the format of which thrives on promotion and relegation. It is therefore imperative that all clubs play 46 games of 90 minutes to complete a full season and any variation from this brings the legitimacy of the competition into question.

While acknowledging the right of fans to protest, we cannot support this if those actions ‘cross the white line’ and affect the sporting outcome. The pitch invasion at the Matchroom Stadium was peaceful in its nature but led to the referee needing to take the players off the field. We cannot sit back and allow this to happen and have the credibility of our competition, which is envied the world over, questioned. The result of the game matters in all circumstances, particularly if it affects promotion, play-off qualification or relegation issues."

Can anyone post (1) an email link for EFL, and (2) a link to evidence of the rumoured 2 occasions when RD has stated that winning matches is unimportant? If so, maybe if enough of us send emails they will respond to the question why, under their own stated criteria, they are not investigating the situation at Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    This is terrible.
  • Options
    I can't believe how little has been said about Huddersfield making 10 changes and handing old twitchy bollox a lifeline
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017

I can't believe how little has been said about Huddersfield making 10 changes and handing old twitchy bollox a lifeline

To be fair I dont really care nor do I think Huddersfield should get into trouble

They've got a squad of players, its their Managers choice in regards to who plays or not... If the EFL are so worked up about it, why not introduce the same rules that effect the Football League Trophy which says X amount of players must have been used in the last match.
  • Options
    Exactly and the Prem fined wolves didn't they the other year for resting against Man Utd ?
  • Options

Exactly and the Prem fined wolves didn't they the other year for resting against Man Utd ?

Yeah they were fined £25,000 and the Premier League changed the rules to state that anyone from the 25-man Premier League squads could be picked in any game
  • Options
    Since the Orient match off, match on game, The Football League have made a rod for their own back.

If you want a game off, sit there all night, or break one of the goals.
  • Options
    EFL in being cnuts shock!

Not fit for purpose along with the FA, Premier League, FIFA, UEFA...

Football is fecked.
  • Options
    This just bolsters my opinion of the whole set up and makes non league even more attractive.
    This is no longer the working mans game but a money machine run by business minded people