Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Orient Game Not Going To Finish

Comments

• Good on em. The Football League have had this coming for a long while
  • They'll be fined £20.

If we did it (and I'm not advocating it), we'd be fined half a billion pounds, demoted to National League South and forced to re-install the sofa.
  • No way should we do this , it would offend the lame ducks in our fan base who are still too busy gobbling off this wank ownership and deserve this shit

Probably more a case of we haven't got the fans to get a game abandoned
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    Game is restarting behind closed doors
  • clb74 said:

Hopefully we could replicate this tomorrow.

Your f@cking joking you were nearly crying when I was trying to pull you off on the pitch at Northampton
  • Mmm we are not the only club with a liar
  • Yep, on Orient's official Twitter the game has re-started. Is that the longest gap in play ever?
  • Now I feel sorry for Col U fans. The EFL should refund their tickets and travel.
  • I thought that was a possibility and makes sense to finish game off for goal diff shit with Colchester
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep, on Orient's official Twitter the game has re-started. Is that the longest gap in play ever?

Hopefully we can beat that tomorrow
  • They think it's all over. It is now. 1-3.
  • Sounds like the EFL must have put plans into action to counter this sort of thing i.e. Blackpool's pitch invasion was the one that shocked them leaving them without a clue what to do.

Now the plan must be: Keep the players in the dressing room, pretend to call the game off and then once everyone has gone... Playing the remaining minutes of the match.

The only thing that could stop that is by remaining on the pitch after the game has been "abandoned" and stay into the evening ensuring that the match cant be played that same day really messing things up
  • Sounds like the EFL must have put plans into action to counter this sort of thing i.e. Blackpool's pitch invasion was the one that shocked them leaving them without a clue what to do.

Now the plan must be: Keep the players in the dressing room, pretend to call the game off and then once everyone has gone... Playing the remaining minutes of the match.

The only thing that could stop that is by remaining on the pitch after the game has been "abandoned" and stay into the evening ensuring that the match cant be played that same day really messing things up

Or break the crossbar
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39676226

A decision was taken with the police to announce that the game had been abandoned, as it was felt this would help clear the pitch, which proved correct.

Proof they never had any intention of actually abandoning the match...

Shouldnt have actually admitted this as it'll be harder to move fans the next time a set decide to invade the pitch

Very poorly handled, and quite ironic that they decided to be honest and admit it. It wouldn't be too difficult to dress it up a little more palatable would it?

"The decision to rescind the previous abandonment of the fixture was taken after the Metropolitan Police were able to disperse the fans quicker than originally expected. Upon discussing this development, it was decided between match officials and club representatives that the fixture could be concluded in a fair way without compromising the integrity of the result, by playing the remaining time."

These gits aren't even competent liars FFS.
  • Lucky - you acting as KM's script writer? :-)
  • Come on. If there's a pitch invasion tomorrow, KM will get on the PA and say "the game is abandoned, honestly" and everybody will leave.
  • Bring a ball tomorrow to take on the pitch. If the game's called off when we're losing, can someome please score an equaliser and a winner?